shape
carat
color
clarity

Top Notch Faceting

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've fallen in love with his pieces and am hoping to purchase something from him at some point. His pieces are limited and uncommon, so this process might take months, even years. We'll see what develops.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is a bit older, but does anyone know what price range he is in? He is coming to my city and I don't want to make an appointment and then find out it is totally out of my league, which I sorta suspect.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I know this is a bit older, but does anyone know what price range he is in? He is coming to my city and I don't want to make an appointment and then find out it is totally out of my league, which I sorta suspect.

He's expensive. If you do a Google search, there is an auction event where he had a sapphire that was 2.36 carats and the minimum starting bid was $8,000. The sapphire ring that's posted in the beginning of the thread with a six carat sapphire, is 24,000 dollars. Yes, the setting has a value, but that's mostly stone cost.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! And that answers that.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea why a lapidary should cut a gemstone to lose light return and put in an intentional window. I can see how one or two of the gemstones above "may" look slightly antique but some of the gems (the first few in the thread) are just mind-boggling weird. All you see is the window (well that's where my eye goes to) and so it's not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CSpan I'm sp glad you asked about this. i've been wondering about his prices, too. Crazy!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@CSpan I'm sp glad you asked about this. i've been wondering about his prices, too. Crazy!

Ha, ha. I hate when there is no indication of prices and I am left to guess. I haven't been stuck in an extremely embarrassing situation yet but had to back away a few times.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results