shape
carat
color
clarity

Tragic situation and 3 amazing cats need a loving home(s).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Tragic situation and 3 amazing cats need a loving home(s

So missy, just so I'm clear...

When you say you're back to a local home does that still mean 4-5 hours drive distance. Or is it now more local.

And does that also mean flights of any kind are out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008 said:
So missy, just so I'm clear...

When you say you're back to a local home does that still mean 4-5 hours drive distance. Or is it now more local.

And does that also mean flights of any kind are out.

Hi CJ, thanks for asking so it's clear. I am willing to drive to bring the cats to a good home. Absolutely. As far as flights are concerned I would prefer that to be a distant option but of course if it comes to bringing them to a shelter I will explore any other option including flights.

Remember now we have an added development in that J is doing (most likely and we will know more this weekend as her sister is coming here) at home hospice. If she does remain at home her cats will remain with her until the end most likely. So not only do we need to find a good home for them but we need to find a family/person who will be willing to wait.

Thank you CJ for your continued caring and help!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK missy thanks.

And thanks for the update/reminder on the hospice - I think in general any family willing to take 3 oldish cats would totally understand the situation and be willing to wait, but you never know, so it's good to know everything so it's all out in the beginning.

Have a great day! :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Any luck?

Look at Wings of Rescue as a possible help.

You might also call shelters around the country to see if any good ones will help. We have one locally here in western Washington that does a lot with older cats and bonded animals. Keeps them together, very selective about adopters, no kill.
I am sure there are others around too!

Sending continued hugs and dust.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks CJ. Thanks Too Patient.

No updates as of yet. I haven't heard back from anyone else sadly. The best case scenario is if we can find a family to adopt all 3 cats because most (all?) the shelters here are just overwhelmed with rescues and simply cannot take any more.

I have not given up and since J is doing at home hospice (not entirely sure as that is being decided right now but it looks like she is) we have maybe some more time to find them homes and anyway we are not taking her cats away from her while she is at home.

Thank you for checking in TP and I will check out Wings of Rescue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Terrible update and I am so upset but there is nothing I can do. J has decided yes she is going home to Montana and she is taking Zeke and Yoshi with her and leaving Theo who she told a close friend might need to be put down. OMG. I just spoke with J and told her we will find Theo a home and she seemed very grateful but she is so confused.

So as of now she is taking 2 of her cats and leaving one and leaving next week. I am glad she is going to be able to go home since it seems like she wants to but what is going to happen to Zeke and Yoshi when she dies? Her sister is not going to try finding them homes there and I am certain that will be it for them. This is why I am so upset as well as the fact she is leaving Theo alone and was willing to put him down.

Of course I am terribly upset about what is happening to J and it is horrible news all around.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Q

Queenie60

Hi Missy: I am so sorry to hear this news. If she has a brain tumor, she could be very confused as things aren't connecting properly. Why would she leave one cat behind? Doesn't make sense to me. Can you contact her sister and have her explain her thoughts regarding the cats? I wish I could be of more help. :confused:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Queenie, thanks I appreciate just having you guys here to share this with because I am going out of my mind I am so upset right now. But there is truly nothing I can do.

These are her cats and it is her decision confused or not. She is leaving Theo behind because he is too friendly and always wants attention and he wakes her up a lot. Sigh. Yes he is too friendly. All her cats are terrific and friendly but it is Theo she is leaving behind and in the state she is in nothing she is doing is making sense. She isn't even coherent truthfully but you cannot blame her sister for trying to keep her happy and calm. And I am certain when J dies Zeke and Yoshi will be put down.

I have to concentrate on saving Theo.

I hate life right now.

Kristie, I am with you but I am more like this. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Literally I cannot stop crying right now. Signing off.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK seriously missy i was in the middle of posting in the NIRDI thread when I needed to open a new window and saw there was an update here.

I have no words right now.

Why would she leave any of the cats behind - but especially the friendliest one :blackeye:

You don't have to answer that I am just talking outloud. I just don't understand.

And you think the rest of the cats will be put down when she dies? How is this happening. I want to cry right now.

Is there not one person in that family that cares about animals?

Plus if she's not even coherent how is she going to take good care of them at all.

Just talking outloud. I don't think I even want to find out what happens.

:(sad

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ, I am truly sorry for starting this thread and for even getting involved in helping J find homes for her cats. No good deed goes unpunished is the truth and exactly how I feel right now. I apologize for getting you and the others sucked into this terrible situation and I thought I was doing the right thing. Reaching far and wide to find these wonderful cats a new loving home. She asked me to find them homes. It isn't like I took this on myself. She asked me too and then all of a sudden she changes her mind. The way it is turning out is devastating and though nothing is yet written in stone due to J's condition as it stands now she is taking Zeke and Yoshi with her and leaving Theo behind.

She is leaving her friends and everything and one she knows here to move back home to a family she visited once a year these past 2 decades. This is the second time any family has ever visited her here and the first time was just a couple of months ago. But I guess she finds comfort in returning to her childhood home and I don't fault her for that. But it is heartbreaking in a way I cannot even describe with words that she is taking 2 of the cats leaving one and the future for the 2 she is taking is bleak. There is no one who will care for them after she dies so to answer your question I see no way out for the 2 she is taking. I am just praying I can find a home for Theo.

I am so sorry CJ and everyone else in this thread. I truly am.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1474921853|4080987 said:
CJ, I am truly sorry for starting this thread and for even getting involved in helping J find homes for her cats. No good deed goes unpunished is the truth and exactly how I feel right now. I apologize for getting you and the others sucked into this terrible situation and I thought I was doing the right thing. Reaching far and wide to find these wonderful cats a new loving home. She asked me to find them homes. It isn't like I took this on myself. She asked me too and then all of a sudden she changes her mind. The way it is turning out is devastating and though nothing is yet written in stone due to J's condition as it stands now she is taking Zeke and Yoshi with her and leaving Theo behind.

She is leaving her friends and everything and one she knows here to move back home to a family she visited once a year these past 2 decades. This is the second time any family has ever visited her here and the first time was just a couple of months ago. But I guess she finds comfort in returning to her childhood home and I don't fault her for that. But it is heartbreaking in a way I cannot even describe with words that she is taking 2 of the cats leaving one and the future for the 2 she is taking is bleak. There is no one who will care for them after she dies so to answer your question I see no way out for the 2 she is taking. I am just praying I can find a home for Theo.

I am so sorry CJ and everyone else in this thread. I truly am.

missy

I don't for a SECOND wish you had not started this thread.

If for nothing else, for you to have a place to go to and ask for help and state how you felt and all the things that were going on.

And because we truly don't know what's going to end up happening. And we don't know if any of the feelers we put out there might eventually be needed in ways we're not even thinking about or expect.

So even though I wish I didn't know, no, I'm glad I know. At least I know I got involved, and that I tried. And that is what you did too, by 20,000 times.

I want to be here.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh Missy, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. If I wasn't allergic to cats I'd take the two that are going to Montana in a heartbeat. I'm in Canada and the drive would be long but not outrageous. In the meantime I'll put out feelers to see if there is anyone around here that could possibly take them once your friend has passed.

My heart bleeds for you as I know how much you love animals and kitties in particular. You are such a sweet giving woman and I know how much this must hurt you. Please take care of yourself. Hugs to you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy, sorry this heartbreaking story has taken another turn. I am sure J has so much on her mind she will often change her mind from maybe even hour to hour. I get her wanting to take some of her cats and go home; I might guess it is where she feels most comfortable. You have been very supportive of your friend and did your best to help her out when she asked you to find homes for her cats. Sadly so often no good deed goes unpunished but you are a good friend trying to help. Hugs to you.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Holy carp. Why won't the sister take them or try to find them homes? First they can't be moved long distance and now they suddenly can be (which it what I said all along) ?? This is just nuts. I hope someone finds a way to work this out so these cats find homes. I have three cats who will turn 15 in April and all of them are still going strong with no serious health problems. Two of mine still romp around like they are 10 years younger.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Don't give up. I know it is hard right now but there IS hope. At the end, if you can save even one, it has been worth it!

Find a place that does boarding in the area she is going to. Talk to her sister. Set up with the boarding place that the cats get dropped off when the time comes. The sister just drops them off. You pay and arrange from there. Easier and cheaper for her than having them out down.

Find rescues in the area. Same set up as above.

Fresh round of finding homes, but from a location closer to others and with cats who have traveled and may do well with even a long drive. (NY to MT is about as long as anything else you could find from MT!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry for the turn of events missy, it is a really heartbreaking and difficult situation and you are trying your best and doing all you can. You can't really control what happens completely here, J sounds very tired and very ill and I guess this is all just overwhelming for her right now. I was thinking along the lines of TP in trying to at least find a no kill shelter in Montana and ask her sister to bring them there if J's family isn't going to keep the cats or try to find homes. Maybe you could still try to find homes for them long distance. It might be easier to place Yoshi now since someone might be more willing to take in one kitty as opposed to 3. You were asked to do a very challenging task, and honestly I was a little worried that this wasn't going to go smoothly and it would cause you heartache. Please try to remind yourself you are doing your best in a very tough situation. Big hugs to you, I hate hearing that you are so upset and I wish I could do more.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy I'm kind of worried about you, I hope the not posting is just due to being busy, etc., and that you're OK...I know this situation must be tearing you up. :blackeye:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008|1475006512|4081351 said:
missy I'm kind of worried about you, I hope the not posting is just due to being busy, etc., and that you're OK...I know this situation must be tearing you up. :blackeye:

This.

I am still hoping for good news, but however this turns out..., just be kind to yourself. You have done your best to help.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy, don't be sorry for a second you started this thread. You did it for her, because she asked you. She asked you, because she knew she could count on you. You tried to fulfill her wish. Now she has changed her mind. All you can do at this point is be there for her, find Theo a home, and let fate take it's course.

I thought this quote was rather apropo.

The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares.

Henri Nouwen

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Marcy, Poodles4Me, CJ, Junie, TooPatient, Ellen, thank you for your caring and concern. Thank you for all your good wishes for me and for the cats. Thank you for your support and encouragement.((((HUGS)))). Ellen I love that quote by Henri Nouwen. Thank you for sharing it. It is inspirational.
Ada, thank you for your good thoughts for these cats (and I am glad your cats are still going strong) and your hope that it all works out. Me too!

It is looking like we have a good home for Theo so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. It won't be till mid/late October so just hoping everything goes according to plan and I will update this thread after it happens. I don't want to jinx anything right now. Yeah I am "stupid"stitious LOL.

And there is a chance at some future date that Zeke and Yohsi could be reunited with Theo so I am really hoping and praying this all works out in the best possible way.

Thank you all for everything. I seriously appreciate all of you and am so grateful there are so many wonderful caring PSers. (((HUGS))).

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Subscribed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update!

Long story (and it is a long story but I will spare you the details) short- Theo is now in his new home with an amazing couple and we are hoping for the best. He endured 9 plus hours in a carrier and it was tough.

A wonderful generous loving couple have adopted Theo and moved the flight plans up from mid/late October to yesterday just to make it easier and better for Theo. They traveled over 5 hours each way with a 3 hour stopover just to pick him up and take him back home.

Theo arrived late last night to his new home and he is understandably terrified but we are hoping he can adapt and that eventually he will be happy and feel secure in his new home. I am hoping he recovers fully from the traumatic and long exhausting trip and that he does well.

The couple who adopted Theo are amazing people who will give him a great life and hopefully they will be able to adopt Zeke and Yoshi when the time comes. Much of that does depend on J's sister and we just don't know how that will all go down but we are hoping and praying it eventually happens. We cannot control all of this situation so time will tell and please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers. Reuniting the triplets is a goal and would be the best thing for all the cats. It just won't be easy.

I cannot emphasize enough what a special couple these people are who are giving Theo their hearts and home and unconditional love.

Thank you all for your good wishes and I will update this thread in the future. Hopefully with only good news.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl:

So glad things have gone relatively well. Bless the couple who is going out of their way for the cat(s?). I pray all goes well with Theo, and that the 3 can be reunited in the future.

And bless you for being such a good friend Missy. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen said:
:appl:

So glad things have gone relatively well. Bless the couple who is going out of their way for the cat(s?). I pray all goes well with Theo, and that the 3 can be reunited in the future.

And bless you for being such a good friend Missy. :))

Thank you Ellen, you are so kind.

This couple deserves all the credit and if Theo is happy and well in his new home that is all I want. Just knowing he is going to be OK. And if they can eventually save and adopt Zeke and Yoshi it would be just so wonderful and I am fervently hoping it all works out.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I really appreciate it.

I want you to know I often think of your son and am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers and hoping all is well with your family.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That's good news. :) Hopefully Theo will settle into his new home in just a few days with no complications.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :dance: :appl:

Yay! Way to go Missy! Way to go amazing couple!

I am so very happy for Theo and looking forward to seeing the three together again. I know that is a little ahead, but with such loving and determined people I know it CAN happen.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy you are such a wonderful lady!!!! I don't think anyone can blame your friend at all she is sick and no doubt not in her right mind. Be persistent and stay in contact with the sister, stress that when your friend passes that you are able to take the cats even if it means an emergency dash for the people that might be willing to take them and have it lined up and planned in such a way that makes it difficult for the sister to say no.....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy|1475584809|4083469 said:
I want you to know I often think of your son and am keeping him in my thoughts and prayers and hoping all is well with your family.
I feel bad Missy. I know I told you awhile ago I would update his thread, and I have not. Mainly because I kept thinking, well I will wait til we do this/take this/go here, and then I will have more to tell. Such as life often goes, things have not gone great/as expected, and I guess I have not felt there was really much to say. But I do owe you an update, and promise I will soon. I have gone back to work part time, so busier than usual. We'll talk soon. Thank you so much for thinking of us. You are so kind. ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Ada, Arkieb and Too Patient and Ellen.

Ellen, please don't feel pressure to post an update. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of your dear son. (((Hugs))).

Theo is settling in very well thankfully but of course nothing goes smoothly and it turns out his new mommy is allergic. I am really hoping she can successfully treat this new issue successfully. As some of you know my dh is terribly allergic to cats and started immunotherapy around 15 years ago or so and he is now great around all animals including cats and as an added bonus his other allergies went away. But he still goes for maintenance allergy shots every month to keep the allergies in check. The cats can climb all over him and lay on him etc and he is A-OK. So hoping this is a good option for Theo's new parents. Fingers crossed.

Thank you everyone for your continued good thoughts for Theo and his new family and for his brothers as well. (((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results