shape
carat
color
clarity

Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bezet is a specific line by Tiffany: bezel is what you call the setting style where metal is bent evenly around the circumference of a stone. Bezel, bezel, BEZEL!

An upside-down stone is not a rose-cut, dude.

This post brought to you by one stupid listing too many.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Trend Vent - Current Jewelry Things You Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hmm, the bezet really does look strange on the round, princess, and the pear, but I actually like it with a heart shaped stone! Not for an engagement ring, but I would like it as a RHR. I also have a thing for cocktail/costume jewelry with hearts so I'm a little biased.

Oh and the rose cut diamond does look silly....... but I can't help but think that a rose cut black diamond cocktail ring could be cool.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock

I hope I don't hurt any feeling feelings by saying this, but the Kay jewelers Open Heart Collection kinda bugs me too.

Reactions: DAF

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Izzy03|1304971499|2916538 said:
Hmm, the bezet really does look strange on the round, princess, and the pear, but I actually like it with a heart shaped stone! Not for an engagement ring, but I would like it as a RHR. I also have a thing for cocktail/costume jewelry with hearts so I'm a little biased.

Oh and the rose cut diamond does look silly....... but I can't help but think that a rose cut black diamond cocktail ring could be cool.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I actually quite like both bezel-settings (yes, even the Tiffany Bezets) and rose-cuts. I just hate watching people get the terminology consistently wrong! It's like my inner grammarian and my jewelry-loving id combine to form a Hulk of rage. A ... really proper, somewhat blinged-out Hulk.

Hulk SMASH, yo.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

I have not yet heard the appropriation of "bezet," though I'm not surprised. Not crazy about Tiffany's naming of that line, regardless. I always think "be-zay"-thinking they are going for a French pronunciation-rather than BeZET.

As far as current jewelry stuff to hate, well... :devil:

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock

Circe|1304971622|2916544 said:
Izzy03|1304971499|2916538 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong - I actually quite like both bezel-settings (yes, even the Tiffany Bezets) and rose-cuts. I just hate watching people get the terminology consistently wrong! It's like my inner grammarian and my jewelry-loving id combine to form a Hulk of rage. A ... really proper, somewhat blinged-out Hulk.

Hulk SMASH, yo.

I seen some bezel set jewelry that was beautiful, but I think the Tiffany version looks too.......something......

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Circe|1304970117|2916514 said:
An upside-down stone is not a rose-cut, dude.

LOL I have to laugh at this because it's so, so true. They even have pictures of it right-side-up so you can see the actual top. Morons. :rolleyes:

I don't think I dislike any trends right now...but I am not much of a trendy girl.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

are those 'illusion' princess cuts where it is 4 princesses set together to look like 1 a trend? because if so...NOT A FAN.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock

slg47|1304973945|2916605 said:
are those 'illusion' princess cuts where it is 4 princesses set together to look like 1 a trend? because if so...NOT A FAN.

Me either! I think those look ridiculous and to be honest, it looks worse than if you just had a modest stone.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Huggies. I don't get it. I'm not saying this in a mean way, I just don't understand how they fit around your ear lobe!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Not into the pandora bracelets just yet.

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Things I never got into:
- those circle necklaces - you know, the ones that are just a circle of diamonds? I mean, I love diamonds, but it just looks like a jewel-encrusted hole.
- Journey pendants
- Kay's "Open Heart" collection. It just looks like boobs and a butt to me.
- Pandora bracelets

Things I liked but am now over:
- Keys. Tiff's or JKT, I'm just. so. over. the keys
- Return to Tiffany's anything - I don't need something screaming "I paid too much for silver that has somebody else's name on it!"

suchende

Brilliant_Rock

Bands that are made up of lots of tiny bead-set stones (like, multiple rows, looking randomly scattered). They look like they have platinum goosebumps.

Princess cuts as the go-to engagement ring center. While I appreciate that some people just prefer square stones, I think this might be just a huge marketing success: who doesn't want a "princess" engagement ring? With the fragile corners and severe angles, I am just not a fan.

Engagement rings that look indiscriminately smothered in melee. It just looks too busy to me, especially for everyday.

Rose gold that looks like brass.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock

princesss|1304975407|2916639 said:
Things I never got into:
- those circle necklaces - you know, the ones that are just a circle of diamonds? I mean, I love diamonds, but it just looks like a jewel-encrusted hole.
- Journey pendants
- Kay's "Open Heart" collection. It just looks like boobs and a butt to me.

Things I liked but am now over:
- Keys. Tiff's or JKT, I'm just. so. over. the keys
- Return to Tiffany's anything - I don't need something screaming "I paid too much for silver that has somebody else's name on it!"
Also, the message is strange. If I should find you wandering about, I should deliver you to a jewelry store? There seems a vaguely misogynistic element in that...

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember|1304975047|2916630 said:

me neither, and they are SO expensive!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Ditto journey pendants.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

They're pretty and I know my friends are sentimental about theirs, but I don't get the hype. Then again I'm not a charm girl and I don't wear bracelets, so that *might* have something to do with it. :bigsmile:

I'm tired of all the Lia Sophia and Silpada jewelry parties I get invited to. It's fun to hang out with friends and try on jewelry but I hate the "BUY something/HOST a party!" pushy saleswoman who put on these things on. They're annoying.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Princesss reminded me of keys. I've never liked them, to be honest. I also agree with pretty much everything else on her list, but the keys stood out to me.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

wannaBMrsH|1304974212|2916609 said:

Me either! I think those look ridiculous and to be honest, it looks worse than if you just had a modest stone.

sooo agree. It looks like you are trying to achieve a HUGE center stone, and I think that a nice modest size princess cut looks nicer :bigsmile:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

The past present. or line necklaces..... Key pendants...Tiffany pendants with the heart....

I am into classic and timeless..... Anything sold buy Kays, Jareds, etc will never make my list of what I would wear or want.

And no every kiss does not begin with K......

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

Cheap knock-off Princess Diana e-rings made up of bad cz stones the size of Argentina.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

slg47|1304975871|2916653 said:

me neither, and they are SO expensive!

So agree! My mom likes them so we just got her one for mother's day but I would rather something else for that kind of money like a DBTY bracelet.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

Ditto.

Krae11

Rough_Rock

Farleysmom|1304978068|2916693 said:
Cheap knock-off Princess Diana e-rings made up of bad cz stones the size of Argentina.

LMAO! So true! That ring is beautiful, but all the $30 knock offs? Ridiculous!
And, I couldn't agree more on the Pandora bracelets. My best friend seems pretty obsessed with hers, and has been for years, but they have never appealed to me in the slightest. But, like some of you, I'm not a charm girl anyway.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have never liked David Yurman jewelry...it just really doesn't do it for me at all. Plus it's crazy expensive!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1304979388|2916721 said:
I have never liked David Yurman jewelry...it just really doesn't do it for me at all. Plus it's crazy expensive!

Ditto to this, and to most of what Princesss mentioned (I still like my key though! :razz:)

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock

Well I consider myself a pretty original person so I don't like anything too trendy but it depends on where you are. I do love halos but I'm getting overwhelmed by the number of halos on the site - I don't see too many halos IRL, mostly it's 3 stone rings which probably explains why the 3 stone is my least favorite setting type.

I do love the Tiffany Bezet setting but that's not what I'd consider trendy. I don't see too many bezel settings here or IRL. I do only like bezels in very large or very small sizes though. In medium sizes, it doesn't work for me. As far as the naming, I don't care what they call it as long as I like it.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

Totally ditto the illusion set princess cuts. In person, it makes me do a double take - but for all the wrong reasons.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1304979388|2916721 said:

Ugh! I second this. My mom loves the stuff. So we've bought her some but I cringe every single time. I got my MIL gorgeous inside outside diamond hoops from IDJ for the same price a single silver bangle with 6 half pointers and a tiny bit of gold at the clasp by DY cost.

I don't like hearts. Period. I have seen some lovely heart jewelry, but I still wouldn't wear any of it. The Kay open heart, omg lmao at the boobs and butt comment, so true.

Pandora bracelets and charm bracelets aren't my thing either. I did have one that had all my childhood little small pendants on it that my mom had made for me but it was stolen. It was more a sentimental piece though.

There are a lot of costume jewelry trends I've seen that I'm not a fan of. Although I am glad Aurora Borealas beads are back in style. They are fun.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

Excessively humungous watches. I know they are really big (ha) right now, but I think it looks too dang big when one's watch face hangs over the sides of one's wrist or begins to look like one of those GPS/alcohol-monitoring anklets a la Lindsay Lohan on one's arm.

Somewhat tangentially, it also bugs me when people tell me, "Oh, I don't wear a watch because it's totally unnecessary; I can just look at the time on my cell phone," and then ask me what time it is because I'm wearing a watch on the airplane/in the theater/in court where they have their cell phone off (or their cell phone is dead). I really want to tell them to get a watch! What is great about them is that they are appropriate in all situations and always tell you what time it is. Wearing a watch is both fun and informative :)) .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results