shape
carat
color
clarity

Too much time to think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
I have decided that my relationship with pricescope is like this:
I love to hate it!

As most of you, I have learned to want more and more out of a diamond (consequently increasing the price).

While Jonathan @ GOG is basking in the warmth of TX, and the diamond I put on hild sits back in the NY cold, I sit in tropical Singapore reading all of the posts from the previous day while most of you sleep through my last night.

I have this ring on hold with GOG while I look for the setting. Recently, I have started worrying that I was getting too much clarity, and not enough color (or lack thereof) for the money.

I have also started to worry that the Brilliancescope scintilation score is only on the border of High and Very High (though I know to take BS results with a grain of salt...thus the acronym, BS
naughty.gif
)

Can you guys help with some feedback. Let me know what you think. I am not in a HUGE rush. I still have about 2 months total, and I know Jonathan will work with me to find something else if I need to. I just know that if I think too long about any stone (within my budget), I will always end up finding something that I would like to change...

So, thanks Leonid for making my life so much harder, while educating me!
wavey.gif

Stu

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a beautiful stone Cowboy! Jonathan is good people! He is very careful in his selection of the diamonds that he chooses to sell, you're in good hands... And keep in mind we're saying this as one of his primary competitors!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will almost always find something you like better, that seems to be the nature of this beast. But it does not mean you don't have a winner there. I didn't look at the stone, but Jonathan hand picks his stuff, so it's probably a charmer.

Don't overstress yourself out. I did the same thing...you tend to look look look and then when you make a decision you stress out over if it was the right one or not. We get so into minute details on this forum (cutnut calls us anal!)--but in reality, chances are most of the diamonds you compare between will only have a small visual difference from one to the other, esp if they are all high quality. it's like comparing 4 superbcerts..or 4 ACA's or 4 H&As with all similar light return, scint etc. How do you make the final decision between such similar stones?

Go with your gut and then relax because chances are you made the right decision. If for some reason the diamond turns out to be a dud, make sure you have a good return policy to back you up. Good luck!
1.gif

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that advice Mara,

It's nice to know that I am not the only one with these feelings. I do have a great return policy. Jonathan has been nice enough to give me 30 days from when I get back to the states (since I am away for now), instead of 30 days from purchase. And there is always the lifetime upgrade.

Just give me a shot of whiskey and let me be back in the same country as my girl, and things should be just fine!

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results