shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Statue at the entrance to the Sagrada Familia

sagradastatue1.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lovely cruise ship down by the port

lovelyport.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stained glass windows inside the Sagrada Familia.....last photo for now.

sagradastained.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooo Bee, I love Barcelona! The architecture alone is swoonworthy, isn't it? When I was there quite a long time ago, the Sagada was closed for renovations...so I suppose I have to go back. I love Gaudi's apt. building, that looks like it's melting. Anyway, thanks for resurecting this thread again...I wondered where it went.

I've added quite a lot of travel entries on my blog which would take up too much space on this thread but here's the link if anyone's interested:

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Some awesome pics here, ladies!!

I don''t generally take many pics when I travel, but I have a few fun ones to share.

When I thought of Barbados, I didn''t think there would be a cave! Sure, it was touristy, but I''m a sucker for caves.

BarbadosCavesumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
And I notice we''re missing quite a lot of the continental US.

When I went to Maine a few years ago, I was enchanted... here''s one of my favorites...

mainecoastsumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
And one of my favorite places to go in the fall for quirky fun within driving distance... Williamsburg, VA.

wburgsumbsquare.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Goofing off with my best friend... the bonnet was not one of her best fashion choices... but it was fun!

stockswburgsumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
While this may be the backyard of some PS''ers, it was a fun trip for me... This is where we ended up when DH said "Hmm... wonder where that road goes..."

nocalrockssumb.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Again, not in my backyard!

ggsumbsunset.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Bryce Canyon National Park-Utah.
I love this place
1.gif

bryce.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Nice new pictures! Skippy you must have taken that one of Santa Fe in the summer. It sure doesn''t look like that now.

I have some new ones to share. At the end of September we rented a houseboat on Lake Powell for a week with four other couples.

lakepowellhouseboat.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Lake Powell has lots of striking rock formations.

lakepowellreflect.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is where you take your boat to reach Rainbow Bridge.

lakepowellenttorb.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
And lastly this is Rainbow Bridge itself. For those of you who don't know Lake Powell is located at the border of Utah and Arizona.

rainbowbridge1.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh I want to play. Here''s a shot of the Great Pyramids of Giza at sunset.

PyramidsSunset.JPG

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
And one of the Sphinx.

sphinx.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, your pictures are great!!! do you recommend any restaurants out there??? We will be there in a couple of months, yay! I am sort of afraid of heights, would it be crazy to do the cable car? It looks fun but I am chicken thinking about it.

Sundial, I love your lake Powell pics; I love red rocks! I have never been to Lake Powell; I always tell hubby we need to discover stuff in our backyard, maybe this spring we will go to Whitesands and Carlsbad Caverns (after seeing Sumbrides cave pics).

Sap, tell us about Egypt; it looks soooo cool! I love the pics!

Coati, I am dying to go to Yosemite. I was an hour away on a business and didn't have time to get over, someday!

Here is one from a Seattle trip last summer.

IMG02826.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another from Seattle. I love all the flower baskets all over town!! We walked over to Anthony's and had the best crab legs and clam chowder, yum!

Sundial, yes, the picture of Santa Fe was from this summer. I will add a few more soon.

IMG00672.JPG

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i added these to the other thread, but they will most likely get more views here
2.gif

these were taken on a family backpacking trip to havasu falls in arizona this past march

the hike down

havasu22.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
more hike

havasu20.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
still hiking....reached the havasupai village, the only place where mail is still delivered by horse (or donkey hybrid) in the US

havasuvill.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
ah, here we go

havasufallsbig.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
FI, exploring

havasu40.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
mooney falls, further down the river

havasu30.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 6:58:02 PM
Author: Skippy123
Bee, your pictures are great!!! do you recommend any restaurants out there??? We will be there in a couple of months, yay! I am sort of afraid of heights, would it be crazy to do the cable car? It looks fun but I am chicken thinking about it.

Thanks Skippy! In terms of restaurants, I actually never wrote down any of the names. What I can advise is to get the bus turistic and get off on the avenue diagonal on the 2nd stop along there and there is the most amazing tapas bar along there on the left hand side. We ate ourselves silly there as the food was just so good. I recommend the hotel jazz as well-it was a great hotel and had a lovely rooftop swimming pool and it''s close to everything. There was a lovely tapas bar right beside it also but it was a bit pricier than some of the others. You''ll love the cable car! I hate heights but D made me go on it (as he wanted to propose on it!) but I was so nervous at the start but I felt fine once it got going. They are really new and safe. There are other cable cars which go from the top of one of the mountains out over the port and I didn''t go on those as they are really old looking. They are good fun though.

There are a couple of nice squares off the Ramblas which have some lovely restaurants off them and if you go through some of the streets you will find some lovely restaurants.

On some other previous trips, we''ve stayed at the hotel Regina and the Meridien hotel also, but the jazz will definitely be the one that we return to from now on. Just writing that has made me long to return again

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
our campsite on the river, a little after sunrise

havasu50.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
last one! one more of the falls

havasu10.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 3:35:47 PM
Author: surfgirl
Ooo Bee, I love Barcelona! The architecture alone is swoonworthy, isn''t it? When I was there quite a long time ago, the Sagada was closed for renovations...so I suppose I have to go back. I love Gaudi''s apt. building, that looks like it''s melting. Anyway, thanks for resurecting this thread again...I wondered where it went.

You''ll have to return surfgirl! This last trip was my third time there and I cannot wait to go back. The Sagrada Familia is amazing! They are still doing it up but you can still go in and go up the towers. Parc Guell is my favourite place though when it''s not over run with tourists-it''s so peaceful and I love that lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results