shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel Jewelry Case Recommendations?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A recent post from a PSer had me thinking that I would like a nice travel jewelry case. Just something that will fit a few rings and maybe a a couple of delicate necklaces and couple of pairs of earrings (studs). I don't travel with a ton but what I do travel with floats around in my bag in small velvet pouches. I have to feel the pouch to know whats in that particular one. I have mini freak outs if I can't find a particular pouch when really it just got caught or hidden by something else that is floating around my bag. So it is probably best to have a nice something (not too big) that can hold it all in one location.

Any suggestions for something that has been working for you? What are you using that you love? Any particular brand I should look at? Its got to be handbag friendly!

Thank you PSers!

I know this topic has been posted before but they are old and a lot of the links don't work anymore.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1471655505|4067880 said:

This is why I love PS! Both you and PintoBean posted an identical style just a different brand. That says something:)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the ivory and its a durable zipper. :appl:

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
First post!

I used to use small hard cases, but I realized I could not fit some of my larger pieces in them. Now I use a soft roll up case, and I put it in a plastic pencil case so that things don't get smashed in my bag.

It isn't elegant but it is what works best for me.

c2784acfc488296af94799dfd95f96e3.jpg

8d068c9d55ac013b034f419d97e71b16.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew I had uploaded a pic of my jewelry case somewhere - It only took flipping through 51 pages to find it LOLOLOL!
wolfcaroline.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1471664353|4067943 said:
I have the ivory and its a durable zipper. :appl:

So it was between the ivory and the pink "rose quartz". Ivory was not avail so I requested the rose as a bday gift option! I think its ordered :dance: :appl: :dance:

Do you happen to have a photo with all your new jewels (rings specifically) in your Ivory? Would love to see it :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1471667354|4067957 said:
I knew I had uploaded a pic of my jewelry case somewhere - It only took flipping through 51 pages to find it LOLOLOL!
wolfcaroline.jpg

We were posting at the same time! :lol: I LOVE IT... Thank you for posting the photos. This is going to be perfect for me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a number of these. I think at last count I had eight.

The best one I own? My little one from Tiffany I bought for myself. It was pricey, I won't lie. But it is the best quality, and the most useful as it is small and fits anywhere.

I don't own anything else from Tiffany. And I am not generally a fan of theirs but that jewelry roll rocks.

Hmm. Just browsed Tiffany. Doesn't look like they make it anymore. Shoot. http://www.tiffany.com/accessories/tiffany-leather-collection/jewelry-roll-26500087 Well, this is it.

The size on it is PERFECT. Seriously. You don't need bigger. They are just a waste of space. This is the best size. If you can find a nice quality one in leather that is the same price, get it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my second favorite one. It was the closest "non-tiffany" one I could find to the Tiffany a while back. It's quite lovely, especially for the price. But it is a bit larger, and I really love the smaller size of my Tiffany one. Still this one isn't TOO big (all the rest of them are, but then, I didn't buy those for myself, they were gifts). I've bought gifts for people (and for myself) from Leatherology and their quality is great. I love the monograming option. Mine is monogramed. It's also in my bank box so I can't take a picture of it for you. This one has a suede interior, which is the other thing I love best about my Tiffany one.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know!! I wanted that Tiffany one Gypsy. I searched for it and it is not available. Sometimes at the Tiffany store they will have discontinued items that are no longer online but I already checked my local store and nothing. What is the one you are referring to that is close to it? Can you post a link?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.leatherology.com/buckled-jewelry-roll-grey-leather-stone Sorry meant to post the link. I have the grey.

What I love about the Tiffany one is I can hide it and stash it easily due to size. I don't like to have something on me that screams: "LOOK JEWELRY HERE". And all cases do. So I like that I can stash the Tiffany one in a pair of socks if I have to, or in many other things.

Have you checked ebay? I know its a crap shoot. But... you never know.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snowdrop13|1471678210|4067998 said:

I didn't see that on the US website. I just double checked. I wonder if it's only available in the UK. I don't like it as much as mine though. It's not suede on the inside like the one I have. It has one less pocket/pouch. And the lower pocket on the inside is smaller than mine. Plus the leather doesn't look as "squishy" (that's a techinical term) and looks stiff.

Honestly, it looks like a immitation to me (even though it's not), especially with the way the Tiffany brand is sewn on instead of embossed into the leather.

How greedy of them. The one I had was italian and clearly more to make, so say 50 bucks to make. And they were selling it for 250 each. So they were making ONLY 200 on each one. :$$):

These probably cost a 15 bucks to make, and are made in Spain where the economy is in the toilet and the inside is just fabric. I am disappointed (but unsurprised I dislike Tiffany generally for a reason). :nono:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the round one from Tiffany. I love it because it is small. For quick trips when I only bring the stuff I am wearing, I take if off at night and zip it into this sweet little case. Jewelry left on a nightstand or dresser at night makes me really nervous. It is too easy to get knocked off in your sleep or by someone accidentally hitting it when walking by it. It has happened to me once and also when traveling with my daughter and we have spent (once) hours looking for a stud that got knocked off a dresser. Those little babies can fly! I won't ever do that again. The case I have is black patent. I have also seen them in tiffany blue. There is not another case like it that I have found. It fits easily in a purse or travel bag as well.

I also have a slightly bigger one from leatherology that zips around. I have had it for years and I can't find it on their website anymore. They do have a larger one. I love that you can get their items in so many colors. As Gyspy said, the quality is great.

zip-jewelry-case-33780478_939727_av_1.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Wolf also and they are well made for the price. Mine is more elongated and the Tiffany style blue color. It fits in my purse which is better than a larger one that would need to be in luggage.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1471704085|4068067 said:
I have the round one from Tiffany. I love it because it is small. For quick trips when I only bring the stuff I am wearing, I take if off at night and zip it into this sweet little case. Jewelry left on a nightstand or dresser at night makes me really nervous. It is too easy to get knocked off in your sleep or by someone accidentally hitting it when walking by it. It has happened to me once and also when traveling with my daughter and we have spent (once) hours looking for a stud that got knocked off a dresser. Those little babies can fly! I won't ever do that again. The case I have is black patent. I have also seen them in tiffany blue. There is not another case like it that I have found. It fits easily in a purse or travel bag as well.

I also have a slightly bigger one from leatherology that zips around. I have had it for years and I can't find it on their website anymore. They do have a larger one. I love that you can get their items in so many colors. As Gyspy said, the quality is great.

This has happened to me so many times with jewelry in hotels! I like this little one too actually. Like something I can have in my bag all the time? Is it small enough to carry around regularly? Called the store.. They are sold out of the Tiffany blue but do have raspberry and a silver one at my location.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1471680597|4068003 said:
Snowdrop13|1471678210|4067998 said:

I didn't see that on the US website. I just double checked. I wonder if it's only available in the UK. I don't like it as much as mine though. It's not suede on the inside like the one I have. It has one less pocket/pouch. And the lower pocket on the inside is smaller than mine. Plus the leather doesn't look as "squishy" (that's a techinical term) and looks stiff.

Honestly, it looks like a immitation to me (even though it's not), especially with the way the Tiffany brand is sewn on instead of embossed into the leather.

How greedy of them. The one I had was italian and clearly more to make, so say 50 bucks to make. And they were selling it for 250 each. So they were making ONLY 200 on each one. :$$):

These probably cost a 15 bucks to make, and are made in Spain where the economy is in the toilet and the inside is just fabric. I am disappointed (but unsurprised I dislike Tiffany generally for a reason). :nono:

Hmmmm they do have this one in my local boutique. Both the small and medium. In a Rasberry color, silver and this black. No Tiffany blue which would be my first choice. But Gypsy are you saying you don't think the new version is worth the price?

Also I am trying to move away from the one big jewelry box on my dresser and have a few items I can hide somewhere else or place in drawers. How are you storing your goodies in general at home?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can only say that compared to the one I have this one is clearly a downgrade. But it does have the right dimensions. Maybe go see it in person? If it were me, I'd buy the one ebay. I sincerely think it's authentic.

I got robbed just after my wedding (and Persian custom is to give the bride jewelry, so all of that was taken) so I do not store most of my pieces at home, but rather at the bank. And what I do have is squirreled away in a jewelry roll that is stuck or taped in weird places.

My fancy large jewelry box DH bought for me as a birthday present one year now houses only my costume jewelry (which is a fairly good sized collection itself).

I generally only keep a few pieces at home. Usually my wedding band (which I wear 24/7), my engagement ring (squirreled away), one diamond pendant and my diamond studs.

I love jewelry, but I don't actually wear it all the time (except my wedding band). I wear my costume earrings (I love big earrings) most of the time. I keep the real jewelry for interviews, going out with PSers, and nicer occasions.

When I had a 5 stone band I wore it instead of my wedding band and kept both my engagement ring and my wedding band in the bank. But I sold that one, and while I plan to get another and will keep it handy, that's not in the cards for a while yet.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought and not used a number of travel jewelry cases - I hate rolls and most other ones are too big. What works best for me is a little Kate Spade pill box w/zippered case. It is 3.5 inches long by 3 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall. Basically like this. It doesn't close completely around a couple of my rings but you can still close the lid down and zip it, and you can wrap items or stick bits of foam or whatever in the little compartments to keep earrings etc from rattling around, and you can wrap necklaces around the pill box and put it in the case. It pops easily in a purse so you can take it with you on the plane or wherever and even better fits easily in the interior zip compartment of any purse big enough to hold the rest of my crap.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have about every kind of travel case and have not found the perfect one yet. Most of the hard cases do not allow room for the case to close with rings in the ring part! Then with the rolls, there is no way to separate rings or other pieces. Do they not know that PSers don't want their jewelry pieces hitting and scratching each other???!!! I don't like two earrings in the same little compartment just loose hitting each other. So when I use a travel case, I have to either wrap each piece individually or use tiny plastic bags to protect them.

I will add that we got a really adorable small suede one at a PS Vegas GTG a couple of years ago, and I do use that in my purse when just taking an extra item or two. Like sometimes I don't want to wear my rings until after a manicure and I keep them in there.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to recommend the Baggalini Jewelry Square because I love mine, but I see it isn't made anymore. It's a small rip-stop nylon zippered bag with two zippered pockets for bracelets and necklaces, a ring bar, and two smaller pockets for small earrings. Light and indestructible and doesn't call attention to itself. If you come across one on Ebay or somewhere, snap it up. They are inexpensive, allowing you to spend more on the jewelry inside it!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1471790209|4068332 said:
I have about every kind of travel case and have not found the perfect one yet. Most of the hard cases do not allow room for the case to close with rings in the ring part! Then with the rolls, there is no way to separate rings or other pieces. Do they not know that PSers don't want their jewelry pieces hitting and scratching each other???!!! I don't like two earrings in the same little compartment just loose hitting each other. So when I use a travel case, I have to either wrap each piece individually or use tiny plastic bags to protect them.

I will add that we got a really adorable small suede one at a PS Vegas GTG a couple of years ago, and I do use that in my purse when just taking an extra item or two. Like sometimes I don't want to wear my rings until after a manicure and I keep them in there.
Maybe something like these could be used as bumpers in between rings!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/272997038/barber-hair-shears-scissors-finger-rings?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=20ce15e9-e368-4499-bacb-58a1f6409cc8&gclid=CN7pvu-Q084CFcRkhgod0LQPkw

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1471804076|4068378 said:
diamondseeker2006|1471790209|4068332 said:

Maybe something like these could be used as bumpers in between rings!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/272997038/barber-hair-shears-scissors-finger-rings?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_b-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=20ce15e9-e368-4499-bacb-58a1f6409cc8&gclid=CN7pvu-Q084CFcRkhgod0LQPkw

Genius!!!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1471820327|4068441 said:
Saw this on another Forum. It is from Pottery Barn. It is called the McKenna jewelry travel portfolio. It folds into thirds. It has flaps to protect chains and keep items from touching, and separate holes for each earring.

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/mckenna-travel-portfolio/

Very nice, shaggy! Oops, except the link says no longer available!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results