shape
carat
color
clarity

Trading in my 1.7ctw studs... am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
So I have a pair of absolutely beautiful 1.7ctw studs that I do love...but ever since I got my great fishtail huggies I am having a problem wearing my studs alone. I have 2 holes and I wear my hoops in the lower and my studs in the upper. Only problem is that the 0.85ish in each of the upper holes seems too big (if that is possible). But when I do not wear the hoops and just wear the studs in the lower holes they seem to have SHRUNK!! ARGHHH! So i don't do that much anymore.
8.gif

So do I buy a small pair of say .30ctw RSG's to wear in the second hole with either the hoops or the studs ?

Or do I trade in these studs and get a smaller pair @0.8ctw and a nice 5 stone ring like Kcoursolle's with .35-.40 size stones? Plus maybe still get a small RSG pair anyways just to have for fun?!?

Do you think I am crazy? What would you do?

A few pics attached.

BTW I just got this great camera its the Canon powershot SD850 IS and it is GREAT at taking macro pics! I highly recommend it.

studs 2.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
stud alone

studs 1.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
both in the ear

hugs ans studs1.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
last one

hugs and studs 2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, no, you''re not crazy if say, you want to do an even trade of your 1.7 ctw studs for my 0.8 ctw bezeled studs. Then you''d be...ingenious.
2.gif

I love your studs, want a pair in that size someday, so I can leverback those puppies faster than you can say BOO. I''d keep ''em...you may find that there are some occasions you want to wear them instead of your huggies. A smaller RSG pair would be good for your 2nd holes, if you want something to wear with the huggies. But I claim first dibs on that lovely 1.7 ctw pair!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
KT....I''d honestly hang on to them.

I know exactly where you''re coming from. Since I got my leverbacks, I wear those pretty much daily.....which means my .55/each studs aren''t getting much play.

But yanno, there ARE times when studs are better suited, and it''s good to have them. I ended up wearing my studs when I loaned my leverbacks to a girlfriend who was getting married a few weeks ago.

I''d give yourself a bit more time. You''ve only had the huggies for a short while, and you may find there are times when you want a different look. Also, they''d be much dressier for the right occasion if you were to eventually perhaps get .25 stones that drop, anchored by your studs.

If you find down the line that you just don''t get the use from them, perhaps that''s the time to recycle them, but I think it''s kinda soon. Maybe you could fashion one of them into a killer solitaire bangle! LOL

The .30 cwt stones for your second holes are a fab idea, but they won''t set you back much, so I''d keep em for a while. They''re beautiful, and I think you''d possibly regret making a decision quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results