shape
carat
color
clarity

Totally clueless about diamonds -need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmac

Rough_Rock
Wow ,I am amazed at how informed people are about diamonds. I am really clueless about the subject and need help. My 15 yr wedding anniversary is next year and I think I would like to purchase a new diamond ring. It is not an investment and I am more interested in size than quality. I don't have much money to spend ($2000-$3000 range) and would like the largest stone I can get, but I also don't want total junk either. Can someone give me an idea of what the minimum standards should be in shopping for a diamond? What should I sacrifice in order to get a larger carat size ? Ideally, I would like a round diamond of at least a carat in size. Also, I could not find anything about buying diamonds in the Caribbean. I've read alot about the good deals they have on diamonds there. I will be going to St Thomas next year but will only be there for a short time so I won't have much time to shop. Any thoughts on buying a diamond there?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions

thanks

Lisa :confused:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Stuff will probably be cheaper here than the Bahamas -- no matter what people say -- and you have a good chance of getting a bad deal.

http://www.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1040176&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=
1.5 carat for $3,000. But it is an I1 (imperfect).

I guess you can go for a carefully chosen 1 carat J/SI1 for $3000 in a gold mount if you want if to be nice. You have to go down to about .7 carats to get a really excellent cut for $3K.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
You can also buy a yellowish diamond and save a lot if you prefer that look over white. Something lower than J/K. As they get to be a more strong yellow the price goes up again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results