shape
carat
color
clarity

torn between 2 diamonds!

gmtech167379

Rough_Rock
Hey guys I've been snooping around the forum for a while now and all the posts have helped me so much narrow down my results for the perfect ring to surprise my GF with. I've decided between 2 ACA white flash diamonds and was just looking for some opinions! It will be set in a semi custom vatche u 113 in platinum here are the links to the diamonds
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4045324.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4049793.htm

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d personally go with the G. I think it would be noticeably larger and is close to that 1ct mark visually. And I think most people find G plenty white and VS2 totally eye clean. I own F and G ideal cut stones and they are all blindingly white. So I’d go for the extra size myself. :p

gmtech167379

Rough_Rock
Thanks! My only reservation were the noticable inclusions on the G compared to the E and it being a vvs2. WF pulled the G and verified it was eye clean. Are those inclusions I'm seeing not a big deal?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the magnified video makes inclusions way more pronounced. And also unless your partner neurotically cleans her ring in an ultrasound every day, she’ll likely accumulate dust/fingerprints/oil on the diamond that would be more visible than these tiny natural inclusions. I suggest playing the video on your phone and then put the phone on your desk and back up until it looks about 6mm and see if you can still see the inclusions.

gmtech167379

Rough_Rock
That's a great idea! Do you think it will sit too high? She liked the dainty look of a 1.5mm band she tried on so I had them customize the vatche with a 2.1mm down to a 1.8. I had them leave it at standard height which she said was more of a medium. I worry it might stick up too high from her finger? Some pictures look perfect and others make me second guess myself ha

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this depends on you girlfriend but if it were me, I have strong feelings about what I like in a setting and I’d rather get the diamond in a cheap silver solitaire and be involved in choosing/designing the setting.

That being said most women are not pricescope jewelery hawks lol. I imagine your gf will be delighted with the setting you picked. Most solitaires are pretty similar in set height so “medium” was probably defined as it was because it was pleasing to the most people. So odds are you are ok :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results