shape
carat
color
clarity

Too much? Overwhelming?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to get your opinions on these jewelry ideas. My wedding dress is ivory with gold detailing, and I bought a vintage cameo pendant for my necklace to go with it. Here's the cameo:

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/jewells/item/J-1429

Was thinking that I like this bracelet to go with it all:???: http://www.rubylane.com/shops/diversevintage/item/RLL-8373

(Sorry, the rubylane images are copy-protected so I can't post them here.)

For the bracelet and cameo, do you think they would go well together? Is the bracelet too much? It looks big, but it is only 3/4 wide. Also thinking about earrings. Do you think I should stay as simple as possible with this jewelry combo?

Here's earring set #1:

31wgT5MyhgL__AA280_.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
There are also these #2. They are vintage but was wondering if they just overpower. They're 3/4 inch. Also, I'd like your opinion on the color match between the bracelet and the earring choices. Okay? Bad?

Thank you all so much for your opinions!!

efa7_1.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
If you''d like to see it, here''s the dress:

c1863C_LL.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Love your vintage choices! I like earrings #2 better, actually. They're so pretty, and I think they'll really complement the vintage cameo necklace. The bracelet DOES look really chunky, but you're right, 3/4 isn't that much. It's DEFINITELY not too much together (I love the jewelry that the model has with your dress, and that's much more over the top). The only concern I'd have is the bracelet snagging on your veil or dress. Otherwise, I say go for it (definitely #2 earrings, though!).

ETA: I like the brown/copper colors together and even if it's not a perfect match, it won't be noticeable - I doubt you'll be walking around with your wrist near your ears.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Darlin,

That dress I believe is my all time forever favorite. It has so much to offer. The details are sublime.

The model image...of course she is an absolute beauty. Figure to match...lighting is so perfect...but they have pimped her ride with Way too much bling. To quote you overwhelming, indeed. I hate that they choose to do that because I don''t want you to get sidetracked and do something TOO much too!

Have you decided on your hair style yet? Give us more details so we can visualize the whole picture.

DKS

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...haven't thought about hair yet. I have really thin hair that works best in an updo. FI doesn't like veils, but I was thinking a vintage hair clip with a minimal ivory-colored veil would be pretty.

Thanks for your votes of confidence! I like all of these pieces individually, but since none of them were made to be together, it's hard to see them all on my dress!
1.gif

DKS- I'm so glad my dress is your favorite! Makes me super glad I picked this one (I know you know what I went through to pick it, and I couldn't have picked it without your help!)

Are there any other details I can tell you that may be helpful?

BTW, I posted a similar post in the "jewelry" section- wasn't sure which forum would be better for this topic-- so you gals can ignore that one!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the hairclip I was looking at (only $30!)-- again, there''s only room in my hair for one thing! What do you think?

HC16015023.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like the new bracelet on its own, but I''m not sure how I feel about it with the dress.
20.gif

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the replies! I think you''re right about the bracelet. It''s beautiful, but not quite right. I''m finishing up my deciding soon, because I have much more important wedding things to worry about, but wanted your opinion one last time.

1. Earrings with Cameo necklace-- studs or small dangly?
2. Bracelet-- 2 new ones, both better! Which do you like?

#1.

qPicture1.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
#2.

qPicture2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results