shape
carat
color
clarity

Trouble with BillBarnes.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

domdom

Rough_Rock
I ordered a Tacori setting from Billbarnes on Jan 24th and they told me 4-6 weeks as the wait time for the order to arrive. They then provided me with March 8th as the estimated ship date (that would be 6 weeks). It''s now March 14th and they just told me that it maybe another 7-10 days, on top of the 6 days its already been delayed.

I had hoped to propose on my gf''s birthday, around the last week of March, but it looks like all my preparations have been for nothing as Billbarnes has busted up my timeline. I thought i had set it up perfectly given that i would have 3-5 more weeks depending on where they landed on their 4-6 week estimate. I didn''t realize it would take 8 weeks instead -- or potentially more. The worst part of it is that when I call and explain my situation, they don''t really do anything but shrug and essentially imply that I am just out of luck.

Anyways, if anybody has any ideas on how I can spur them along, that would be much appreciated. Very frustrating.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Did they give you a reason? You must be livid!
If I were you, the next time you talk to someone I would ask for their supervisor. Don't be rude, but ask them what the hold-up is...and voice your concern with how they don't seem to care about your proposal plans that THEY ruined. They SHOULD. They are in the business of selling what is one of the most important purchases in someones life. They should NOT be nonchalant about it, especially when it is their goof!! I would also ask them to overnight it to you on THEIR dime.
29.gif

Heh...don't let ME call.

3.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Yes, absolutely speak to the highest person in charge possible. That''s terrible, I hope they get in gear so your plans can go on. So sorry for your aggrevation.

domdom

Rough_Rock
To add insult to injury -- they had me pay in two installments for the ring, one when I initiated the order and another one when the ring was "finished" -- they collected the secong payment almost two weeks ago from my credit card, even though the ring was not finished.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 9:09:05 PM
Author: domdom
To add insult to injury -- they had me pay in two installments for the ring, one when I initiated the order and another one when the ring was ''finished'' -- they collected the secong payment almost two weeks ago from my credit card, even though the ring was not finished.
In that case, tell them to produce the ring pronto or you''re going to dispute the charges with the CC company.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 6:29:30 AM
Author: Ellen
In that case, tell them to produce the ring pronto or you''re going to dispute the charges with the CC company.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What Ellen said!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 6:29:30 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 3/14/2007 9:09:05 PM

To add insult to injury -- they had me pay in two installments for the ring, one when I initiated the order and another one when the ring was ''finished'' -- they collected the secong payment almost two weeks ago from my credit card, even though the ring was not finished.

oh I agree. this is when paying with a CC works to the consumer''s advantage. I would do exactly that and if they don''t come up with your ring..follow through and dispute the charges. CC companies are very good about things like this so I''ve heard..good luck.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi domdom and WELCOME to Pricescope!
35.gif

Sorry to hear you having this problem with Bill Barnes. Well, misery loves company, so I''ll tell you that I had timing problems with them too.

I had ordered a Hidalgo ring set for my mother for Christmas two years ago. The first thing I asked was if delivery by Christmas was possible - they assured me it was. I think we were about 4-5 weeks out. As the holiday drew closer, no ring set appeared. When I called to find out the status, I was told that the original representative was wrong and should never have told me the ring could be ready for Christmas. I wound up not receiving the ring until almost the end of January!
38.gif

Of course I spoke to a supervisor and tried to be understanding and nice about it, but it didn''t help to get the ring set to me any faster. They blamed the manufacturer.

If I were you, I would try to not get too upset. This is your engagement we are talking about, so the less negative energy, the better. You can try to speak to a supervisor, explain your proposal plans, and see if anything can be done. If not, move on to Plan B for the proposal. For your GF''s birthday, see if Bill Barnes will give you a big discount on a necklace or something, so their delay isn''t costing you another full-price gift!

domdom

Rough_Rock
The setting is now almost two weeks late past the high-end of their estimate. They said 4-6 weeks, it is now almost 8 weeks. They''ve also stopped returning my calls. I''ve called them everyday and all of a sudden, people are not at their desk for the last 4-5 days or so and have not returned my calls.

What terrible service.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi domdom, i feel for you! taking the second payment when you are left waiting was adding insult to injury. i would consider the advise you got about alerting your cc company.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:38:14 PM
The setting is now almost two weeks late past the high-end of their estimate. They said 4-6 weeks, it is now almost 8 weeks. They''ve also stopped returning my calls. I''ve called them everyday and all of a sudden, people are not at their desk for the last 4-5 days or so and have not returned my calls.

What terrible service.
dom, I''m sorry you''re having to continue to endure poor service, but I have to ask, why are you?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That really sucks. I''d demand to speak to a manager.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2007 3:44:22 PM
Author: Kaleigh
That really sucks. I''d demand to speak to a manager.
And tell them you''ll just call Tacori yourself if no one there can speak with you to tell you what the problem is!

domdom

Rough_Rock
I already demanded to speak to a manager. They''ve said multiple times that they will call. Not sure what choice I have at this point, since getting anything else would take a much longer time and getting the money back from them would take even longer.

I guess I just have never been confronted with service bordering this bad, that I''m not exactly sure what to do.

Another insult to injury. Got my credit card statement this morning and there was a charge for $21 from Billbarnes on 3/10 when I asked them to switch me to overnight delivery. Ha ha ha. They actually charged me for delivery 10 days ago.

I''m starting to think that maybe Bill Barnes is a fraudulent institution?

domdom

Rough_Rock
The flip side is, I got my diamond from WhiteFlash which was a tremendous experience and the diamond arrived the next day after I said yes to it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
And I''m guessing Bill Barnes has your diamond? Okay, I''m never ordering from them! Thanks for the warning, although I''m sorry you have had such a bad experience. I''d keep calling. I''d also take that ring straight to an appraiser and make sure it''s YOUR center diamond. What a bunch of baloney!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:38:14 PM

What terrible service.
At this point, I think I woud go in to the store and start making a fuss. It is getting to the brink where you should get your ring or your money back!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I agree with diamondseeker...you should call tacori. I think they would be very interested in how billbarnes are treating customers looking to buy Tacori''s products. It doesn''t only look bad for billbarnes, in a way it rubs off on Tacori and the other companies that have merchandise being sold through billbarnes.

I still can''t believe this hasn''t been resolved and how they are treating you. I will never shop from them either. And you can atleast rest assured that for as long as this board is running, and as long as people come here searching for info on billbarnes.com your story will be here.

Please keep us posted!!

domdom

Rough_Rock
Just checked the website and it says the ring is scheduled for delivery today, yay! let''s see if it gets here....3/23 -- a little bit over 2 months....

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope you receive it...but...considering the price of most tacori settings etc. I would have instantly cancelled and disputed the charge. I would have cancelled my order. I than would have purchased one of the rings Leon Mege has in his for sale section.

However, thats just me.

domdom

Rough_Rock
Got it on Friday -- too bad the GF''s b-day was on Thursday....and then I got this:

Thank you for choosing BillBarnes.com!

I have been tracking your order and found that you recently received it. How exciting!

I just want to say that I truly hope that you have enjoyed your experience with BillBarnes.com. We want you to be completely delighted with your purchase and your shopping experience with us.

Please don''t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, I''m happy to be of help!

If you would like to fill out a testimonial about your shopping experience with BillBarnes.com, click on the link below. I think that the testimonial section of our site helps people feel more comfortable buying from us, as well as, buying online.

http://www.billbarnes.com/testimonials.asp

Ha ha haha

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi DomDom. I''m glad the piece finally arrived! Ugh - what a bummer experience. I hope you fill out the testimonial and reply to the person who sent that message. They really need to know what happened. I hope, given the chance, that they would make it up to you. In my case, they sent me a $50 gift certificate.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good to hear you received your ring. i am sure you are relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results