shape
carat
color
clarity

Trick for making your diamond sparkle more

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys and gals,

Haven''t been on here for a while but just thought I''d share a trick I''ve discovered (maybe you already know it being diamond nerds like me) but to keep your diamond ring cleaner it makes a big big difference if you shower using a loofah and shower gel rather than a cake of soap and also have liquid soap at your handbasin. I hardly ever have to clean my solitaire since I''ve been doing that

Cheers
Groovy Chick from NZ :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never use normal soap since I got obsessed with germs lol!! Its good to know that my ring won''t get all gunked up when I eventually get it!!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2007 5:57:17 AM
Author:Groovy Chick
Hey guys and gals,

Haven''t been on here for a while but just thought I''d share a trick I''ve discovered (maybe you already know it being diamond nerds like me) but to keep your diamond ring cleaner it makes a big big difference if you shower using a loofah and shower gel rather than a cake of soap and also have liquid soap at your handbasin. I hardly ever have to clean my solitaire since I''ve been doing that

Cheers
Groovy Chick from NZ :)
Glad that works well for you, but just be careful that the diamond or ring doesn''t ever fall down the drain!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t wear any jewelry in the shower. I take my rings off whenever I know I''ll be doing anything involving soap, dirt or goop.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
a lot of people don''t realize that bar soap is made of beef fat and sodium hydroxide. so Bar Soap is the sodium salt of a fatty acid. when it is used and mixes with dirt, grease, mineral deposits in your water, it makes soap scum residue on the bathtub and on your ring.

Liquid "soap", is not soap at all. It is detergent. made from fossil fuel (mineral oil?) and sodium sulfates. Detergent is the sulfate salt of a fossil fuel. So detergent, which is so good at "taking the grease away", does not attract minerals either. no soap scum.

i use whatever cleaning stuff is available. When washing my hands, I take my rings off at home, but never in a public restroom where they may be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results