shape
carat
color
clarity

total depth percentage 61% or 63%?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diatan

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Fred Cuellar says never to go over 61% but AGS 0 includes up to 63%, (from my research on the internet)

Is going over 61% up to 63% as bad as Fred Cuellar makes out?

Thanks

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 9:39:46 AM
Author:diatan
Hi,

Fred Cuellar says never to go over 61% but AGS 0 includes up to 63%, (from my research on the internet)

Is going over 61% up to 63% as bad as Fred Cuellar makes out?

Thanks
no, it is not bad at all.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would add to belle''s answer, as long as it''s not drastically affecting the diameter.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s an exaggeration to say that Fred makes out.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
fred cuellar....search him on this site....he''s soooooo reliable..lol

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My personal rule is to stay between 60 and 62. However, diamonds with a depth of 63 can still have lovely performance if all the numbers are in line...

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Diatan - not if all the other proportions are in line (although I like lower than 63% depth because I don''t want all my weight in the depth of the stone! - his 61 or you are stepping off a cliff analogy is entirely too drastic and frankly incorrect) - there are a lot of angles in there - in a round brilliant you need good crown angles and pavillion angles, table size, etc - Cuellar''s book kinda of scares people (and in retrospect I think that may be on purpose so that you feel he is the only safe person to buy from) - Please take the time to read the tutorials section under the knowledge heading at the top of the page and hang out on PS for a while and you will get very comfortable with diamonds and be able to understand what you are doing - you will end up with an incredible stone with the knowledge you learn!

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
This is an interesting topic! I recently bought (thanks to PS) an enagement diamond with the following characterstics. I was a little gun shy about going over 62% depth but this diamond is an AGS 000, and in person it is incredibly beautiful and does not dissapoint in any way. It was a good price and weight and so its what I was looking for. I am very pleased with it! Its total width is a little smaller than a diamond with a 60.5 depth but its so minute it really is a non-issue, and since it is so superbly cut, it does appear larger.

Table Percentage: 54.63%
Depth Percentage: 62.42%
Crown Ú: 34.63‹
Pavilion Ú: 40.77‹

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results