shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump says, "Biden will hurt the Bible, hurt God"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is why religion should play ZERO role in politics. What the heck does religion and g-d have to do with running this country. SMH.
Of course what Trump is doing is clever as he doesn't care about religion but he is looking for any way to divide and conquer and get more votes. That is all he truly cares about.

From JFK:

“I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute - where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be Catholic) how to act, and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote - where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference - and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him.

I believe in an America that is officially neither Catholic, Protestant nor Jewish - where no public official either requests or accepts instructions on public policy from the Pope, the National Council of Churches or any other ecclesiastical source - where no religious body seeks to impose its will directly or indirectly upon the general populace or the public acts of its officials - and where religious liberty is so indivisible that an act against one church is treated as an act against all.

[Remarks to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association, September 12 1960]

― John F. Kennedy

"The liberty of man is not safe in the hands of any church."
Robert G. Ingersoll

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.13.27 AM.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard this on a radio talk show yesterday, in reference to the things Trump has been saying lately.

"If your enemy keeps shooting himself in the foot, why would you take his gun away?"

Let Trump continue to say foolish things.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You beat me to posting about this, @kenny. I tried and tried to think about what I wanted to say yesterday after I heard the news. I read about it at many sources. I just didn't have it in me to post. I really didn't know what wise words I might add to the conversation. Joe Biden has always been a devout Catholic. He agonized over the position of the Democratic Party over a woman's right to choose because he was pro-life. He called upon his faith to help him get through the deaths of his wife and little daughter from a car crash then his son, Beau, from brain cancer. He is a decent, compassionate human being. Trump has no faith but uses religion as a ploy.

I am not trying to say that religious people are good and that those who eschew religion or oppose it actively are bad. I am trying to say that hypocrisy (in my opinion) is bad. I am saying that if one extols religion he shouldn't be using it only to manipulate others. One should be true to one's principles, whatever they are.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note, it is really absurd for anyone raised in the Judeo-Christian tradition, or indeed, in any monotheistic religion to speak of someone being able to "hurt" God. I do not know if Donald Trump ever went to Sunday school or read a book on comparative religions in school. Each of the monotheistic religions teaches that God is all knowing and all powerful. The notion that a mortal man could harm him is antithetical to the teachings of those religions.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

scouty

Brilliant_Rock

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing Trump knows about religion is how to exploit some of its adherents.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard this on a radio talk show yesterday, in reference to the things Trump has been saying lately.

"If your enemy keeps shooting himself in the foot, why would you take his gun away?"

Let Trump continue to say foolish things.

Excellent saying.
Excellent point.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is getting desperate as the days get closer to the election. I cant imagine what he will do next.

But I can't wait to find out. If he's elected again in spite of all the ways in which he's demonstrated that he's a selfish, greedy, idiot narcissist then I want to be a citizen of another country.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I recall there was a Taiwanese president who faked his own assassination on election day. Worst comes to worst, maybe Trump will fake his own assassination as well.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But I can't wait to find out. If he's elected again in spite of all the ways in which he's demonstrated that he's a selfish, greedy, idiot narcissist then I want to be a citizen of another country.

Amen to that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why wasn't once enough to convince you there was a problem here? How about when it was followed by up by a failure to remove him from office when he was was impeached?

People always ask how Hitler could have gotten into power in Germany. Well, during the Weimar Republic following World War I when the German people were very angry and disaffected, they elected him. That was in 1933.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why wasn't once enough to convince you there was a problem here? How about when it was followed by up by a failure to remove him from office when he was was impeached?

People always ask how Hitler could have gotten into power in Germany. Well, during the Weimar Republic following World War I when the German people were very angry and disaffected, they elected him. That was in 1933.

Well of course I have a problem with Trump being elected the first time, and if you read my posts for comprehension you would see my views reflect that. And I dont need a history lecture, I'm well aware of the factors that led to the rise of Hitler and the parallels today.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well of course I have a problem with Trump being elected the first time, and if you read my posts for comprehension you would see my views reflect that. And I dont need a history lecture, I'm well aware of the factors that led to the rise of Hitler and the parallels today.

I know the history of your posting and I agree with you most of the time. I didn't think you needed a history lesson, either. I was posting only in response to one specific post you made which implied Trump should be slapped down only for a second election to the presidency. I wanted to make the point that none of us should accept it that Trump got elected once. As time passes, it bothers me more and more that it could happen here. Sorry if you felt personally targeted. I am feeling a self-loathing at being an American who let Trump happen.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the history of your posting and I agree with you most of the time. I didn't think you needed a history lesson, either. I was posting only in response to one specific post you made which implied Trump should be slapped down only for a second election to the presidency. I wanted to make the point that none of us should accept it that Trump got elected once. As time passes, it bothers me more and more that it could happen here. Sorry if you felt personally targeted. I am feeling a self-loathing at being an American who let Trump happen.

I was in Cannes France two years ago. Suddenly we heard a noise on the street, it was some American fool in a maga hat crowing about the greatness of Trump. "Isn't he great?", said the fool. I replied that no, he was awful and an embarrassment to our country. I must have had a really bad look on my face because someone came up to me and said, "Can you believe that guy? What a fu$%&$# @$$#%". I started to laugh because it was exactly what I was thinking. Turns out the guy who came up to me was from NJ too, hence all the casual profanity lol. We agreed that living where we do we knew about Trump and it was all very bad.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much worse is this going to get? USPS is going to cease to exist as a going concern, and certainly a neutral gov entity. There was a Friday night massacre where about 30 high level staff in the USPS were fired. Trump is going to staff and control the USPS. Don't have to speculate about someone stealing the election, it's happening before our eyes. If/when he does control the USPS trump will change his tune and be pro mail in ballots....

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much worse is this going to get? USPS is going to cease to exist as a going concern, and certainly a neutral gov entity. There was a Friday night massacre where about 30 high level staff in the USPS were fired. Trump is going to staff and control the USPS. Don't have to speculate about someone stealing the election, it's happening before our eyes. If/when he does control the USPS trump will change his tune and be pro mail in ballots....

You are exactly right; they're stealing the election right before our eyes. The Trump crony who is taking over usps also has stakes in rival mail companies. Gee, what a surprise. It boggles the mind that a president could be so brazen but it's really upsetting that no one can stop him.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup.
It's chilling to recall that when running for election Hitler literally promised to "Make Germany Great Again!"

Sound familiar?

Nationalism is an ugly thing. :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup.
It's chilling to recall that when running for election Hitler literally promised to "Make Germany Great Again!"

Sound familiar?

Nationalism is an ugly thing. :nono:
Unlike Hitler Trump can't be the POTUS for more than 8 yrs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least Biden tries to clarify his comments instead of doubling down on them like Trump does. Like how he doubled down on wishing Ghislaine Maxwell well in the Axios interview ...
Biden made the same statement twice with two different media,so yes, Biden double down before he walked back.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh really?
You might want to read up on how dictators develop and take over ... with your beloved Trump in mind.
I can guarantee you that Trump will not be in office past Jan. 2025

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can guarantee you that Trump will not be in office past Jan. 2025

Naive.
Read some history books.

Voting for Trump in Nov is voting for four more years of the dismantling of American democracy.
Brilliantly, he appeals to gun owners.
Factor THAT in. :-o

This guy knows exactly what he's doing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Voting for Trump in Nov is voting for four more years of the dismantling of American democracy.
Factor THAT in
. :-o

This guy knows exactly what he's doing.
FYI, Some Americans do believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Factor THAT in. :-o
And there will more guns sold than ever in history as the radical left kept on yelling for DEFUNDING the police.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results