shape
carat
color
clarity

Trapiche Black Sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vismay Zaveri

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have got Trapiche Black Sapphires with Golden Silk (probably Haematite) and also from the same area (somewhere in west africa) I have got a unique piece of grey sapphire which shows a trapiche formation along the c - axis with the hexagonal silk and also a hexagonal silk running perpendicular to the c- axis. I mean it was wierd seeing two silk one parallel to c-axis with trapiche formatioin and one perpendicular to c-axis without the trapiche formation.I will try to post the photo soon. Any info if it can be considered rare?Also a question what trapiches are more rarer and how much highest price would a very rare trapiche fetch???
Thanks

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would try one of the gemology forums for something as specific and unusual as that. You may get some answers here, but there are more experts over there.

Vismay Zaveri

Rough_Rock
Hey I am kinda new to pricescope and am just kinda confused.anyways here are the pics of the corundum i was talking about. Do help me If you can.

100_80593.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I've only seen pictures of trapiche emeralds. Interesting looking stone, but could just be a weird form of twinning for all I know... sorry, can't really help. I know they're rare but no more than that.

These are way beyond my knowledge. Try Gemology Online and you'll get a load of people who'll reply. The only people here who might have a clue are there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results