shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump Assassinates Iranian General Without Congressional Approval

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I detect empathy or sympathy for these terrorists in your post?

To the extent that they were human beings who were targeted for assassination, yes, you do. I felt the same kind of empathy for the terrorists killed by the Israelis avenging the athletes killed at the Munich Olympics in 1972. The movie made about that showed the sadness wreaking that vengeance caused.

You equate this "general" with the likes of Colin Powell, Eisenhower, et al?

No. Where did you find those names in my postings? You are making things up out of whole cloth and asking me if I believe in them.

[/QUOTE]

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the extent that they were human beings who were targeted for assassination, yes, you do. I felt the same kind of empathy for the terrorists killed by the Israelis avenging the athletes killed at the Munich Olympics in 1972. The movie made about that showed the sadness wreaking that vengeance caused.

No. Where did you find those names in my postings? You are making things up out of whole cloth and asking me if I believe in them.

I am glad you can be empathetic toward terrorists. I cannot. Edit - not glad, not at all.

I did not make anything up. You discussed the job of generals is to use force and I named two. You said he's not some ISIS member but a leader of Iran. Your post said the US annihilates innocent civilians. It's admirals, generals, secretaries, and the POTUS who make those decisions. How does that not equate them?

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean the "fake impeachment" ? :lol:

Yep. At this point, it reminds me of that Dr. Seuss story about the Zaxes. Two of them refused to budge, so a bypass was built around them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Empathetic toward terrorists? I will never understand the far left wingers. :wall:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you can be empathetic toward terrorists. I cannot. Edit - not glad, not at all.

I did not make anything up. You discussed the job of generals is to use force and I named two. You said he's not some ISIS member but a leader of Iran. Your post said the US annihilates innocent civilians. It's admirals, generals, secretaries, and the POTUS who make those decisions. How does that not equate them?

I did not name the men you named. You cherry picked generals who would command the respect of almost every American and then asked if I thought that General Soleimani was their equal. I happen to hold President Eisenhower and Secretary Powell in very high esteem. There are American leaders; soldiers; and CIA directors who have directed and committed atrocities. Those men are, in my opinion, beneath contempt although they hold (or held) American citizenship.I do not wish to start naming them in this thread, although I could. I do not think it would be conducive to an uplifting discussion.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unlike Obama Trump will not appease the Iranians. Trump will not give them a couple of billion in cash so that they can support terrorists groups in the middle east and advance their nuclear program.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama appease? everything you write about politically makes me laugh out loud LOUDLY.

Unlike Obama Trump will not appease the Iranians. Trump will not give them a couple of billion in cash so that they can support terrorists groups in the middle east and advance their nuclear program.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obama appease? everything you write about politically makes me laugh out loud LOUDLY.
So are the Iranians thanks to Obama for shipping them 2 billion in cash.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From ABC news. Yep, let's start a war to detract from that pesky impeachment trial :rolleyes: Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 5.52.04 PM.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFLMAO ..... like I said DF you make me seriously laugh out loud. Wherever you went to high school did they teach you about 'critical thinking?' seriously, or how about 'research before replying?' ya know, when I programmed I was lazy at times, my husband told me (as he was a gREAT gOD of programming in his world, me a junior programmer at best compared to his breadth of knowledge).. HE SAID, you can NEVER test enough and he was right, totally right, one time I tested so many cases I was sure my program was a GO! well it failed... same thing with knowledge and critical thinking and scientific methodology, one has to think. Try it!

So are the Iranians thanks to Obama for shipping them 2 billion in cash.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how anyone supports this guy anymore.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how anyone supports this guy anymore.
They had been attacking U.S. interests in the middle east for the past 40 yrs. Maybe it is our turn to go on offense. No I don't mean a ground war.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

You can explain things to DF over and over and he still won't learn facts. The money that was sent to Iran was Iran's own money that we had held as a sanction against them. THEIR MONEY. It was given back.

I think we should all agree the Iranian General was a bad person for the US. I feel no sympathy for the man. But, we have to consider why two other Presidents decided against this action. Both R&D felt that the action would precipitate worse risks to the region and the world. At the moment we don't know the answer, as Tekate mentioned, we shall see.

An interesting question to me is the Iraq reponse. In a non-binding resolution the US has been asked to leave. oUR pRES HAS SAID HE WILL IMPOSE DRACONIAN SANCTIONS ON iRAQ IF THEY MAKE US LEAve. A Marine General wrote a letter saying we would be pulling our troops out. The Pentagon refuted that. Is Iraq no longer a free country? They can't get the US out?

I have sympathy and it goes to the Iraqi people. IMO we own them reparations for what we have done to their country, and we have the audacity to threaten severe sanctions if they make us leave.

Our troops are leaving and will no longer be after ISIS. Now they are being deployed to protect sites they think the Iraniaans may strike. Isis is going to the back burner.

Since this admin is full of liar, you can't believe anything they say. "Immenient attacks"?

Just my thought.

Annette

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now we are at war. That is what Trump caused with his assassination. It is like the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand at Sarajevo in 1914.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope not. Our allies are not our allies anymore Deb, this is on us the United States.

Now we are at war. That is what Trump caused with his assassination. It is like the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand at Sarajevo in 1914.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just like Obama, Clinton, and pretty much every other president attacked someone without congressional approval.

@Karl_K , as an immigrant, I may be missing some details. All I know is that any time someone mentions tighter gun laws, the Americans invoke the Constitution and the Founding Fathers. Hence, I would like to ask you, how constitutional is it for a President to attack someone without a congressional approval?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From ABC news. Yep, let's start a war to detract from that pesky impeachment trial :rolleyes: Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 5.52.04 PM.png

Can anyone explain to him that he did not face any impeachment previously, not with our Senate?

But now, having seriously escalated international tensions. causing the danger of a serious rift with our NATO members, and for sure increasing the risk of major terrorist attacks around the globe, he may be much closer to impeachment than before?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope, not yet. But I went to Reddit because many young people post there, and because FB is becoming uninteresting...I almost cried because so many of them were seriously afraid of the potential of WW3. I mean, don’t we, the older generation, owe them peace and normalcy?

@AGBF, you mentioned being a student in ME studies? I wanted to ask you...(having
thought that “divide et impera” was not such a bad policy).

How smart is it to attack a Shiite (minority) country in a Sunni-prevalent Middle East?

I see only one entity that directly benefits from it, but much as it is an our ally and a great country, our duty is, first and foremost, to our NATO partners, and they definitely don’t support our current adventure.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K , as an immigrant, I may be missing some details. All I know is that any time someone mentions tighter gun laws, the Americans invoke the Constitution and the Founding Fathers. Hence, I would like to ask you, how constitutional is it for a President to attack someone without a congressional approval?
This is my understanding of the situation.
It is legal under the war powers act and before that other laws.
Th constitution itself is not clear it just say congress has to declare war yet gives all authority over the military to the president.
The last declared war was ww2.
So throughout history various laws have set the rules and in spite of all the complaints the war powers act has not been taken to the supreme court or changed by congress since the last revision in 1974.
It is one of the areas where the constitution did not do a very good job of setting up a workable system.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can anyone explain to him that he did not face any impeachment previously, not with our Senate?

But now, having seriously escalated international tensions. causing the danger of a serious rift with our NATO members, and for sure increasing the risk of major terrorist attacks around the globe, he may be much closer to impeachment than before?

No, because he has a lot of support for doing it from the people.
Much more than the media would lead you to believe.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 9.08.20 AM.png

I appreciate the "friend of the court" (amicus curiae?) report, but this has been known to us for ages. How many mental health professionals here in the US stuck out their necks, being called unprofesional, from the earliest days of Trump's ridiculous administration, stating that Donald Trump was unstable and dangerous?

How many reporters and authors wrote about it?

It's documented. He is even impeached. The question is will the American experiment in democracy work? Will the people be able to remove this maniacal, dangerous, law-breaker from office?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia wrote:

"I see only one entity that directly benefits from it, but much as it is an our ally and a great country, our duty is, first and foremost, to our NATO partners, and they definitely don’t support our current adventure."

I do not think any country in the world would benefit from a war between the United States and Iran. Do you think Israel (I assume it was to Israel that you were referring above) would have liked Haifa to be wiped out if the United States had retaliated against its bombing raids?

I have family in Israel, and i assure you that Israel is not interested in starting a hot war with Iran. If it were, Israel would be quite capable of precipitating such a war on its own terms and in its own time; it would not need the clumsy bungling of Donald Trump to start the war when they were not planning for one. (I will not say when they were unprepared, because they are always prepared.)

I was scared to death the night that the missiles were flying were flying. I have a huge respect for Iran's military capability. I remember the Iran-Iraq War vividly. I had no doubt that Iran could hit Dubai and Haifa. I was totally unsure that any of Israel's ant-missile system would work and I knew that Israel would not want to use a nuclear weapon. Unless Israel did use a nuclear weapon how could such a tiny nation stand up to a huge nation like Iran? Do people understand how huge Iran is? How good its army is?

I am just ranting. But between Iran's naval advantages in places like The Straits of Hormuz and its land army, the idea of war with it scares me silly.

I do not want another huge war like World War I (or II) with millions dying over millions of square miles.I really thought Trump had brought us there...and without a word to Congress! (Unlike Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Delano Roosevelt)

Edited to add: I also hate the ideology of Saudi Arabia. Iran conter-balances Saudi Arabia in the Middle East. Neither is a "good actor", but without the two of them, I am afraid matters might be worse. Trump fawns all over Saudi Arabia and its murderous thugs. I would like to see Congress stop that.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Obama get congressional approval for killing OBL? . Only the left wing media and the never Trumpers would mourn for a killing a terrorist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results