shape
carat
color
clarity

Trip to NYC Diamond District

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
I'm currently in NYC for work. One of my client's office just happened to be a few blocks away from the diamond district so I took a stroll to visit the infamous ID Jewelry and pick up a set of jackets for my .90 martini studs! :bigsmile: I had been eyeing them for months since I saw a few ladies with them on pricescope... so thank you all for the inspiration!!!

Unfortunately they did not have any in stock so I was only allowed to place the order and they will be shipped to me in Chicago shortly. Oh the wait...! :Up_to_something:

A very nice woman named Monique helped me. She was incredibly nice and helpful!! She even cleaned my engagement ring for free and gave me a present :bigsmile: (jewelry cleaner to keep my sparkly... well... sparkly!). I'm so glad I got a chance to stop by.

Well while I was there I decided to try on a few different eternity bands and I thought I'd share pics! I'll be looking to purchase my wedding band in a few months so I'm trying to figure out what I like. I previously thought a .08 pointer band would suffice... but after stopping by IDJ... now I want .20 pointer :shock:

My ring size is 7.75 and the eternity bands were not my size... but thought I'd share regardless should anyone else find this helpful!

Note: My engagement ring setting is being shipped to BGD to change the setting to the Brian Gavin Tiffany Knife Edge (modification of 2.5mm width on top to 3mm instead... tapering to about 2.1mm or so) in the next few days. I will post those pics when it's returned to me, too.

Enjoy!

25_pointers.png

20_pointers.png

20_pointers_again.png

12_pointers.png

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Two more pics!

yay_.png

12_pointers_again.png

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
How fun! I can't say I see a real difference between the 25 and 20 pointers but not sure if that's just the computer screen playing tricks on my eyes. The 25 pointers may be hanging off your finger just slightly but not sure also if that's just because the ring was not your size. Definitely love the look of the 20 pointers or whatever "look" you stated that you wanted to go for!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love playing in their jewelry cases! Glad you had fun! I have a .12 pt half eternity ring and love it as a band so that's what my preference is (and I'm a size 7.75-8 as well) but the 20 pts sure look pretty snappy on you too!!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
@ PandaBee: I really hope I didn't mix up that photo of the .25 with the .20... I was having issues sorting them out after I took them but I was nearly 99% sure I uploaded them with the correct title. :halo:

@ Enerchi: Thank you! It was definitely a lot of fun. I wish my fiance was with me to show him in person... but I'm hoping the pics will do for now. I didn't realize you had a .12 pt half eternity! I will go gawk your previous threads now. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. IDJ made me a u prong w 8 x .12 pt stones in 18 k WG. I love it! So comfortable and easy to wear and their FG stones are great performers...I get a ton of fire from them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh so much fun! When I was in NYC last it was on a Saturday so IDJ was closed and I was so bummed I couldn't play in their diamond cases!
Glad you had a wonderful time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think all the diamond bands look pretty, but the conventional thought here is that the large stones make the e-ring stone look smaller and the smaller diamond bands make the e-ring stone stand out and look larger. So my preference is the 12 pointers so that your e-ring is allowed to be the star. The 20 pointer band is pretty, though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
FUN!! My preference is for the 12 pointers too. Nice proportion to your center stone. :))

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Dani|1369229194|3451775 said:
FUN!! My preference is for the 12 pointers too. Nice proportion to your center stone. :))

Agreed! The rings really compliment each other :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bigger stones, but that's just me :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What fun!

I also like the twelve pointers best too. Why not that for the band and an eternity of thirty pointers for a RHR? It would look amazing with your set! :naughty:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
My favourite combination, beautiful - my choice is the 12 pointers allowing your Engagement ring to be centre stage. Did you mention what size your er is? :wavey:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your feedback! I agree the 12 pointers looks more proportionate.. but I think the reason I love the 20 pointers is because it doesn't blend in as much with the ring and helps the band and ring look like two separate pieces. Regardless, I think I will need another session of trying these on (and bringing the fiancee along) prior to making any purchases.

Alas... my ring was shipped off to BGD yesterday to be reset in a their tiffany style knife edge band. And I miss it sooooo much ;( My finger feels naked and I keep looking down and thinking "WHERE'S MY RING!" then I remember I shipped it off. This is going to be the longest two weeks ever until I get it back!! :(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results