shape
carat
color
clarity

Traditional College Class Rings... where to find prettier?

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
We're looking for a **traditional*** college class ring. School name, date, (faux) stone, the usual traditional class ring.

Our school offers only one style of ring through only one vendor, and it's HIDEOUS. I HATE it. HATE!!! The design is repugnant.

It's not traditionally styled, and instead is more of a signet ring. I disdain it, and want something else that's a traditional class ring.

I know class rings are usually overpriced, but I want one that says the school, the degree, the year, and the usually cheesy graduation things.

Where can I find a prettier custom *traditional* college ring?

The only custom college rings I have found so far are very modern, either just plan silver bands that are engraved, or are for high schools only.

My school does not offer them through the major vendors (Herff Jones or Jostens), so I need to find another vendor that let's you choose any college and make a ring. I don't need a mascot, just the college name, degree, and year.

We don't want a custom diamond piece that signifies the occasion, but an actual traditional class ring that's ideally not obscenely priced. The tricky part here is finding another vendor that makes rings for any college that say the college name. The design of the official school ring is atrocious, and not something I would spend $1 on. A traditional class ring with a stone, school name, year, and degree I would spend up to a few hundred on for some silver ultrium basic ring.

Any good experiences in buying custom traditional college rings?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Re: Traditional College Class Rings... where to find prettie

I would suggest moving this post to Rocky Talky. Just hit 'report concern' and ask the moderator to move it. More people will see it there and be able to help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not sure if it will work for colleges, but I got both my kids' high school rings through the company Walmart carries for class rings. It cost about a third of what the school vendor was charging and you could put any school name on it.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006 said:
I am not sure if it will work for colleges, but I got both my kids' high school rings through the company Walmart carries for class rings. It cost about a third of what the school vendor was charging and you could put any school name on it.

Thanks. Did you get the silver or the ultrium? I actually got a (belated) high school ring through Walmart, and it ended up looking not so good. I got Ultrium with an antique finish. The antique finish wore off to a weird powdery metal color, and the school color enamels on either side wore off. It was cheap, at least. It lasted a while through 24/7 wear and filled my desire for a high school ring after years.
I should've gotten silver. Did yours last well?

krispi

Shiny_Rock

Over 15 years ago, I ordered my highschool ring through Balfour. Their website says that you can call the 1-800 number to place an order even if they aren't working with your school. You mentioned a faux stone, but for my high school ring, I asked what the extra cost would be for a real sapphire (my birthstone) instead of the standard (which I think was a spinel - not faux). They did the sapphire for me at no extra cost.

I opted not to get a ring for college, so I can't share any other experience than high school.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results