shape
carat
color
clarity

Treated myself to 50th bday! Never married. Just bought a beautiful european cut ring to wear on my right hand.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: Holy find, Batman!
I love the mounting and everything! It's the right size center/stone color/style...LOVE.
If it was in brushed yellow, I'd probably faint.
Buy what makes you happy, you earned it.:bigsmile:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Both rings are gorgeous, and the facet pattern on that OEC is killer.

Personally, I love it that you buy yourself and wear what you want! That is the path I find myself on at this point in my life as well (just a smidge older than you). I'm happily married and all, and have pretty engagement and wedding rings that were gifted by my husband, but they were very much a compromise choice between his tastes and mine, so while I like them and they have a great deal of sentimental value to me, I found myself over the years yearning to look down at something I love on my hand. As we approached our ten-year anniversary, I got his OK money-wise to look for what I was calling an anniversary ring, which turned into the odyssey that led me here and led to the accumulation of so many rings, which I switch out all the time. At some point we had the conversation that really, none of it had anything to do with him or our anniversary, so let's just drop the pretense and call it what it is: me buying myself rings! After the first one, I only used extra funds that I had acquired myself outside of our family budget. I love it - it feels right to choose and buy myself what I love and not to wait for or rely on someone else.

And after all: why shouldn't a woman buy herself a honkin' diamond ring if she wants one? In the end, the most important relationship we'll ever have in life is the one with ourselves. It's the one that determines the quality of all the rest of them - even with our children. Why not celebrate it? Why not commemorate our commitment to ourselves?

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
So beautiful! Happy birthday

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous!

Q

Queenie60

Good for you. Enjoy what you have worked for

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
It’s amazing!
So glad you do things for yourself!
It’s empowering.
I’m married but have always (and still do) buy all my jewelry.
I mean ALL!
With the exception of my e-ring, it’s all been purchased by me.
It never bothered me one iota.
You GO girl!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful. I hope you get much enjoyment out of wearing it, and that it won’t be the last beautiful piece of jewelry you buy yourself.

GuitarGirl22

Rough_Rock
I think its lovely you treated yourself! It's a beautiful ring. My motto is never feel guilty about treating yourself to something we want and makes us feel happy. Life is too short. Happy 50th!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
That's a gorgeous way to treat yourself!!! It looks fantastic on you

weemie

Shiny_Rock
That ring is all kinds of gorgeousness! It also looks waaaaay bigger than 1.5ct, I love it! I agree with treating yourself, I have bought all my rings (except my teeny but lovely engagement ring bought when we hadn't a penny to run together) myself, and I don’t feel bad about it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results