shape
carat
color
clarity

Top 10

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
If you are on the top 10 of the waiting list, I am curious how long you've been in the top and when you think a proposal will be coming. The list moves so much faster when you're closer to the bottom of the list, but once you get to the top ten, it's like a freeze. I'm at number 8 right now and have been in the top 10 for a while. I feel kinda guilty for being at the top and knowing that a proposal isn't coming anytime soon. When I jointed the Ladies in Waiting list, SO and I were actively talking about getting engaged by the end of the year (2008.) Then SO went back to school and engagement kinda took a backseat. It's mostly due to money, but it's frustrating at the same time. This year I decided to go back to school as well, so now we're both low on money, but I still wish that SO would at least be interested in getting engaged. Instead I feel like he avoids the subject. I've found no evidence that it is even on his mind. We both graduate with our Masters degrees summer of 2011. I do have a feeling that a proposal could be very feasible by the end of next year. I hope to not take up too much time in the top 10 after that.

What about the rest of you?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hi mw! I'm a top 10er, I hit the top 10 a few months ago I think? I don't really remember...no proposal as far as we can see at the moment. We, similar to you, are still trucking along in school and had always said we'd finish x things before taking that step, and those things have been finished yet. I'm comfortable with the decision, and so is he. You're right, once you get towards the top, it moves hella slow. Don't feel guilty, you're going to marry him someday, yes? If so, you are a LIW, just for longer...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im hoping to be off the list sometime before the middle of next year. That is unless i decide we should blow all our savings on travel again, which i might just do...I had thought we'd possibly even sneak in a ring this year, but then decided to go to Ireland instead :bigsmile: so it waits again!

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
I've been here a while and now I'm #5. My BF was really, really ill for quite a while and things were pretty rough, so I knew nothing would happen quickly as far as getting engaged. We're just now getting him on his feet physically, and getting our act together financially. I think it will probably be coming by the end of the year. Lucky thing I have pretty cheap tastes in e-rings :tongue:

I learned through this whole ordeal that the most important thing is to be happy and healthy together. Marriage is just a piece of paper - in my heart he's my husband already.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i had made it all the way to #3 when i had myself removed from the list. my boyfriend and i were having a lot of issues and i thought it would be better to remove myself from the list and focus on working on my relationship.

my SO and i have been together since 1/07
i was added to the list: 9/07
i removed myself from the list: 11/09

i'm waiting until i know that the proposal is pretty close to ask to be put back on the list. we went through a ROUGH few months but things have been better than EVER this year. :love:

i'm thinking i'll be asking to be put back on the list spring next year. *fingers crossed*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results