shape
carat
color
clarity

Trip to Graff, Kwiat, and Leviev

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Since I just could not decide what shape I wanted for my upgrade, we went to Graff, Leviev, and Kwiat to try on some rings.

What I learned is that as much as I love Asschers and Cushions, I just love the sparkly brilliant cut on my fingers in person. I also realized that I love halos on other people, but it is just not my style.

So now I am deciding between:

1. 3.5 carat to 4 carat RB solitaire

2. 4 carat Princess w/ trillions

3. 4 carat Radiant w/ trillions

Here's a 4 carat RB from Graff. I would love a 4 carat, but a 3.5 carat is almost the same size and at least $20k less....

ps_graff4ctround.jpg

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Here's a 2.8 carat Princess from Kwiat. I would get a 4 carat and hope that with the trillions it would cover my finger. Would it? Also, the salesperson said I could go down to color H / SI 1. Would that face up pretty white? Definitely no I color for princess, correct?

ps_2.8ct_princess.jpg

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Here's a 5 carat radiant from Leviev. Too big!! But I would do a 4 carat. The salesperson said the rectangular shape makes this look bigger than princess shape. We actually loved this ring in person, even though it looks kind of grotesque in the picture. What is the lowest color/clarity I can do in a radiant? H/SI 1?

ps_5ct_radiant.jpg

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Here is a 2+ carat oval with halos. It's lovely and so spready so we could save some money, but too bad I don't think it's my style.

ps_kwiat_2ct_oval.jpg

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Here's a 3.5 carat RB from Kwiat with baguettes. Am I crazy for thinking that the 4 carat looks so much better than 3.5 carat?

kwiat_3.5ct_round_bags.jpg

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
So anyway, please tell me which you prefer of the three options!

And also, those of you who have reset your RB into a three stone ring, is it because the solitaire setting was a little too simple for you after awhile?

Thank you for any help!!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Funny, I thought the oval halo looked far and away the best on your hand. Clean and classy :)

Dont take this the wrong way, but...Because your fingers are long and skinny, when you have a 4+ ct on them it looks almost too much- like a cocktail ring :cheeky:
Of the others you posted besides the oval halo that you dont like, I think the 4ct RB from Graff looked the best on you. Good luck in finding your perfect ring/stone !

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the 4ct RB.

I also have a 3-stone ring. In fact, I've had many reincarnations of the 3-stone ring. The purpose is to increase finger coverage without having to spend a lot more $$$! :tongue:

I also love the simple understated elegance of a RB solitaire.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I vote 3.5ct RB! Looks great!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you currently have and love an RB Id get another larger RB. BUT if you love the other shape more, or don't want two RBs, I'd get a cushion. Just know that they don't face up as big.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
my vote is for the 3.5 carat RB...although that wasn't my favorite setting. What setting would you get?

ETA what about something like this...square cushion shape but same optics/sparkle of the RB
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7900/

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I like the style of the first one the most on your hand, followed closely by the oval. Would you be interested in an oval with no halo and perhaps some half moons?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Graff setting the best - and I totally think a 3.5 ct. RB is just right. Your fingers are long and slender and that size rock on your hand looks huge!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 3.5 followed by the oval too.

I don't know if you like the setting it's in but there are a ton of really lovely designs that you can get for a stone that size. I really wouldn't halo it though.

ETA: Nope I like the four carat. Never mind. I like the setting style and the ring on you .

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous hands--you could wear anything! I adore the rounds and solitaires. 3.5 would be perfect. Ovals are yummy also if you can find one with no bow tie.

Thing is, I have a squareish radiant with trap sides and I prefer that shape to the rectangular one you tried on. Too bad you didn't get to try on other shapes of radiants--they can be wonderful! Radiants hold there body color so depending on your color sensitivity and which lab certified it--I might not go below an H or I.

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.5 ct if the price is right! I'm upgrading myself to a 3 ct so I'm interested in seeing how it looks on your hand!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the 3.5 RB except in a different setting, I really liked the oval on you as well. What I wouldn't have given to have been ring shopping with you! :lickout: :love: :lickout:

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Argh.......I'm so so sorry!!! I am sure I'm frustrating you guys....But I went into Cartier on a lurk today and fell in love with the precise style I thought I did not like at all. Cushion with halo!! Someone shoot me before I change shapes again!! This is a 3.10 carat cushion/G/VS2.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the Harry Winston halo and the Cartier halo? I just fell in love with this ring!!! :love: So now I have to go back to HW tomorrow I guess to try their cushions. I only tried their RB's before.

cartier_3ct_cushion.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cushions wins, hands down! After that, I prefer the 3.5 RB...what a great dilemma to have!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Love the cushion on you, it looks gorgeous :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
by far I prefer the cushion. I also like the idea of oval with half moon sides, but they are all very different looks:) which do you like?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like the 4ct and the princess. The halo is pretty as well.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the cushion!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Cartier cushion, the 4 carat RB from Graff and the Leviev radiant best.
I wouldn't go below a G color in any shape.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
The cushion - hands down (or up) :)

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The Oval with halo was stunning on your hand!!!!!! I'd choose that one for you.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I actually really like the elongated shapes with the halos on you - you have the long, slender fingers to carry that look off! So by my lights, the cushion and the oval are light-years ahead of the rest of the pack.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results