shape
carat
color
clarity

Trillion cut spessartite... your opinions, please!

Luke76

Rough_Rock
Dear friends,
I have recently purchased a spessartite. It is 1.1 carat, from Namibia. Fancy trillion cut (7.9 x 5.3 x 3.8mm)
To my examination (and also according to the vendor), the gem is eye clean. Under the loupe, I see few needles-like inclusions in one corner.
The color is a rich medium-dark orange, with hints of red, with strong saturation. Really sparkling, both under direct sunlight and in dim light.
I would like to have it mounted in a gold pendant for my wife on Saint Valentine's day. I am planning to use 3 little diamonds (0.01 ct x 3, G color, VVS, I have bought them some times ago), as accent stones.
I am so pleased by this stone that I am afraid not to be enough objective in evaluation it.
Thus, I would be grateful if you might give me your opinions on this stone!
Here some pics taken under different conditions of light
20160107_130438.jpg
20160107_102838_3.jpg
20160107_093258.jpg

Thank you all!!!! :angel:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm definitely not a spess expert, but I'll provide my two cents for whatever it's worth. I'm not sure of your budget either. It seems a bit dark to my eyes, so I'd personally want something brighter. That said, here are two others that I'd probably prefer:

2.35ct
8mm
$350
https://www.etsy.com/listing/221005563/235ct-bright-orange-garnet-trillion?ref=shop_home_active_3

1.57ct
6.57 x 6.45 x 4.63mm
$408 (she might have some wiggle room)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/250385244/sale-157-carat-super-neon-mandarin?ref=shop_home_active_19

However, what really matters is what you think. :) I can't wait to see the final piece as it sounds lovely!

Luke76

Rough_Rock
Thank you SparkliesLuver,
I know that the bright and pure orange (so-called "mandarin garnets") ones are the most valuable and sought after...
The gems you suggested are very very nice. However, the deeper hues of my spess seem to me very actractive too
:angel:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might need a custom mount since it isn't a standard trilliant dimension. Colour on the hand looks fine; may not be ideal but you like it and I presume the price is reasonable?

Luke76

Rough_Rock
@Chrono: you're right! The price was reasonable...
I will need a custom designed pendant...

S

SparkliesLuver

Luke76 said:
Thank you SparkliesLuver,
I know that the bright and pure orange (so-called "mandarin garnets") ones are the most valuable and sought after...
The gems you suggested are very very nice. However, the deeper hues of my spess seem to me very actractive too

As long as you love it, Luke, that's all that really matters. :) Sounds like you're ready to proceed!

Luke76

Rough_Rock
@SparkliesLuver: thank you for your considerations.
However, the camera does not give enough justice to my sparkling spess...
In realty, it is more orange... a deep orange, anyhow.
I try again
spess_4.jpg

I hope it will be happy in a custom-designed pendant...
I will keep you updated :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

It looks lovely, Luke. I'm sure it'll be very happy in your soon-to-be-pendant design. Can't wait to see it! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results