shape
carat
color
clarity

trip to NY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anth

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,
I'll be in the city next week to look for an engagement ring.
Which shops do you recomend, and which ones do I avoid?
So far I've contacted ;Golda Jewelry" and "Larry's Fine Jewelry"
Any comments/input will be much appreciated.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Anth,How about a trip to Long Island instead? From Diamond Lover's post on your other thread:
-------------------------------------------
anth...
I'm practically your neighbor in Huntington on Long Island. Have you looked around much at the different cut qualities available in diamonds? There's a lot of difference in the visual beauty between stones depending on their cut, which I was not aware of when I started my search earlier this year. There is a great store here on the Island where the owner takes you through a detailed tutorial about all the qualities of a diamond and then shows you all the different stones for you to compare. He also has a web site which gives you a great education with tons of images, if you wanted to check it out before deciding to visit..www.goodoldgold.com. I can highly recommend Jonathan's honesty, prices and level of service. Just a suggestion from a fellow LIer who's "been there".DL
--------------------------------------------Why not give Jonathan a call and check him out. He will give you the tools to make an informed decision and carries every kind of cut from average make to ideal to superideal branded stones.Unfortunately, the experience of many has led them to stay away from the city.Good luck and keep us posted,lawmax
smile.gif

Diamond Lover

Rough_Rock
Anth...I can't recommend a place in NYC, but Good Old Gold on Long Island is wonderful and many people have been referred there and are very pleased. Please see my answer to you under your thread "Diamond Cutters" here.Personally, I have yet to find a jeweler in NYC with low prices that I can trust or that has been given a good referral. That doesn't mean they don't exist certainly. However, I do know for a fact that many many people have been extremely happy with Jonathan at Good Old Gold.Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.
smile.gif
Diamond Lover

Diamond Lover

Rough_Rock
You beat me to it, Lawmax!
smile.gif
DLAnth...Just another note. Unless you are *very* educated in diamond buying, you should avoid the diamond "exchanges" in the city. I am currently suing one of the shops there for fraud over a previous purchase. However, even after you've become educated,and know what you're looking for, you will find that it's hard to find a really good price on the high quality diamonds.DL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results