shape
carat
color
clarity

TOURMALINE OUTLET...DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a "paraiba" (rough) like 2 months ago from this seller..called the tourmaline outlet http://www.tourmalineshopping.com/id67.html
of course first thing I did was send it to Bruce for testing..came back negative for copper. Sent the stone back..not without hassle of course...decided to try and order a few other tourmaline rough here a few weeks ago. All VS to SI..got them in and they are crap..I mean..I have no idea how you get a VS grade or even an SI grade from there....I email him saying i want to return them and he writes me back saying "do not buy from me" that "i have no idea what i am talking about"..and
"WE DO OUR OWN CUTING AN WE NO WHAT TYPE THEY ARE YOU GOT A GOOD PRICE FOR SOME ROUGH YOU CANT EVEN GET
"..lol and then he sends me an email like 2 months after the fact with this "AND YOU FRIEND WITH THE SCOPE WAS WRONG THAT WAS C/B HAD IT TEST BY PAUL FINKEL WHO WAS WITH THE GIA FOR YEARS" so the pictures suck on the website, when you ask a question about a stone you get a vague reply, the customer service is about as bad as it gets. The tourmalines I got..I spent $350 and they are junk..i will add pics later to show you..I can get same stones off ebay right now for maybe $20 a stone...so BUYER BEWARE..maybe the spelling should have given it away
icon_lol.gif
..they sell cut stones also so just wanted to make it known..do not buy from them

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
look at this crap..supossed to be all VS or SI will VS area for cutting..I wonder how his cut stones grading is

crap tourm 1.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
more crap...hmm..don''t see even a good SI2 on this stones best day..

crap tourm 2.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
crap crap crap..then he wants to argue with me about it ..the worst customer service ever and i have dealt with hundreds of sellers..hard to be number 1 in anything..well this is number 1 worst in customer service

crap tourm 3.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you say, crap.
38.gif

Thank you for the heads up AMGuy. Most appreciated.

Hope you get your money back.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Picky, picky, picky. Why eye see all sorts of places in each of those stones where you could cut flawless gems....in the 1/2mm to 1mm range. You need to broaden your views about what facet rough really is, amethystguy. A microscope would definitely help...look close enough and you can find VS areas in nearly anything. What, you wanted to cut one stone ? Well you should have said something !
31.gif

I have a feeling that many sellers of gems, rough and cut, used to be employed writing wine labels. Many of them seem to be fruity and nutty with a hint of BS. Best of luck dealing with them amethystguy !

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I mess with lots of rough and i wasn't even expecting nice big clean pieces..of course..just something that would be halfway facetable...and you know what the thing is..i got these at 35% of the price he had marked..lol..imagine how much they were at full price..lord have mercy..I have I think 3 other piece..maybe 4..2 are green and they are halfway decent but only like 12cts each..the others are just as bad..now 35%..so thats $750+ for these stones..i would have paid..lollololol..sad so sad

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the warning Amguy.

BTW, I had a chuckle from the name of that store, "Tourmaline Outlet."
9.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if you saw it but they also have genuine Russian demantoid from Africa.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 7:11:09 PM
Author: Revolution
I''m not sure if you saw it but they also have genuine Russian demantoid from Africa.

Haha!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
wow.. thanks for the warning!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
guess what..refund check from this guy bounced

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH noooooo!!!
15.gif
39.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
says account was closed

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2010 2:55:44 PM
Author: amethystguy
says account was closed
Crap and %#$*&^!
29.gif
Those rough have nice colour but are not usable at all.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Amguy I''m so sorry. It''s so annoying, frustrating and blood boiling isn''t it? I''m guessing you''ve reported them to Ebay, Paypal and anybody else you can think of?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

That is just awful! I''m so sorry Amguy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your return goes smoothly!

I have a feeling that many sellers of gems, rough and cut, used to be employed writing wine labels. Many of them seem to be fruity and nutty with a hint of BS. Best of luck dealing with them amethystguy !
Hah! Snort.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing, check out my latest crap (spinel cab-ebay find)
25.gif

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
so sorry to hear about the bad experience though appreciate the heads up.

Looking at the site this caught my eye...

http://www.tourmalineshopping.com/id89.html

http://www.tourmalineshopping.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=560&linkpath=http://inhmx32kc8.site.aplus.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/0gg10.JPG&target=tlx_picvno3

http://www.tourmalineshopping.com/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=560&linkpath=http://inhmx32kc8.site.aplus.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/00ggg8.JPG&target=tlx_picwtw5

"COPPER BEARING
TOURMALINE

FROM BRAZIL

2.27CT

vs/si

NEON
GREEN/GREEN
BLUE

VERY RARE FINE

$10,000.00"

While I don''t know much about gems I can say the pics of that stone don''t impress me at all even for a tenth of that price...

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
you can''t find worse pics than his..
here is the response i got back after threatening filing a police report here in atlanta and contacting the district attorney in pinal county arizona
"sorry that my old address before we move to this part of az very very sorry i see my old address had to change banks because no wells Fargo close so sorry getting a check to you tonight will put in p/o box tonight so it starts moving Wednesday again very sorry i kept wondering why it has not shown up on my bank scene
plaes let me know asa you recv it you should have it monday morning "
we shall see...we shall see..did you guys see the russian demantoid on his site?? it says russian demantoid from namibia(or africa)..lolololol

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2010 12:17:52 PM
Author: amethystguy

you can''t find worse pics than his..
here is the response i got back after threatening filing a police report here in atlanta and contacting the district attorney in pinal county arizona
''sorry that my old address before we move to this part of az very very sorry i see my old address had to change banks because no wells Fargo close so sorry getting a check to you tonight will put in p/o box tonight so it starts moving Wednesday again very sorry i kept wondering why it has not shown up on my bank scene

plaes let me know asa you recv it you should have it monday morning ''
we shall see...we shall see..did you guys see the russian demantoid on his site?? it says russian demantoid from namibia(or africa)..lolololol
Amguy,
Is filing a police report and a complaint to the district attorney the appropriate way to get money back from a vendor in another state? I''m just asking for future reference, in case something unfortunate like this happens to me or anyone else (I hope not!!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results