shape
carat
color
clarity

travelling with the Lap Top..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: I wonder if any of you has any suggestion on how to keep the lap top going safely while travelling .Would the battery last for 1 movie ? I read somewhere that you can plug it on the plane.If the battery drains would I loose any info? thanks so much..

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Scarletta!

I travel with my laptop constantly. In fact, nearly every day. It''s perfectly safe, and if the battery runs out, the computer just shuts off. You won''t lose any data unless you haven''t saved it (most computers auto-save every few minutes, too). But your laptop should tell you how much battery time is left so you can plan accordingly!

As for how long a battery lasts, that varies significantly depending on the computer. My mac battery lasts nearly 5 hours, but many others last only 2 or 3. Try it out and see! Many planes have outlets, but this is less common on domestic flights, unless you''re in business class, so i wouldn''t count on it.

But, I''d say the chances are very good that your battery, if it was fully charged when you leave, would last long enough to watch a movie on a plane.

Have a safe trip!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks a lot it helps.Now which movie to watch? hm have to really think about it to make it extra special..thanks

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Maybe they''ll have a movie on the flight, too. If the flight is longer than about 3 hours, they usually have something to entertain you. And if it''s a REALLY long flight, then a lot of airlines now even let you choose the movie. I had a crazy 20 hour journey recently and the airline had a selection of about 150 different films, even in economy class, that you could watch privately in your seat.

Maybe check on the airline''s website? They might also tell you whether they have outlets on the plane you''ll be flying and what the movie would be if they were providing one.

If I may ask: where are you going? Somewhere exciting? Is it a vacation? I''m a travel addict so would love to hear about it.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks going to Mexico to get some sun..The idea of asking Arlines sounds good thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results