shape
carat
color
clarity

Trellis with Pear center stone and round sides????

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I know pears are not everyones cup of tea, but I think I really do love them. My original ering was a classic pear with baguette sides. yellow gold (it was 1979 after all. I then had it reset in white gold added round bezeled sides and a few more baguettes(not as busy as it sounds) That was stolen about 4 years ago and I have been on the hunt for a replacement, no insurance all out of pocket. ANYWAY... been menatlly switching between AVC and other vintage cuts and a pear. Think I have decided on a pear. NOw it get tricky, I am having a devil of a time finding a setting I like for me. See plenty of beautiful pears in pears fan club, but not exactly what I want. I am thinking I might like a pear center with round sapphire side stones. Can't find a picture anywhere I goggled the heck out of it and find nothing... HELP me pricescopers......
Would a trellis setting work for a pear center?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen a pear with round side stones (usually pear sides or baguettes) but I think it could work! A trellis setting sounds lovely :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A trellis setting for a pear is tricky. The rounded side of the pear can have the trellis, but the tip is going to cause an issue. Typically more symmetrical stones like rounds and princess cuts get set in trellis settings, but I have yet to see a pear in one.

Adenium

Rough_Rock
Someone on here had one, I'm pretty sure it was this forum....a pear with a couple rounds on either side. I added it to my potential-pear-someday file because it was so unusual. This is my first try adding a picture, so let's see if it works....
really-digging-the-pear-shape-recently.jpg

Oops. Can't find it here, it was actually from a wedding forum, so I hope I'm not in some type of violation. Anyways, I thought the design worked well. Not sure how you'd integrate a bezel, but it's food for thought.

We can't get enough pear examples up here. I'm lucky if I get ONE valuable ring for the next ten years at least, so I have to make sure it's spectacular while within budget. Darn European fiance who doesn't get this whole American girl jewelry thing! And I'm not even that girly!

pothos

Rough_Rock
I don't know if they had sidestones, but I believe Richard Krementz gemstones had some interesting trellis like designs for pear centers.

Adenium

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for pointing him out. I'd never seen his pieces - they're beautiful. Given that no individual rings are shown in detail and there are no prices listed, I'm assuming he is waaaaaay out of my price range. But still, it's nice to look. And sigh. And wish my career were more lucrative.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results