carat
color
clarity

Top color amethyst concave cut from Brandberg Namibia

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Really..it is top color...som says I the amethystguy :praise:
(sorry about big fingerprint on the table in the photos) :((
I need to sell this 4.60ct concave cut Namibian amethyst ASAP to help keep my mining ventures afloat. Well, that and it helps to pay the rent and insurance. Rough was picked up in person by my good friend of 4 years who also supplies me with amethyst from time to time. In a world where some estimates say 70% of all quartz is synthetic it's refreshing to know that this gemstone was cut from fully formed crystals with euhedral faces. That and the fact it has inclusions, that can be seen with 50x scope, of hematite globules.

It has a decent amount of extinction due to the rich color and cutting style(concave).

It's calibrated to 12 x 12 x 7mm which could account for the extinction with the concave style of cutting. You don't see many amethyst cut concave in the first place.
The color flashes wonderfully and it lacks the bad tilt window that plagues so many amethyst. It still has one but not very pronounced.
The color is deep purple with good secondary blue.
I was given this stone for $400. This is retail since the seller didn't want to part with it. I need to sell it so will take a loss...which I am not really considering it a loss since you never sell your stone for what you paid for it(retail prices mind you)
I have it up on ebay now with best offer...please feel free to make an offer because you might be surprised. If an established member of Pricescope buys the stone I will toss in a matching pair of Brandberg amethyst as well.
They are .40cts each and round cut (.80tcw)
I also have one calibrated 1.60ct concave cut trillion from Brandberg Namibia. 7 x 7 x 5mm I have not put it up on ebay yet so if you don't see it make sure and inquire aabout it
make an offer and I just may accept.....

Here is my girl's Brandberg you may recall me posting. It's second best to the 4.60ct....just so you know....

3-2-p5190313.jpg

2-5-p5190318.jpg

1-1-p5190314.jpg

1-3-p2210271.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barrett,
I've dropped you an inquiry.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your selection of other items! My brother had all of the Masters of the Universe toys!

The ammy is amazing too. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results