shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Trellis/X-prong setting

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by josmar0623, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josmar0623
    Rough_Rock

by josmar0623 » Apr 3, 2010
    I''ve always loved the trellis setting and especially love the Vatche x-prong setting. Are there any comparable trellis or x-prong settings that are cheaper in price? I know you usually get what you pay for but, I was hoping someone would know of a vendor that makes a similar setting of good quality at a lower price. There is a Vatche x-prong platinum setting for sale under the previously owned section on Pearlman''s website at a great price but, it''s for a 1.2-1.3 ct and I''d rather have one already made for 1 ct. rather than modify an existing setting. Thanks in advance!

2. Gypsy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Gypsy » Apr 3, 2010
    There are a lot of that style, but the Vatche is one of the nicest. I know BGD recently made one for someone who loved the style but didn''t like the execution of their own. Mark Morrel makes a lovely one. I don''t think either BGD or MWM would be much less than the Vatche. It''s a metal heavy design and metals are really expensive right now.

3. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Apr 3, 2010
    I actually think the Vatche is very well priced for a high quality setting with that much metal... it is only about $1000 in wg from some of the PS vendors. I know it is a lot, but you do get what you pay for.

Excel has some inexpensive trellis style settings from Adwar casts that cost much less. I believe Gypsy owned one for a while... didn''t you Gypsy?

Here is the link: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-Diamond-Engagement-Rings-11/Inspired-by-Tiffany-Lucida-Engagement-Ring--430-1295.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.