shape
carat
color
clarity

too many bracelets??

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I know this almost a silly question for this group :naughty:
But today at work (I teach in a Middle School) one of my co workers commented that my bracelets were too much for everyday wear. This by the way from a gal who was ears to fingers in matchy matchy Brighton jewelry.
Just wondering what you all thought? The other wrist has my BGD DBTY and my solitare pendant is on my neck.

Elisa

sapphirebracelets.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you have too many bracelets Sweety + they are not too big. Everything is ok for me.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I think that's a lovely bracelet combo! I love the look of more than one bracelet on the wrist; it works for stacking rings, so why not have stacked bracelets?

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I was expecting to see a picture of bracelets up to the elbow! Wear your bracelets as you have been, they look beautiful!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Why don't you buy her a TV Guide and circle all of the Rachel Zoe shows for her? Rachel Zoe ia a fashion icon and I've seen her stack three or four times as many bracelets as you are wearing. If Rachel says over-accessorizing is "in" then it is. You look great--I love it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they are lovely, and people should mind their own business.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bracelets as classic as those? Not too many at all - they're beautiful together Elisa :))

Now if they all had giant heart Return To Tiffany charms... that might be too much, yes!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1321928662|3066510 said:
I think they are lovely, and people should mind their own business.
Ditto.

I would have had to bite my tongue from saying, "thank you so much for letting me know you disapprove of how I wear my jewelry. Is there anything else you want to comment on about my appearance?"

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Looks fabulous and extremely tasteful! Maybe she's jealous :wink2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that they look great! I very often wear more than one bracelet, and i think your co-worker needs to shut her sweet little mouth and mind her own business.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelets look great! Your co-worker is just jealous :mrgreen:

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
They look wonderful! I wish I had bracelets like that to wear so ditto on the fact that she was probably jealous. :D

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody must be very jealous... The combination of those specific bracelets looks very nice to my eye and not at all over the top... Personally, i'd continue wearing them exactly as you do, but i would stick to only one RHR and that's only because i can't handle more than one when i do anything with my hands...!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
They look lovely :)) I think that wearing multiple bracelets actually makes the look a bit more casual...

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to you all for affirming my belief. I thought they looked fine I love the look . My mom used to wear the two sapphire& diamond ones all the time. I added my diamond bracelet and really like the look. I think most of you are right. She is a bit :mrgreen:. Her jewelry is nice , good costume stuff so I know she appreciates pretty stuff! She was aghast that I was replacing my stolen engagement ring since it was not insured. She thought it was a frivolous waste of money!!! Diamonds are never frivolous, the way we research them here!!! PS I am going to see the Diamond District in Bonita FL today to see the Cads of my ring setting . I have the "paint" version done for me here on PS and can't wait to see the CAD with true proportions. You all are a great resource for everyone and I was so happy that someone was able to show me the bling!!!!
Elisa

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have had one child go through middle school already and one still in middle school so I have spent lots of time over there and I have seen many teachers with much more on. I think it depends on what type of neighborhood you teach in and what type of community. If its a low income area or area where the kids families are suffering from the recession it might be a bit much. If its an upper middle class to wealthy area I think you are just fine.

Pretty bracelets by the way.

If I saw a teacher wearing what you are wearing, I would not think twice other than to think they were pretty.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1321926190|3066479 said:
I think that's a lovely bracelet combo! I love the look of more than one bracelet on the wrist; it works for stacking rings, so why not have stacked bracelets?

+1 I love the look of stacked bracelets!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have lovely bracelets Elisateach! I love them all!! I agree - I think your coworker is jealous :Up_to_something: You have a beautiful collection of 3 that work perfectly together - enjoy and wear them with much happiness and pride! :praise:

I have 4 Pandora bracelets and at the most, I'll wear 2 together just because they become noisy and they are also heavy! (who knew??)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The amount of jewelry you wear has nothing to do with your ability to teach and motivate the students. Your co-worker is jealous. I say wear and enjoy those beauties!

Blue-Seeker

Shiny_Rock
MizNina|1321958604|3066703 said:
They look lovely :)) I think that wearing multiple bracelets actually makes the look a bit more casual...

+1
Your bracelets look very tasteful to me. When I opened this thread, I expected to see a jangle-ly charm bracelet with bangles. I mean, if your bracelets were noisy, that might be a valid complaint. But what gall to complain about the number of bracelets you are wearing! She should mind her own Brighton business.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
The stacked bracelet look is not my personal style but I certainly wouldn't judge anyone else if it was theirs! I think your bracelets are lovely...wear them and enjoy them!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look!

I don't think you have too many bracelets on, I think your coworker just has too many unsolicited opinions!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Venice|1321926563|3066487 said:
I was expecting to see a picture of bracelets up to the elbow! Wear your bracelets as you have been, they look beautiful!

Exactly my thoughts. The way you`re wearing your bracelets now is beautiful and very tasteful. I generally wear at least 3 bracelets together myself though, so I may be a bit biased ;)) .

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I think your bracelets look beautiful.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621 said:
mrs jam|1321926190|3066479 said:

+1 I love the look of stacked bracelets!

Ditto!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1322072934|3067781 said:
I love the look!

I don't think you have too many bracelets on, I think your coworker just has too many unsolicited opinions!

+1. I think they look lovely :)

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Matchy-matchy Brighton from ears to wrist? Uh, yeah, she's clearly jealous.

queenofbluenile

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Just don't get robbed with all that bling on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results