shape
carat
color
clarity

Tragic situation and 3 amazing cats need a loving home(s).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is with great sadness I post this but I just don't want to leave any stone unturned because these wonderful cats deserve a chance to be in another loving home during their senior years.

My friend is dying from brain cancer and is going to hospice soon. I don't know exactly when but it will be sooner vs later. She has 3 sweet cats with tons of personality who she raised from birth. They were all part of the same litter and these cats have never known anything but love and comfort and safety. They are truly wonderful cats who are about 12 years old now.

My friend is not in any shape to find homes for them and so far I have not been successful either. I have contacted all the animal rescue groups I know and have networked and contacted all the people I can and have asked them to reach out to the people they know too. But so far no luck and we are down to the wire.

I know it is a long shot coming here but like I said it is worth the chance because you never know who just might want to open their homes and their hearts to one or more of these sweet fur babies.

Presenting Zeke, Theo and Yoshi. They come when called and only want love and affection and are super easy going and very social. They are completely healthy with no issues. They don't run and hide when strangers come to visit and they adore attention and love and will reward you with lots of purrs and cuddles.

They are located in Brooklyn NY but I am willing to travel with them via car to take them to a new safe loving home.

Is there anyone who can open their hearts and homes to these deserving and wonderful loving cats?

zekehandsomebaby.jpg

theosohandsome.jpg

yoshiregal.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Tragic situation and 3 amazing cats need a loving home(s

Missy maybe a public FB page can be made for these three cats so that people can share and spread the word via FB as well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wish we were closer and had room. I am so sorry your friend is going through this. I hope you are able to find a home nearby and maybe her hospice will allow a visit or two. Sending hugs to you and her and loads of dust in hopes of a good home soon so she doesn't have to worry about them being loved when she is gone.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy - is there some way I can contact you off the forum?

I have some LT listings... Oh! I have lovely LLJ's info too, I'll see if she wouldn't mind passing my contact info on.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1473988477|4077191 said:
Missy - is there some way I can contact you off the forum?

I have some LT listings... Oh! I have lovely LLJ's info too, I'll see if she wouldn't mind passing my contact info on.
Yssie - Missy is on LT

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh how awful... that is so heartbreaking, for everyone involved. I'm like 4 hours away from Brooklyn, but keep us updated. I have a car and lots of room for kitties if it comes to that or a shelter (or worse).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1473990842|4077217 said:
Oh how awful... that is so heartbreaking, for everyone involved. I'm like 4 hours away from Brooklyn, but keep us updated. I have a car and lots of room for kitties if it comes to that or a shelter (or worse).[/quote

Yssie and Elliott, I sent Missy a text to look at this thread when she wakes up tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for trying to help.

Elliott, I have been thinking of you quite a bit lately. I hope things have been easier for you.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1473997299|4077250 said:
Oh how awful... that is so heartbreaking, for everyone involved. I'm like 4 hours away from Brooklyn, but keep us updated. I have a car and lots of room for kitties if it comes to that or a shelter (or worse).[/quote

Yssie and Elliott, I sent Missy a text to look at this thread when she wakes up tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for trying to help.

Elliott, I have been thinking of you quite a bit lately. I hope things have been easier for you.

Thank you. I'm okay, my boss has been incredible with my schedule and my family made a trip (a huge stretch for them) to help me move my stuff. I got a sweet little house and am trying to get my legs back under me. It's pretty much one day at a time right now. Thanks for checking in on me ::)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful cats, and what a sad story. I WISH I could take them all in! My husband is terribly allergic, though, and we are not in a position to take on any more living beings who require attention at this point. I hold all the hope in the world that these cats find a great home together so your friend can feel at peace about them. Best of luck, Missy!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:((

I shared, Missy.

I also like Pinto's idea to do a public FB page, if you haven't yet.

If you need help making any phone calls, etc. - please let me know.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1473998109|4077253 said:

Thank you. I'm okay, my boss has been incredible with my schedule and my family made a trip (a huge stretch for them) to help me move my stuff. I got a sweet little house and am trying to get my legs back under me. It's pretty much one day at a time right now. Thanks for checking in on me ::)

Glad to hear this Elliot - I thought of you a few times too, even though I don't think I participated in your original thread.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

Sorry to hear it. Try contacting local news outlets. This happened where I live only with three dogs and they had to stay together. It was on the local news and they were adopted shortly after!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Terribly tragic, I am so sad about your friend Missy. My condolences. Life is just really not fair sometimes and for us lovers of furbabies, I can only imagine how she feels about her furbabies ending up alone without her. Elliot has been very kind and generous. I am absolutely sure that otherwise with the suggestions here you can find a solution. I hope that they will be able to stay together too as surely they are bonded by now. This has to be the worst situation for a person with furbabies, the responsibility is too great to bear and she cannot help the situation on her own. Hope this group pulls together to make it happen that they can live out their lives safely and as happily as possible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for your warm responses and for caring.

Elliot, I hope things are going smoothly for you and given all you have been and are going through the fact that you are willing to help touches my heart deeply and has brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much.

Here's a listing you can contact me through.
It would be a dream come true to keep Zeke, Theo and Yoshi together.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/for-elliot-its-missy

Yssie, thank you so much and I just emailed you.

Pinto, thank you again. I am not sure how to do a public FB page but will explore that option further. I want you to know how much I appreciated you reaching out to me and if possible I want to find a non shelter/animal rescue situation so they don't have to live out the rest of their years in a cage. I know many of the animal rescues have foster homes but it is not an ideal situation and if we could find them a stable loving home that will remain the same throughout the rest of the years they have left it would be the best case scenario.

Thank you SonnyJane, I am not sure how or if I should do that because my friend is really suffering right now and I don't know how that would work re coming into her home etc. And I don't even think I could get a local new station here to care. There are so many tragic situations happening all over but it is a good idea and I will explore it further and thank you for suggesting it. I am open to anything that could help find them good homes.

Monnie, TooPatient, CJ, Sunstorm and Callie, thank you.
I know all of you would help if you could. Believe me if there was any chance I could take another 3 I would take these 3 because they are wonderful kitties. It breaks my heart that my friend is dying and the fact that her 3 cats have no loving home to go to makes a horrible situation that much more tragic.

If a PSer or a PSers friend(s) can open their home(s) to them it would bring her so much peace and comfort and it would be such a beautiful gift to her. And these cats so deserve a good home.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, I am so sorry about your friend. I can't help with the cats but I do hope they find a fantastic home and I'll pray that your friend isn't in too much pain and can find some peace during this difficult time.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

Missy, What a wonderful thing you are doing trying to find a good home for these cats and to help your friend. I wish I could help. I have 2 cats and 3 kids still at home and my house is full. I think that FB as well as reaching out to local news stations is a great place to start. I have seen stories on our local news and pets who need adaption. I have also seen sometimes online news places like HuffingtonPost feature pet adoption or pets in need stories.

I wish you success.

Q

Queenie60

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :angel:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1473998109|4077253 said:

Thank you so much for the wonderful update Elliott. This news put a huge smile on my face.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Missy--thank you for supporting and helping your neighbor. Such good vibes from you! :saint:

cheers--Sharon

Efe

Brilliant_Rock

Years ago, I had a friend whose friend was in the same situation. My friend found an animal sanctuary that took the cats, along with a very generous donation for their care. (Don't know if you friend is in a position to do a donation). They felt that the cats had a good chance of being adopted out, and for the time they were in their care, they were in a good environment. I found this one on Google, as an example. Love and Hope Animal Sanctuary: http://loveandhopeforanimals.org..

I am very sorry for your friend and very much hope this helps.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It really is heartbreaking that in addition to having brain cancer she doesn't know what will happen to her three beautiful cats. I hate the thought that her cats, at 12 years of age, will be losing your friend and possibly each other. I really hope all three cats can be kept together in a loving environment.

Its good of you to try and find a new home, or homes, for these lovely cats.

Please keep us posted on Zeke, Theo and Yoshi.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Missy, maybe a go fund me page?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much for your good wishes Sharon, Effe, Asscherisme, Queenie, Stephanie, December-Fire and Gypsy.
Effe, I am so sorry about your best friend. Life can be so hard and sometimes it is a nightmare. :(sad

My friend is very private and I found out she doesn't want me to do a FB page or contact local news stations or do anything beyond what I am doing right now so of course I am going to respect her wishes. But thank you all for the excellent suggestions.

There have been new developments and there might be a few families interested in adopting the cats but right now I have to give J some space and wait to get a better idea of her timeline re going home or going into hospice. But I am praying that these opportunities work out and we can find loving homes for her cats.

Thank you all for caring and responding and helping me save her cats. (((HUGS))) to all of you and I will keep you updated.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

missy|1474114664|4077684 said:
Thank you so much for your good wishes Sharon, Effe, Asscherisme, Queenie, Stephanie, December-Fire and Gypsy.
Effe, I am so sorry about your best friend. Life can be so hard and sometimes it is a nightmare. :(sad

My friend is very private and I found out she doesn't want me to do a FB page or contact local news stations or do anything beyond what I am doing right now so of course I am going to respect her wishes. But thank you all for the excellent suggestions.

There have been new developments and there might be a few families interested in adopting the cats but right now I have to give J some space and wait to get a better idea of her timeline re going home or going into hospice. But I am praying that these opportunities work out and we can find loving homes for her cats.

Thank you all for caring and responding and helping me save her cats. (((HUGS))) to all of you and I will keep you updated.

I can understand her wanting privacy. I am the same way. I think she probably also finds it comforting to have her cats with her at this point. She and you are in my thoughts and I hope you find good homes for the cats.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you asscherisme for your good wishes. And I am not going to take her cats away till she goes home to her mom and sister (who live very far away in another state) or goes to hospice. Not sure if she will make it home before hospice. It is a dire situation and I think there is not much time to find these cats homes but no one knows the timing for sure and of course I am praying for a miracle for her.

Sadly I had 2 potential homes who were willing to take all 3 cats but it didn't work out. One family lives thousands of miles away and the cats are too old we think to make the long trip. That family is amazing and would have provided a loving safe and wonderful home for all 3 cats. So sad they live so far. And the other home was only 4 hours driving distance and I am so willing to drive them anywhere I can drive but the husband said no more cats despite her saying she would take them. Next time I make sure both husband and wife are onboard before I get my hopes up.

I am not giving up however and will keep trying to find them loving homes. I so want them to all be adopted together since they have been together since conception and birth for 12 years now. Such a sad situation. ;(

Thank you all for continued support and help and please spread the word. I think anywhere I can drive them to within a day is a trip they can withstand so please don't give up on them either. I think the best chance of finding them all a good home is networking and more networking. Thank you so much!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Where is that family thousands of miles away, Missy?

Maybe they would be OK with several pits stops along the way? Like stopping for a day at someone's house. And maybe divvying up the driving with whoever would be willing along the way? Would take a huge amount of coordination, of course...and it would be stressful and a lot of work.

So not ideal...but just trying to think in case it becomes the only option. :/ Only because you're sure it would be such a great home.

ETA Also Missy - can you be specific as to areas you can drive them to within a day (like just throw out some perimeter towns/places from where she is) - for people who are not from the area, and I don't know maybe even from people who are, mentioning specifics might open up some ideas/people they haven't thought of.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock

Delurking again to say that Pilots N Paws, pilotsnpaws.org, is a wonderful organization that matches volunteer pilots to rescue organization's transport requests. Don't know if they handle requests from individuals though.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow Effe, that is a wonderful idea to look into.

Missy - if this is something that could possibly work I will definitely donate something to help make this happen.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Oh gosh Missy, this is such a terrible situation. We have 2 kitties and they are our loves. I totally understand how much pain this is causing you. I think someone else suggested a cat sanctuary and I was going to mention something similar, in the case you can't find anyone to take them in. We found a great cat "retirement" home in CA and we've included the info of it in our Trust as a back up plan should the primary plan no longer work for whatever reason. Our primary plan, should something happen to hubby and I, would be to have our cats go to my DH's Aunt & Uncle, only about 40 miles from us. But if for some reason they couldn't take them, our Trust would donate enough money to the retirement home for our kitties to be well taken care of for the rest of their lives. So, I'm not sure if that could be an option for your friend's 3 cats, but maybe there is something like that close by to you as an option. What a wonderful friend you are to her, I hope you find a great option for these 3 wonderful cats to live happily for the rest of their lives.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, I'm so sorry your dear friend can't take care of her kitties anymore. I wonder if they have retirement homes for kitties? Asscher_girl may be on to something...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results