shape
carat
color
clarity

Traditional Engagement Ring Alternatives

maybaby

Rough_Rock
I love traditional engagement rings, but I recently started looking at the stacked eternity rings and stumbled upon this....

diamond-engagement-ring-2.jpg

I really love the ring on the left. Could I get away with this instead of a traditional center stone diamond ring? My ring size is 5.25, so I think that this would still make a statement.

I'm not a very traditional girl so I think that this ring would really fit my personality, but I don't know if it would look funny.

Any thoughts? What would you think if you saw someone wearing this ring as an engagement ring? All of my friends and family have solitaire rings so I don't have anything to compare this to.

Thanks for the help!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that idea!!!! Very blingy and different!

maybaby

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! Your set is GORGEOUS!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Why couldn't you get away with this? It's your engagement ring...do what you want to and what makes you happy!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I agree w/LadyM -- wear what makes you feel beautiful. What would you do for a wedding band with it, though? I'd be tempted to use it as a wedding band & not have an engagement ring. Did the same myself, only mine isn't half as irresistable as that!

maybaby

Rough_Rock
Thanks LadyMaria! That's good advice. I guess friends are just so quick to give their opinions (good and bad) that I was unsure at first.

Jewel- I'm thinking of not getting another band and just using that as both. You'll laugh, but my other favorite settings are the Halo settings, so I keep bouncing back and forth with what I like the most. My boyfriend wants to surprise me either way, so I'm not sure what I'll get. Luckily he's fine with me offering ideas :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was a post some time ago and someone did just this. i like the idea so much that i'm surprised i didn't think of it myself for myself.

MoZo

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
When I was engagement ring shopping 17 years ago, I remember we looked at "unity rings," the idea being that you didn't have a separate wedding and engagement ring (we were so broke...we thought this might be cheaper). This would kind of be like a unity ring...so go for it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say wear what you like! If I saw someone wearing that I would it was a wedding band...or if I noticed it had a wedding
band up next to it I would think it was an engagement ring...it doesnt really matter what others think though (IMO).

*I* like the one on the right!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would try it on first to make sure you love it and then decide. But if you love it then I think it would be great as a ering/wband alternative.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear's right -- if you love it, wear it either as engagement or wedding ring, then get the other to wear with it (maybe w/the one on the right, though my fave is the left one). Or later you can get a halo ring to wear with it. I did that -- we couldn't afford an e-ring; my wedding band was a half-eternity; then I got another to wear with it later & after that an emerald & diamond half-eternity between them. Now, after donkey's years of marriage I'm going to set my beautiful Roger Dery blue spinel in a halo as an engagement ring. Better late than never! It's more fun this way.

Main thing is to be in love with it almost as much as you are with the guy!

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Main thing is to be in love with it almost as much as you are with the guy!

now that's the truth!!!!

MoZo

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely go for it! i know a few people who have a super blingy band as their ering and it looks fantastic, very classy yet non-traditional...

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
LOVE the one on the right !

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybaby-most of the time I only wear one band: a 24K gold wedding band (which is not my original wedding band). Why shouldn't you

wear one band...the one band you love? I think the ring you picked is simply exquisite!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Bruce Boone

Rough_Rock
Trade
maybaby|1292200554|2795199 said:
Any thoughts? What would you think if you saw someone wearing this ring as an engagement ring? All of my friends and family have solitaire rings so I don't have anything to compare this to.

Really it is amazing, mind blowing engagement ring . I am fully excited :twirl: after saw this beautiful structure of ring and it best to wear as an engagement ring.

palladora1

Rough_Rock
Hi, i am new to this forum. The ring is really awesome, perfect ring for the engagement,it will look beautiful on you. I have seen most of the people wearing only gold ring, but the trend has changed to diamonds and platinum's now. so just go for the ring it is perfect for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results