shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel cribs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are moving accross the country and in our great wisdom decided that it would be a good idea to be homeless for one month
20.gif
So we need a travel crib for the weeks we will be staying with family.

I have the arm''s reach co-sleeper mini, but it is actually too small now for Hunter, he rolls into the walls and gets really mad -- didn''t think that through and should have got the full sized one. Am considering the pack n'' play for the low price, but it is heavier than I want and too clumsy to fold.

Ideally we want something super light and easy to use. Any recommendations? Am considering the Pead Pod by KidCo and the Baby Bjorn and the Phil & Teds'', though the latter two are pricey.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about this too for my Mom's house as a 'second' home...but I think in the end we will just do a play yard. Will you be folding and carrying it around a lot? Or will it be more like sitting in one area for a few weeks? I like the idea of a crib itself but the yard seemed like it had more plusses than just being a crib since we won't be moving it a lot. There are a ton out there too...honestly how does one decide?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a big fan of the pea pod. Get the big one, especially if Hunter doesn''t like bumping into walls. We use our big read one a lot.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I have the pack-n-play. i don''t find it difficult at all to fold, and I think it''s most like a regular crib.

We also bought the peapod. I have brought it along lots of times i.e. to friends'' houses when i thought he might take a nap, etc. I think it''s a great concept, but I haven''t actually found my kid sleeps in it much! Not sure how it would be to use for night sleep for any extended periods.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:39:38 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I have the pack-n-play. i don''t find it difficult at all to fold, and I think it''s most like a regular crib.

We also bought the peapod. I have brought it along lots of times i.e. to friends'' houses when i thought he might take a nap, etc. I think it''s a great concept, but I haven''t actually found my kid sleeps in it much! Not sure how it would be to use for night sleep for any extended periods.
Amelia was a bit unsure when we first put her in it (and we did it young since we had the smaller one). But with her swaddle (and later, sleepsack) and paci, she slept in it great!

If you''re not moving around much, PnP would be fine but the peapod is so darn portable. I do think some babies just wouldn''t like it though.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have pack n plays (and my boys slept in them for awhile when we were moving too). Not bad not bad. And the folding is actually really easy. They are bulky-but it''s nice to have a place to put the little buggers when they become mobile too...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We will be moving it a couple times, but I guess not too much.

The co-sleeper is very easy to fold, but I still find it a PITA and thought the P&P would be similar. But it makes the most sense perhaps to just get something inexpensive. And I also will need somwhere to put the little dude when he gets more mobile.

I suspect that the pea pod won''t fly with him. He would be too curious and we don''t swaddle him anymore. With time he might be ok, but I''d rather not deal with that I guess.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Just a heads up on the Phil and Teds travel cot - I purchased one when my son was a baby (4 years ago now so they may have changed) and I can''t say I was ever that impressed by it. It''s not really that easy to pack up or assemble and because it''s so lightweight it''s not really safe for use once they are big enough to pull themselves up. The last time I ever used it was when my daughter was about 16 mths (she has always been tall for her age). I put her to bed while at my parents and 15 minutes later she was standing in front of me again. She had managed to escape by tipping it over.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal that is a good price but it isn''t available in Canada. Apparently the product was pulled from the market due to a zipper that Health canada was no happy with!

Softly I heard that too. I think if we go high end it will be a Baby Bjorn.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt see this thread, and just posted in the newborn thread that I bought the pea pod for our trip to Croatia!!!!!!!!!!!

IRONICAL

I''ll let you know how it goes! I got ours NIB off of Ebay.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
We went the expensive route with a Baby Bjorn Travel Crib. It''s a hefty price, but if you will be doing a lot of traveling it''s worth it for the convenience. Nothing rivals it in terms of ease of assembly and transport (very lightweight). Mattress (have to buy expensive sheet to go with it though) is comfy as far as travel cribs go. Chloe sleeps in there fine, but can''t say she loves being in there otherwise (ie as a playpen). Only other one I can compare it to is the Pack N Plays, which are much roomier but I find them too bulky, difficult to transport, and also quite stiff (wood board for mattress support).

On an off topic how do people handle car seats with air travel? Do you bring them, or is there a temporary option! Rental car companies should rent them!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 6:40:16 AM
Author: softly softly
Just a heads up on the Phil and Teds travel cot - I purchased one when my son was a baby (4 years ago now so they may have changed) and I can''t say I was ever that impressed by it. It''s not really that easy to pack up or assemble and because it''s so lightweight it''s not really safe for use once they are big enough to pull themselves up. The last time I ever used it was when my daughter was about 16 mths (she has always been tall for her age). I put her to bed while at my parents and 15 minutes later she was standing in front of me again. She had managed to escape by tipping it over.
Eek, good to know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results