shape
carat
color
clarity

Tourmaline's year of Navajo turquoise and silver jewelry

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's hard to believe, but I've acquired all of these in the last year! I have pieces by Aaron Toadlena, Calvin Martinez, Albert Jake, Edison Sandy Smith, J. O. White, Ernest Roy Begay, Guy Hoskie, Sunshine Reeves, Ray Adakai, and several unknown (to me) makers. I enjoy this stuff tremendously!

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

And here's a group shot that also has a Zuni bracelet (bottom right) that my dad gave me when I was a kid.

IMG_0943.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One year??? You have acquired a stunning collection. More pics please:appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One year??? You have acquired a stunning collection. More pics please:appl:

Thanks! Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard.:lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is a great collection! I'm glad I'm not the only turquoise lover here. Beautiful and so different from the other types of jewelry. Very refreshing! Is the turquoise Royston or Carico lake? One ring looks like Kingman water web turquoise or number 8!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well that is a great collection! I'm glad I'm not the only turquoise lover here. Beautiful and so different from the other types of jewelry. Very refreshing! Is the turquoise Royston or Carico lake? One ring looks like Kingman water web turquoise or number 8!

I forgot to talk about the turquoise in my initial post, oops! It's all Royston except three pieces. The Zuni bracelet from when I was a kid has very blue stones, not sure which mine. There are two that were sold to me as Kingman, but they don't have dark webbing. Those two are the half-inch-wide cuff with one long oval stone set sideways, and the ring second from the right in the bottom row.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, those 2 look like Kingman. I've seen some without the dark matrix. I think Kingman turquoise is lovely! I just purchased a fabulous book a few months ago which really has helped me study all about American turquoise. It's been very eye opening because each type is really so unique. I love Royston for its water color-esque blue with green!
After reading the book, I got some Castle Dome, Morenci, and Number 8 as soon as I found them. If you're interested, I can post a picture of that book. There really aren't many inclusive sources of knowledge about turquoise types in America.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing, may I ask which is your favorite ring? Favorite cuff? And why?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really a gorgeous collection! And though all are special pieces, I particularly admire the greeny turquoise wide cuff in your first photo (bottom right) - thanks for sharing these beauties.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing, may I ask which is your favorite ring? Favorite cuff? And why?

Oh my goodness, this is a tough one. I change them all the time. The bracelet I wear most often is the simple stamped carinated (triangle wire) one, and I wear the thin Kingman cuff almost as much. As for rings, I have gone through phases of wearing almost all of them for several days, then switching to another. This week my favorite ring has been the smaller of the Calvin Martinez clusters (the one with the swirls).

And thanks for the name "Water Web Kingman". That's what it's called without the dark lines! :)

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
Hi. I love your jewelry. I’ve been looking to purchase some Native American pieces like this, but don’t know where to get them from. Are there any websites you’d recommend?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi. I love your jewelry. I’ve been looking to purchase some Native American pieces like this, but don’t know where to get them from. Are there any websites you’d recommend?

Yes, Perry Null Trading is good. I got most of my stuff on eBay. San Francisco House and Reddcrab (or redcrabb - I don’t remember which) are good stores on Etsy, in addition to Perry Null, which is both on Etsy and on its own website.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results