shape
carat
color
clarity

Too similar? Please give your input.

petitesweetmom

Rough_Rock
Noob...need your awesome advice. Have a triple halo as my wedding band (ring on left in pics). Never paid attention to specs because the ring has incredible sparkle. And I receive compliments all the time. I decided that I wanted t get a right hand ring but purchased yesterday before finding this great and expert forum. 2 questions: 1) is it too similar to my wedding ring? Clearly I have a penchant for halos :love:
2) was my new ring (on right) a good deal?

Specs: orig wedding - IS1, J color, center stone .75, total carats 1.5

New ring: VS1, I, center stone .70, 1.24 total ct weight

Not sure about the cut on either. Both really sparkle. Thoughts? I realllllly love the sparkle of the new ring but think it may be too similar t my wedding band. Not sure I could find a better one w similar specs in an oval. I honestly didn't even realize it was a halo until I checked out. No haters please...I purchased it at Costco. :shifty: I paid just under 4K total. Would consider custom if I could get the same "large" look. image_252.jpg

image_251.jpg

image_250.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Welcome to PS. I think it is very similar to your ering. However, is that a problem? Like you said, you love halos right? As long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters. Enjoy your ring! It looks great on you! As to price, I will leave that to other PSers.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
To similar why not try something different unless you want matchy matchy for RHR

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both beautiful but I find them too similar. I know it's hard to find something different because we like what we like right, and you like
A 3 stone halo look. I suggest maybe you go with a plain 3 stone.
I think that would be different enough.

What about something that looks less like an engagement ring like
A large 5 stone or maybe an eternity band?

petitesweetmom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! Greatly appreciate it. I just can't make up my mind and the firey sparkles have me hooked. Thankfully Costco has a great return policy so I don't have t decide right away.

Travelgirl that is a beauty!! But I noticed it isn't certified...I thought that was a no no. Have you purchased from T&H before? Have u seen that style with emerald cut center stones? There was one I really liked in that style but no mil grain and had emerald cuts...it was a Simply Vera at Kohls so the diamonds were horrendous. I have tried searching the net but can't find anything. I like the halo gong all the way around the center stones in one loop. JA has a similar setting but I think you could only get it with rounds...and the setting apne is over 3k.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are very pretty, but they are too much alike. You are consistent in what you like, though! But I wouldn't spend the money on basically the same ring for the other hand.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
They seem very similar to me too! Your rings are both lovely though! :wavey:

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I have purchased from T&H. One ring is certified, the other is not. When the stones are under .50 carats, I typically don't worry as much about certs, but others may disagree. Have you seem the tiffany circlet ring? The center diamonds aren't large, but good finger coverage. If you like it, you can find them second hand for $3-$3500. What's your budget?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results