shape
carat
color
clarity

TRR kept my Tiffany pouch

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I sent my Tiffany Peretti teadrop to TRR, in a plastic pouch with anti-tarnish, in a cloth pouch and the blue Tiffany folded underneath. I included a note saying Sorry the pouch is so faded and sad but I had to wash it. (Truly, it looked nasty.) Just got it back from them. They just threw everything in a box, the pendant was rolling around loose and THEY KEPT MY TIFFANY POUCH. I'm so angry I can hardly speak.
My mother and I got identical teardrop pendants in the 1970s and they weren't stamping them then. I don't have the blue boxes and certainly not the receipts. If they couldn't authenticate them, so what. But don't steal from me. Faded as it was, you could read Tiffany on the pouch.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry that they treated your items so poorly. What was their response when you told them the pouch was missing? Hoping they try to make this right for you.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
kzigo, thank you for responding. They said they'd look into it, will take a few days. I LM 2X with Carli Belongie, their rep who hounded me into sending it to them. No response.
The pouch was very faded because I washed it in Dawn, it was stained and I wasn't sending anything that nasty to anyone. But you could still read Tiffany on it, which is provenance, why I sent it. Undoubtedly why they kept it. Feels like every week someone has their hand in my pocket.

I'm living for when lovedogs gets her Octavia. Some happy news out there.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
kzigo, thank you for responding. They said they'd look into it, will take a few days. I LM 2X with Carli Belongie, their rep who hounded me into sending it to them. No response.
The pouch was very faded because I washed it in Dawn, it was stained and I wasn't sending anything that nasty to anyone. But you could still read Tiffany on it, which is provenance, why I sent it. Undoubtedly why they kept it. Feels like every week someone has their hand in my pocket.

I'm living for when lovedogs gets her Octavia. Some happy news out there.

ive been thinking about you too
ive never even seen a Tiffiny's piece but i know how you all treasure the packaging

it should have come back to you in a new pouch

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have any Tiffany retail purchase history you can most likely just walk into your closest store (or call the online store), explain that you lost your pouch, and ask for a replacement, and if they have any spares they’ll give you one. I know it’s not yours, but it’s the brand’s packaging at least?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
yssie, that's a very good idea and I thank you but I have no buying history. Sometime in the mid 70s my mother and I opened Vogue magazine and called Tiffany in New York. I can't imagine they have a record of the two pendants purchase.

yssie, that's a very good idea and I thank you but I have no buying history. Sometime in the mid 70s my mother and I opened Vogue magazine and called Tiffany in New York. I can't imagine they have a record of the two pendants purchase.

In my experience (with Bulgari though, not Tiffany), if you take the actual pendant in with you to Tiffany and ask them for a pouch, they’ll give it to you. They just want to verify you actually have an item that’s theirs.

With Bulgari I had one of their metal bracelets (that isn’t even classified as jewelry, I believe they call them “accessories” since they are just metal, leather etc). that id received as a gift, and the person who gave it to me didn’t give me any box, papers nothing (they had also received it as a gift, clasped around a teddy bear lol from an ex boyfriend who didn’t realise that boxes and all have value). Anyway the clasp stopped working properly so I stopped in at a Bulgari store to have it seen to, and requested that they give me a pouch or box if possible. I went back to pick it up a few days later and they’d given it a polish, and stuck it in a box for me. I thought that was nice. The SA is the one who told me that usually they just want to verify that someone has a piece of theirs before giving them the box for it.

For such an old piece, you may be out of luck, but it’s worth a try. You don’t have to hand it over to them.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I think if you take your item to a Tiffany store for a cleaning, they will return it with a new pouch

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results