shape
carat
color
clarity

TR-182 Tension Ring Photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello, Let me introduce myself briefly. I used the forums here a lot when deciding on what ring for my fiance and I to get. I fell in love with Gelin Abaci Tension settings and the few non-stock images I was able to find of them were on this blog. There is very sparse information (and even fewer photos) about them on the net (outside of your site here). So I wanted to give back and contribute to the information here for future buyers.

We got the ring from Mickey Roof/The Jewelbox in Ithaca, NY. We had gotten the opportunity to visit them twice there before deciding on the ring we chose. I had a great experience with them and recommend them completely to others considering Gelin Abaci.

The ring we decided on was the tr-182 style with modifications. 14K white gold, 6.5mm center stone, 4.5mm side stones (changed from 3mm diamonds). And most of all, NO pave diamonds on the band.

I thought the setting would be nice for others to see, as well as my review of Micky Roof. I hope this helps others considering tension rings.

1ring 030 [640x480].jpg

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
and a hand photo, for good measure...

I have TONS more if someone is actually interested...

1ring 094 [640x480].jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Ring, can you post a profile shot? I love tension set rings

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
Here is one on my hand...

ring 101 [640x480].JPG

strawbearlyjamms

Rough_Rock
Trade
and one on a white paper...

I was so excited to take photos of it on the day my fiance proposed, I didnt even think to wipe off smudges and clean it before photos... but hey, you get the idea... ;-]

ring 047 [640x480].JPG

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
wow! that is so kool (I don''t think i''ve ever said that about a ring before! It''s a good thing.. trust me)
Very pretty and modern looking! you did a good job!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring. Love the sleek tension set look. Makes you wonder how it all works, doesn''t it?

Thanks for coming to show us your ring and congratulations on your engagement.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! That is a COOL ring, very pretty!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love G&A tension settings.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is so COOL!!! I love the profile view, so fluid... congrats on your engagement and thanks for sharing the pics with us
1.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Love the profile.. I bet it sparkles like crazy
1.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with flygirl about HOW does it work? Just kidding! It''s incredibly beautiful and sleek. Thanks for showing it off!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
So pretty
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - I love how exposed your center stone is - it''s just floating! We''re definitely interested - bring on more pics! LOL!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Such a cool ring!!! Congrats!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That's such a unique ring! Awesome!! Congrats on the engagement!
36.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Congrats - the ring is beautiful and must maximize sparkle. I really like tension rings and wanted one but decided to be more pragmatic and go with a bezel since I''m such a klutz.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow, amazing! I love how the metal reflects the underneath of the two side diamonds. That setting really lets the diamond take centre stage, it''s gorgeous.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
GORGEOUS!!!

ad can I just say...LOVE that profile!
31.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That profile is amazing
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2009 6:31:19 AM
Author: beechezz
I agree with flygirl about HOW does it work? Just kidding! It''s incredibly beautiful and sleek. Thanks for showing it off!
There are tiny notches in the metalwork that the diamond slips into on each side then the tension does the rest of the work!

Fantastic ring strawbearlyjamms. I adore tension settings and love how the bottom of the central part of the setting is missing - really brilliant idea.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats! Your ring is stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
First of all, I LOOOOOVE Ithaca - I live about 45 mins from there. Lovely and peaceful place! My favorites are the gorges and Halsey House Bed and Breakfast
1.gif

Second, I love your ring! Very unique, clean design!!

Congrats!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I looooooove tension settings...
Your ring is gorgeous!!!! Any idea for the w-band? :)

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god, that is just STUNNING! You lucky girl, enjoy! :)

elisekelly

Rough_Rock
I love the side view! the diamonds are floating!! I''ve always really liked tension set rings, yours is very nice!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot to ask what are the stats on your diamonds? They are beautiful. And, more photos please! You might want to post a few in ''show me your contemporary rings'' thread.

All the best,

D.

torontogal

Rough_Rock
Post more pictures please!! I LOVE tension settings with their clean modern looks but I''m too clumpsy to own one. I''m probably one of those people that knock the stone completely out of the setting and not even realize it.......
face21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results