shape
carat
color
clarity

tried on a mark morrell ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Last night I had the privilege of trying on a Mark Morrell ring. He designs for a local jewelry store in Massachusetts and I fell in love with the heartthrob platinum ring on this link. The diamond on the link is at least 2 carats though!
http://www.mwmjewelry.com/Leo-cp-a-sm.jpg
It looks absolutely stunning with the wedding band that goes w/ it as well. Soooo fluidy and classy!! I think it''s a fairly good deal too -- $7300 for a 1.14 H SI 1 Ideal cut EGL. The price includes the setting. I forget the dimensions, etc. because we looked at a ton of loose diamonds. This one was already set and under a loupe and w/ our limited experience, it seemed very clean. It''s a little over the budget, but what''s $2,000 over the course of a lifetime, right!? Mark is truly a gifted designer. After seeing the ring and trying it on in person, I can see why everyone on this forum raves about him. Thanks to all of you for pointing us in the right direction!

chas

Rough_Rock
Hi antiquediamond,

I am glad that you got to try on something of Mark's! You are so right, Mark is truly a gifted designer. His designs are absolutely elegant and classy. Such attention to detail. He made my first setting for my Superbcert several months ago, and now he is making one for my Eightstar.

I hope that you to will have an original Mark Morrell very soon and that you enjoy it so! You cannot go wrong with Mark! He is the best!!!!
appl.gif

Chas

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Chas - Your testimony to Mark on this forum was one the reasons we sought him out. I hope to be wearing it soon as well. But it's now out of my hands (literally and figuratively!) What do you think of the price?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you got to try on a Mark Morrell piece. I too have the privledge of owning one and I cannot say enough good things about him. The entire process was a breeze and Mark was excellent to work with. And the ring we ended up with is simply amazing. We could not be more pleased!

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Jax - I've seen your ring and I love it. Did you go and see Mark in person? I'm curious because I'm wondering how long it took for him to make the ring. The only thing I'd like to change would be to make it four prongs. I love the way it is now, but I have always envisioned 4 not 6 prongs. The price is already above what we anticipated so I really don't want to wait til the end of August (when he returns from vacation) to find out it will be more $$$. The setting now, w/ a 1.4 center stone, is fine with six prongs because the diamond is a lot bigger than I anticipated
love.gif
I'm also wondering if you, or others, know if this is a good deal ($7,300), or if we could do better going through Mark Morrell himself. Thanks!!

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Oops, I meant 1.14!! Athough 1.4 would work nicely as well. I can't help noticing that when I first posted on this forum about a month ago, we were looking in the .75 range. Poor guy better propose soon!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if MM sells stones--I though the only sold settings directly, hence it may be better to work through the retailer and get both?

chas

Rough_Rock
Hi antiquediamond,

Mark only manufactures settings. He does not sell stones.

Chas

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, I live too far to go see Mark in person. We did it all over email. He was excellent. He responded within 24 hours every time. The whole process took about a month. But he only had to do one CAD drawing because I knew what I wanted. Might take longer if you need him to try a few times to get your ring exactly how you want it.

I would email him and ask for a quote for the ring you like and then see if you can find a similar diamond for less on line from one of the Pricescope dealers. Shop aroung. Mark is really nice and would gladly give you a quote and might even be able to give you a time frame.

Best of luck!

----------------
On 7/28/2003 11:57:55 AM antiquediamond wrote:

Jax - I've seen your ring and I love it. Did you go and see Mark in person? I'm curious because I'm wondering how long it took for him to make the ring. The only thing I'd like to change would be to make it four prongs. I love the way it is now, but I have always envisioned 4 not 6 prongs. The price is already above what we anticipated so I really don't want to wait til the end of August (when he returns from vacation) to find out it will be more $$$. The setting now, w/ a 1.4 center stone, is fine with six prongs because the diamond is a lot bigger than I anticipated
love.gif
I'm also wondering if you, or others, know if this is a good deal ($7,300), or if we could do better going through Mark Morrell himself. Thanks!!
----------------

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen. Just perfect.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results