shape
carat
color
clarity

Trillion Cut Diamond specs/info/opinions??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RedTag

Rough_Rock
My future fiance has indicated that she prefers to have a +- 1 carat trillion solitare diamond for her engagement ring. I can't seem to find any information on what constitutes an ideal cut for a trillion. Does anyone know? I would also appreciate any other general information or opinions any one might have. Are there any web sites that specialize in trillions or at least have a wide selection?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi RedTag,I like no ordinary trillion shape too. Although like for all fancies there is no ideal proportions for it. That means you have to personally view and compare them. Some triangle shapes are brand named http://www.trillion-diamonds.com There is a difference between triangle diamonds and trillion diamonds. Triangles are straight sided while trillion's edge is bowed.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
In my opinion, you should look at trielle.com. They are a good company and when I was a diamond retailer I found that their information was quite helpful. I myself bought my wife a 1+ carat trillion diamond. Also, I like to look for trillion cut diamonds that are more of a rounded triangle than a straight edged triangle shape. This gives a more pleasing appearance. Also, look at the diamond for a bow tie effect. The lesser the effect the better. Color is more important than clarity. You would be better off with an H in color or higher and an SI2 in clarity or higher.
I hope this information helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results