shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Too much pressure

Discussion in 'Proposal Ideas' started by MarlonN, Nov 21, 2016.

1. MarlonN
    Rough_Rock

by MarlonN » Nov 21, 2016
    I don't know if ladies truly appreciate the amount of pressure that a guy goes under in order to pull off the best proposal he can, and how they worry about being able to create a unique memory for their chosen one - but I'm hoping that in the future we'll see more ladies proposing instead. What do you feel about that?

2. elizabethess
    Shiny_Rock

by elizabethess » Nov 23, 2016
    It depends on the individual lady, of course! Some ladies love a romantic swoon-fest and MORE POWER TO THEM, and bless the partners who give them a big production. And let's be honest, some men do actually enjoy creating the big production! Then there are some ladies (like me! :wavey:) who have zero interest in a grand proposal.

I found out, after the fact, that my husband had initially planned a very grand proposal, that involved a series of clues that would start with a card left on my car after work and lead me home, then eventually to the spot of our first kiss, where he would be at the end of a candlelit path on bended knee. He actually got so worked up and nervous about it the night before he was going to propose that he couldn't sleep and ended up getting a terrible migraine the next day and didn't follow through.

After talking to me more and really listening to me he realized that MY perfect proposal was to simply be honestly and sincerely asked during a quiet moment between the two of us. He was putting pressure on himself to create floof and drama that really wasn't my thing. So a day or two later he just came up behind me in his kitchen and popped down on one knee.

I still have a box with all his clues and the candles and stuff. It's sweet, but I am so thankful he changed plans! :lol:

3. MarlonN
    Rough_Rock

by MarlonN » Nov 24, 2016
    Reading through your post, I couldn't help recalling the one episode on Desperate Housewives (Don't say it, I know...) where Lynette's husband Tom tried to do that whole 'romantic' leaving clues and all that, and something went wrong and Lynette ended up stranded alone on a lonely road at night. I have to agree that sometimes simpler is better.

4. Jacquiemalta
    Rough_Rock

by Jacquiemalta » Jan 27, 2017
    I like to watch elaborate proposals on TV/youtube or whatever but wouldn't particularly want one myself, especially if it involved being the centre of attention in public. Not my style at all. You know your lady though so trust your gut.

Regarding women proposing, I know a guy who was proposed to and secretly felt a bit cheated out of his moment - he never told his wife though. I know he intends to "propose" a renewal of their vows after 5 years of marriage.