shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel and Early Pregnancy - NY and London advice appreciated ....

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you don''t have better answers, but thinking of you and hoping for very happy news!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, I know how difficult this is. It sounds like you have a great doctor, and I'm glad they were able to see you right away. I hope the blood work results tomorrow and Friday confirm that everything is on track and that all of this worry is for nothing!!

You are right -- work is the best thing right now. It certainly helps to pass the time.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I asked my OB about spotting today for you. He said it is totally NOT unusual and getting checked out is absolutely the right thing to do. He said it varies in terms of what kind of spotting you get... but many women who spot have perfect pregnancies. Sending more thoughts and prayers your way! Hugs

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Circe, hope everything goes okay - I had bleeding (more than spotting) at 7 weeks and everything was fine. It is truly frightening though.

If you are still heading to London, I''ll come up with a ''to do'' list for you! Oh, and bring a sweater as it''s a tad chilly!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

First YIPPEEE!!

Second, the cold hard truth is that there is nothing you or anyone else can do about the progress of things in those first 10 weeks. So me personally, I would just go on the trip and enjoy yourself! The good news is that it would be distracting while you are away and so you will hopefully not fret as much.

Also, more good news is that you can take gravol for motion sickness if you need to. Histamine based anti-nausea medicines are safe (though not technically approved, since only tylenol has been tested with rigor). I took it about 5-6 times in my pregnancy and my son is perfect

2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And now that I read the whole thread, big hugs. So many PS mamas have had spotting and gone on to have healthy babes so I am hoping this is what is going on for you too, of course.

That said, I stick to my original suggestion that you go ahead and go to London. Life is short, and there is nothing you can do to change the progress of your pregnancy at this point, so you might as well sieze the opportunities that come your way. The distraction will be good either way, and the support your your hubby a must.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This place really is a boon: when I talk to people whom I know IRL, I sort of feel like I have to keep it together so as to not make them more upset (this is not ingratitude for their concern, btw: just a sense of ... responsibility, if that makes sense), whereas here, I feel like I can just be honest.

Puppmom - Thanks for that: I feel really heartened hearing about all of the other women who had a little bleeding, and who had things turn out well. I really appreciate that.

LovelyLuLu - thank you! I''m hoping I''ll be able to deliver good news, and soon.

Loves Vintage - my doctor''s office is awesome. The doc herself wasn''t in today, but I''m guessing there''s not much more she could have said or added, and I think they did a good job of advising me. Now, fingers crossed on the results (and the work!).

Bliss - you are such a sweetheart! Thanks for asking for me ... when I get the forward from admin, my first phone call is going to be to him to make an appointment! I love my gyno, but if she''s not going to be around past October ... I definitely want to have someone I can trust on speed-dial.

Pandora Thank you. I was reading up on old threads about spotting, and yours caught my eye - I''m so glad everything turned out well, and am hopinghopinghoping to follow in those footsteps. As for London ... you know, I think I will? I think I''ll wait till Friday, get blood drawn for the second test, pack my comfiest traveling clothes, and head to the airport. They wouldn''t have any results for me until Monday, and I''d just be tearing my hair out in the meantime ... light sightseeing should do wonders for keeping me distracted. So list away!

Dreamer - thank you, on all counts.
5.gif
I think I will go to London: I''ll stick around long enough to meet my deadline and get my second set of bloodwork done, but after that, hello, four star hotel! Hopefully the fancy view will take my mind off my troubles. And, hey, hopefully the lap of luxury will be a nice place to gestate, once I get some good results (fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is a great plan. And re the bloodwork: it is not an exact science so if the numbers are not super fantastico, it really still is not a guarantee. As they say, the only hard and fast indicator of the end in those early weeks is a full on period, so no matter what happens try to keep a positive sense of blind faith in the whole process.

I myself am not a religious person, but still the notion of blind faith -- in chance, in god, in luck, or even just a blank state of not thinking too much
5.gif
-- that notion carried me through those weeks of uncertainty that all women face when they are newly pregnant. It is a good mindset to practice in life, I think, and especially for mothers. We really have little or no control over most of the road to parenthood, as you well know. So practice that sense of blind acceptance, blind hope, what have you, and know what no matter what happens you will get through it and move forward. This too shall pass is my other mantra of motherhood -- the good and the bad passes by so fast. You almost blink and it is over. That fact offers solace when things are bad, and it reminds you to savour the good things while they are happening. So savour this time of growing your child, no matter if it lasts for 9 months or 9 minutes it is a time for joy and a time to celebrate.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Circe- Missed about your bleeding until now, but just wanted to say GO to London! And cross your fingers for no morning sickness.

re: the bleeidng- Many, many of the ladies here have had spotting and normal pregnancies. I''ve had an almost unnoticeable amount (except that I was looking for it
2.gif
) a couple times, but we''ve seen our little heart beating and everything looks okay thus far. It sure is stressful, though. Hang in there!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
circe - just wanted to join the chorus of ppl wishing you well. i hope the spotting isn''t an indicator of anything being wrong - so many PS mama''s experienced the same and have healthy happy babies :)

i''m glad you''re taking your trip - safe travels!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am writing to tell you my friend experienced spotting thru out her pregnancy and mommy and baby are just fine. My thoughts are with you...hope all is well.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
How are you doing Circe?
I know you likely won''t have any more news, just wanted to send you a hug. I''m thinking about you.

Jen

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, guys: it really touches my heart when I check in and see that y''all are peeking in on me. I''m holding off on posting to any of the group pregnancy threads ... it just feels like being such a *downer* with a situation like this! (I know, this is silly: nevertheless, I''m holding off.) I called for blood test results ... apparently, my beta levels were 302 yesterday.

On the one hand, beta levels are relative, and they won''t tell me anything until I get the 2nd set of results on Monday, and, hell, I''m pretty sure I ovulated late last month, since the first day of my last period was April Fool''s Day, and I''m pretty sure I had implantation bleeding on May Day. But ... it still isn''t the Really Positive Sign that I has sort of been hoping for.

But, on the plus side ... no more spotting, which I am really grateful for. So, I''m just quietly trying to go about my business, and keep calm until Monday. I mean, after all, after that, I know I could potentially be a basket case until I saw a heartbeat ... and then until the full-body scan ... and then, potentially, until the delivery! And that''s no way to live. So, while I''d like to hit a comfort zone of "every little thing is gonna be all right," I also sort of think I might be needing to create it myself.

Dreamer - that''s it exactly. Blind acceptance isn''t really my forte, but since this is a process that I have very little conscious control over, I''m just trying to enjoy the process! Right now, that means feeling grateful for being really tired.
41.gif
I look forward to getting to the point where I can be grateful for being kicked!

Icekid - will do! I''m looking forward to it (if not to a 6 hour flight sans coffee or booze - brr!). And right now, I''d even welcome morning sickness as a sign of things being all right .... Thanks for the reassurance re: spotting. I cannot wait to get to the point of being able to see the heartbeat - it''s such an amazing sight, and such a reassurance!

Sbde - thank you kindly! I am crossing my fingers and toes. :)

LizzyAnn01, thank you! Congratulations to your friend, and hope I can join the ranks of the success stories - it looks like I''ll be in good company!

Mrs Mitchell - thanks for checking in! I keep remembering the way my dad repeats that no news is good news - in this case, he''d be right! No additional bleeding makes me happy (VERY happy), and the news from the doctor''s office makes for incomplete conjecture, as yet. So I''m just doing my best to embody optimism, and will my hormone levels to rise ....

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh Circe, this all sounds very good! And please don''t worry about posting in the JBP thread... We are all part of a community and we''re here to cheer each other on - and support each other through scary or tough times. YOU ARE NOT A DOWNER! We care about you. Just do whatever feels right for you. Spotting *is* scary and that''s why you should feel free to share your feelings. If it makes you feel better, we''re here to listen and to try to help. One thing I wish I''d done sooner in my life is to take people up on their offers to help me. I was afraid to lean on people because I didn''t want to burden anyone. But as I get older and establish true friendships, I see how amazing it is to support each other through the rough times. It''s a privilege to us to be able to help you and console you in a small way. HUGS I have a good feeling about your pregnancy and hope to share in your happy times through the 9 mos!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is great news that you have had no more spotting. And that beta level is not sky high, but it is also not super super low, either, so fingers crossed!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Circe, quiet congratulations and fingers and toes crossed that everything turns out okay.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe glad to hear there is no more spotting, keeping fingers crossed.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, guys: no more pregnancy, according to today''s ultrasound. Alas. I will hope for better luck next time.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
15.gif

Sending you lots of love and hugs Circe.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am so sorry. So many women experience this their first time around (myself included) and it is so heartbreaking. But many many more go on to have healthy babies. I am sending you prayers and hugs to heal.
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so so sorry circe, lots of hugs. take care of yourself and fly safe if you decide to go on the trip.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry too, Circe....Give yourself a chance to grieve
7.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Circe-I am so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself, I hope that you are still able to go on your trip, and we''re all here for you if you want to post/talk about it!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am very sorry to hear your news. But it will happen for you. I had two previous unexplained miscarriages before I conceived my son. He is the most perfect little man and he was worth the wait. Keep your head up and try to enjoy your vacation! Hugs Hugs Hugs

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I''m so sorry you are the latest of our ladies on the board to go through this. It is such a terrible experience. Ill be thinking about you and your husband, and hope he spoils you rotten if you get to go overseas for your trip. You deserve it!! Everyone here helped me sooooooo much after my recent m/c, so know you''ve got great support here, especially if you didn''t share with many people in "real life."

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am so very sorry for your loss. Words fail to be or do enough, but know that you are being thought of. I wish you peace.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Circe, I am so sorry for your loss. {{{{hugs}}}}

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, I''m so sorry but I''m glad you have a definitive answer. I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time in London. Maybe all that *relaxing* will result in a big fat sticky positive.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry circe
7.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results