shape
carat
color
clarity

Trillion setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
I recently acquired this garnet trillion from Rick Martin''s site and LOVE it. I''d never previously thought I''d go for a trillion cut but the color was perfect. Now I''m faced with the difficulty of finding a trillion setting for it!

I tried to take some glam shots of it when it arrived; please bear with my newbie photo skills:

garnet4.jpg

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Requisite PS handshot:

garnhand2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking of a ring or pendant setting? Something with diamond accents or plain decorative metal?

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Here it is in natural light by my dining room window. I''m still not sure if I want to do a ring or a pendant for it; I think I''d prefer a ring but I''m having a very hard time finding trillion ring settings that I like. I''d like a simple, elegant, classic design but a lot of the trillion ring mountings I''m seeing are more modern and kind of gaudy looking. I found this white gold setting that I do like the look of, but I don''t know if the vendor is reputable or not. Any help you experts could provide me would be much appreciated!

garnnatlight.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a pretty sweet setting. I’ve seen some Ann Harrington settings that look a lot like ones offered by Stuller. I have not bought anything from AN though. Are you set on white gold? I think yellow will look better because the stone is dark (too much contrast) but if you really like white, then white it is.
2.gif

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
I agree with you on the yellow gold; I would prefer a yellow gold setting for it, but that particular setting only comes in white gold and the other yellow gold settings I''ve found I do not like at all.
7.gif
Gold is also expensive at the moment so I''m pondering getting a simple sterling setting for now and re-setting it in yellow gold when the price comes down.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you''d like something like THIS but in yellow (or at least with yg prongs, due to budget reasons). It''s quite simple and classic, and prongs would also be good for this stone cause it''s tone is quite dark. And if you check out THIS page, there are some nice settings for a trillion, all of which are quite classic (except maybe that last one at the bottom).

rustyshrapnel

Rough_Rock
Oh yes! I like most of those very much. Also the stone isn''t as dark as the photos imply; dark gray winter Cleveland mornings do not make for good lighting. It actually returns a lot of internal flash and is quite sparkly and pretty in RL. I wish I could photo it better to do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results