shape
carat
color
clarity

Top company/jeweler for lab grown diamond purchase

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am sorry if I am out of the loop on this. Who are the best companies/jewelers for lab grown diamonds now days?

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on what you want. It's too vague. If you're looking for something simple or looking for something antique looking, or looking for a colored diamond, or looking for a step cut, or want an old cut.... It really depends. You'd have to be more specific on what you are looking for.

Junc80

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a jeweler that I can preferably walk in to any sizing of ring, clean and do rhodium plating, inspect prongs, have a good selection of jewelry in display for choosing should I ever want to purchase something, have great prices and selection of stones that satisfy people on this forum like me who will ask whether a stone cut proportions are within good parameters, etc. Lab created stones with laser inscription should I look for a ring and lab created stone without a cert should I look for an earring. I live in Los Angeles county. My wife and I prefer not to go downtown LA jewelry district no longer should there be anyone good outside of that area. That area is a bit further from home and parking is expensive and walk from parking to store feels now like a walk through the slums where you need to do your purchase quick and be on your way out unfortunately. I am still open to a jeweler in the la downtown jewelry district for any good purchase but would love one outside of that region for occasional walk in for cleaning etc. Thank you all for your recommendations from your knowledge. Boy did I sound so particular and appear to have hard to meet requirements

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so wanting a physical store you can go in is a tough one! I’m in NY so unfortunately I can’t help there.

I do promise you that the people on this forum can help if you wanted a top quality lab Diamond for the best price you’re going to see if they can definitely help you find something online with a return policy.

As far as a jeweler to set it and resize it and Inspect jewelry that i can’t help as I’m on the opposite coast, but I’m sure there’s someone from your area that posts that might be able to help !

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any jeweler can resize, inspect, and clean pieces.

Finding a brick and mortar thay can help with stones the way PS can is going to be nearly impossible (unfortunately)

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the recommended LA vendors are custom and wouldn't have ready stock

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I live in LA and have been to a few B&M stores so here’s my 2 cents.

No B&M store will let you be as picky as PS. They only have limited in store stock, and many don’t believe in all the angles. There’s a trade person here (don’t want to tag the wrong person) who is a respected PSer who also advocates for use of eyes. IRL. So understand that when going into B&M stores. They have a wealth of knowledge which isn’t based on internet information, and they are rightfully proud of their skills.

I won’t list stores I don’t like. But here are two I have been to multiple times.

J&R Diamonds 15053 Ventura #103 in Sherman Oaks is lovely. I haven’t purchased stones there, but I’ve used them for repairs, replaying, resizing and resetting and such. Eileen and Somi and the other gal who always wears a hat are amazing. The guys in the back always do great work, but under and I haven’t been going to them for generations. Only the past 6yrs or so sporadically.

I’m the Diamond District I had my cushion purchased from Brian Gavin set by Sam Chamsi at Diamond Center, 607 S Hill #300. I think David Klass is on that floor - definitely in that building. Sam and his wife are lovely. They *might* be willing to consult and purchase diamonds you see online. And she *might* be willing to keep to PS criteria. Thing is, they ultimately need to make sales, and I imagine a 2-person small business can only pour so much time into customer service.

He completely understood the deign I wanted. They let me corpse their selection. He truly has beautiful stacking designs. They will also give you good parking advice.

The LA Diamond District can be a carnival ride. But it’s fun to browse! That 607 building is full of wonderful vendors, but as all vendors, they will be overpriced. However, as an informed consumer, some vendors will be accommodating.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for a modern round brilliant, I honestly would just purchase directly from Whiteflash or BG (lab certified stones), or if you don’t mind paying more of a premium for certain fancier cuts, Distinctive Gem or JannPaul. if you want to be able to stretch your budget more, I would look at loose growndiamond.com and ask knowledgeable folks here to help you choose a good one. And then I would choose a local jeweler to actually make your pieces for you. I think in most instances it just makes a lot more sense to buy the stone online. You will get much better quality. I have found it impossible to engage in the type of analysis that I expect here, at a brick and mortar store.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results