shape
carat
color
clarity

Too many dealer friends.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

illusivone

Rough_Rock
Hello All!!! I am new to the forum, and I want to tell you all how very much your posts and relply''s have helped educate me.

I have found the most wonderful woman! I have picked out a restaurant in which to propose, the chef is going to make a special pastry for the ring box...every thing is set....Except the ring.

My friends have been helping me, two of them deal in diamonds, and they''re trying to out-do one another.

One was going to sell me an EGL 3.5, H, I2 for 21,000 good cut,

but my other friend sait, "DONT BE A FOOL!!!" He said to stay away from EGL, he showed me the flaws in the stone, and two days later showed me:
GIA 3.3ct, I, VS2, excellent cut for 23,000, and told me it was 20% off the rappaport (his cost).

He said, spend a little more, get whole lot more....

It''s a great deal right??? And GIA instead of EGL.

This is the most expensive purchase I''ve ever made, I guess I''m looking for a little external validation, and you guys have given some great adivce.

Thanx
Dave

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
That's a huge rock.

I'm just a consumer, like you, but I'd ask your dealer friend for all the measurements on the stone. Make sure you get the crown and pavilion angles, nothing can really be said about the cut unless you have them. Then, post the details in the Rocky Talky forum on this site, and the experts will help you. You will also be able to get some information by inputting the measurements into the Holloway Cut Adviser, which is also on this site.

You should also read up on the tutorial on this site.

I don't know much about costs, but from what I read about the Rap prices...I doubt that is your friend's actual cost.

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I2??? ACK! In a stone that large, even an SI1 can be eye-visible. Stay away from an I clarity stone unless you are comfortable with her seeing the flaw every time she looks at her stone.

If I had that kind of capital I would seriously consider this stone:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/3_05ct_j_si2__h%26a.htm

(Nice little fireball, huh?)

...and get an amazing setting with matching band at the same time. This way you won't have to worry about matching the solitare to a wedding band afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results