shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump launches missiles at Syria

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lawrence O'Donnell needs a tin foil hat. Ridiculous.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Red, I listened for about 5 minutes, got interrupted and didn't bother to finish. Nothing is too incredible for LO to dismiss if it's a negative on Trump.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
YUP, like the Oklahoma bombing.. homegrown terrorists kill.
Like Waco. that was horrible.

We grow them here too.

You are going way back. There are plenty of more current ones, in fact just one last Sunday. And of course what about Paris, and St. Petersburg, Russia.

Again my heart goes out to them and my gratefulness to the President that knock wood, nothing has happened here. on his watch.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I didn't have to turn on the tv after the Boston Marathon. I had friends and relatives that were there.
Do I think it was Obama's fault, no. How about this type of hate crime, where
"Srinivas Kuchibhotla died when suspect, named by police as 52-year-old Adam Purinton, walked into "Bar and Grill in the Kansas City suburb of Olathe and opened fire on Wednesday evening. Kuchibhotla's friend, Alok Madasani, and Ian Grillot, a bar-goer who tried to intervene in the attack, were also shot, but survived."

I worry about every nut job in this country being able to easily own a gun.

Edited to say: I am glad you personally feel safer. It really sucks to not feel safe. I just get really riled about about mentally unstable people committing crimes and then being used as scapegoats. There will always be people running around in this world that are dangerous, it's human nature. No one can ever make us totally safe. Reality. Peace and love.

Do you think any law on the books is going to prevent those who should not be any where near a gun from having them?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Kate, if you've already stated your position, I overlooked it and apologies.
Did you at the time and looking back think Obama was correct in asking congress to approve military strikes against Syria?

E B

Ideal_Rock
IMG_8417.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
WASHINGTON (AP) — A senior U.S. official says the United States has concluded that Russia knew in advance of Syria's chemical weapons attack last week.

The official says a Russian-operated drone flew over a hospital in Syria as victims of the attack were rushing to get treatment.

Hours after the drone left, a Russian-made fighter jet bombed the hospital in what American officials believe was an attempt to cover up the usage of chemical weapons.

Until Monday, U.S. officials had said they weren't sure if the drone was operated by Russia or Syria. The senior official said it still wasn't clear who was flying the jet that bombed the hospital.

The official said the presence of the drone couldn't have been a coincidence, and that Russia must have known the chemical weapons attack was coming and that victims were seeking treatment.

The official wasn't authorized to speak publicly on intelligence matters and demanded anonymity.

https://apnews.com/19772be1238e49fb...sia-knew-in-advance-of-Syrian-chemical-attack

Is it true that Spicer just called Russia our ally today? I wasn't able to watch today's briefing.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are going way back. There are plenty of more current ones, in fact just one last Sunday. And of course what about Paris, and St. Petersburg, Russia.

Again my heart goes out to them and my gratefulness to the President that knock wood, nothing has happened here. on his watch.

Well we just had a shooting at a school in San Bernadino.. another homegrown murderer... I hope we dont have anything on Cheeto's time either, under Trump we had 9/11 and Boston bombing where 3 killed many wounded.. Just because something happened in 1995 doesn't mean that it doesn't count.. we all remember 9/11. Most terrorists so far in the USA are homegrown muslims that are radicalized or they are nutcases.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we just had a shooting at a school in San Bernadino.. another homegrown murderer... I hope we dont have anything on Cheeto's time either, under Trump we had 9/11 and Boston bombing where 3 killed many wounded.. Just because something happened in 1995 doesn't mean that it doesn't count.. we all remember 9/11. Most terrorists so far in the USA are homegrown muslims that are radicalized or they are nutcases.

This subject is surprisingly spread out to research for several reasons, and honestly, I got too tired to go too deep into it, so I think you're going to have to show me where you're getting that, because that's not ringing true to me.

Other than the fact that the definition of "terrorism" usually morphs to fit whatever drum the writer is beating, making things very muddy, my suspicion is you're going to find that "most terrorists so far in the USA" are homegrown, NOT Muslim, and no more nutcase than in the usual population, nutcase simply being one of those convenient terms that allows dodging real analysis of the terrorist and the act IN CONTEXT of the culture.

And I'll post a link again to the latest (and totally under-reported) case of a foiled home-grown non-Muslim terrorism attempt:

3 militia group members arrested in alleged bomb plot targeting Somalis in Kansas
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...mb-plot-targeting-somalis-20161014-story.html

And just a little tidbit that shows just how not no-longer-relevant 1995 is, these guys apparently had McVeigh's exploit in mind while planning their attempt. Everything old is new again, right?

"The complaint said that Stein discussed the explosives used in the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh."

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah, I liked this from the first link. A conclusion that falls under the "It's complicated" and "Well, d'uh" and "Do ya THINK????" categories:

"Our brief review suggests that connections between mental illness and gun violence are less causal and more complex than current US public opinion and legislative action allow. US gun rights advocates are fond of the phrase “guns don’t kill people, people do.” The findings cited earlier in this article suggest that neither guns nor people exist in isolation from social or historical influences. A growing body of data reveals that US gun crime happens when guns and people come together in particular, destructive ways. That is to say, gun violence in all its forms has a social context, and that context is not something that “mental illness” can describe nor that mental health practitioners can be expected to address in isolation."

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

An 8 year old child at the school at the time of the shooting has died.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This subject is surprisingly spread out to research for several reasons, and honestly, I got too tired to go too deep into it, so I think you're going to have to show me where you're getting that, because that's not ringing true to me.

Other than the fact that the definition of "terrorism" usually morphs to fit whatever drum the writer is beating, making things very muddy, my suspicion is you're going to find that "most terrorists so far in the USA" are homegrown, NOT Muslim, and no more nutcase than in the usual population, nutcase simply being one of those convenient terms that allows dodging real analysis of the terrorist and the act IN CONTEXT of the culture.

And I'll post a link again to the latest (and totally under-reported) case of a foiled home-grown non-Muslim terrorism attempt:

3 militia group members arrested in alleged bomb plot targeting Somalis in Kansas
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...mb-plot-targeting-somalis-20161014-story.html

And just a little tidbit that shows just how not no-longer-relevant 1995 is, these guys apparently had McVeigh's exploit in mind while planning their attempt. Everything old is new again, right?

"The complaint said that Stein discussed the explosives used in the 1995 bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City by Timothy McVeigh."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/11410/complete-list-radical-islamic-terror-attacks-us-james-barrett

My point was that most muslim terrorist (shooters, mass killers) have been either American citizens or naturalized citizens and become radicalized by the internet or a mullah or prison etc.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby, Obama went to Congress and they said NO.. what more can be done.. he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Many republicans did NOT support him.. please read my pointers. there's another good article today in the times about how republicans would not back him. The American people did not want us the US involved in a middle east war.. he did what was counseled to him.. So what .. now we have quick draw mccheeto.. so now the russians have moved closer to our ships.. man up baby.. this is going to be a real scary time. republicans like republican wars - sadly.

Kate, do you think Obama was wrong when he tried to gain support for the air strikes? Or do you think he never really intended to intervene?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.30.18 AM.png :roll:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally not one for claiming false flags and all that shit, but this just seems too convenient.
One day everyone is talking about collusion between Russia and USA
Russia and USA deny it
Bomb a country, anger Russia
LOOK SEE WE WERENT FRIENDS GUYS

But really, anything the trump kids say needs a wheelbarrow of salt with it lol.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
The talking heads on MSNBC were spewing the same nonsense that this was all a ruse.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, I'm not saying it's a ruse. I fully believe that there were chemical weapons, people died, etc. I do not dispute that one bit. I'm just saying the timing of Trumps bombing, not waiting for approval, lets show them who's boss kind of attitude fits right in with their narrative. Perhaps that is why he didn't go to congress. And then Russias big display of anger and making it look like they were disowning the US over it and whatnot. So yeah.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
People were gassed with Sarin.. Probably one of Assad's worst.

The President had to act, and act fast. He did not need Congress's approval.

And of course the flip of it could be there was no Trump / Putin bromance to begin with.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate, do you think Obama was wrong when he tried to gain support for the air strikes? Or do you think he never really intended to intervene?

:) I think he wanted support. I think he would have intervened had the republicans been more supportive as you can see by the quotes that republicans say now versus what they said in 2013 it shows that republicans were just anti Obama.. I think he would have intervened or he wouldn't have gone and asked.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People were gassed with Sarin.. Probably one of Assad's worst.

The President had to act, and act fast. He did not need Congress's approval.

And of course the flip of it could be there was no Trump / Putin bromance to begin with.

there was a PUTIN hates Hillary thinks he can work with Trump bromance.. Trump I think had no clue about what he was getting into with the Russians and thought.. "Hey I"m a good guy, I make DEALS! and we can deal" I think Trump didn't have enough intel to really say that but he's a huge bigmouth. I remember when Obama was first elected and was called out about not ending the conflicts n the middle east. he said he was privy to more intel as president and sometimes what you say when running has to be rethought. I think this has happened to Trumpty Dumpty too, it took him a while to get there but he's shut up and is working on a real policy - I think.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The talking heads on MSNBC were spewing the same nonsense that this was all a ruse.

It COULD be a ruse. We don't know.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just kick every human race out of the U.S. expect us Chinese b/c we are all peaceful human beings...:dance:

no no not the Irish Americans.. we make great cops and drink a lotta beer! we only beat each other up. :mrgreen:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no no not the Irish Americans.. we make great cops and drink a lotta beer! we only beat each other up. :mrgreen:

Plus, who would do all the plumbing if it weren't for the Irish?!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Just read this interesting take on Spicer as Trump's spokesman, and I can't say I disagree. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.52.09 AM.png

https://newrepublic.com/article/141990/sean-spicer-perfectly-awful-spokesman-donald-trump-deserves
I don't disagree either. I don't know why anyone would take that job, and to me, he made his bed on day one with the whole inauguration size debacle. The gaslighting started immediately. As expected. No credibility after that moment, and it gets crazier each day with each daily WH press briefing. It really is must see tv. I agree that he gets himself into so many pickles because you simply can't defend the indefensible, you can't explain the unexplainable, the spin that this president and his administration require in general is mind bending. On top of it, I don't think he really has the temperament needed for the job, which is, under any circumstances, stressful and difficult.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
there was a PUTIN hates Hillary thinks he can work with Trump bromance.. Trump I think had no clue about what he was getting into with the Russians and thought.. "Hey I"m a good guy, I make DEALS! and we can deal" I think Trump didn't have enough intel to really say that but he's a huge bigmouth. I remember when Obama was first elected and was called out about not ending the conflicts n the middle east. he said he was privy to more intel as president and sometimes what you say when running has to be rethought. I think this has happened to Trumpty Dumpty too, it took him a while to get there but he's shut up and is working on a real policy - I think.

You mean similar to when Obama was duped when he thought he could believe anything coming out of Assad's mouth and did not verify that all the chemical weapons were indeed destroyed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results