shape
carat
color
clarity

Too good to pass up.. specs on my new antique cut cushion from ERD!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Sorry no pictures yet!!! (yeah I hate that too lol) I am just too excited to keep it to myself... I am super thrilled right now and its all still a blur.

Here''s the story and testimonial: PS is wonderful and I would have never known where to go if I didn''t spend my days drooling on here!! So, my BF decided it was time to start browsing at diamonds. For months and months I was feeding him information and showing him pictures... basically nagging him to death lol Then I stayed quiet for a month and forget about it and BAMmmm he comes around out of the blue saying lets go looking. My BF has a jeweler he knew who could get diamonds wholesale and is a family friend so I was willing to talk to him (when really in my head I was screaming I want a chunky cushion and Mark T is the King!) haha

Long story short, I convinced my BF that I know there are better prices for the stats/budget we were looking for than what his friend of the family had shown us. So we set an appointment for today after work to meet with Mark T at ERD. First I had a little disappointment when Mark thought we were scheduled for 6 when it was really for 7 but it all worked out. Mark T is truly a superb guy... very genuine.. doesn''t try to pressure you or to make the final sale. He taught us what to look for between the selections of 3 cushions he picked for us. My requirements for a budget of 9K, Chunky faceted cushion, G-H color and 1.50ct. Well he nailed all our requirements and stayed well within our budget. I guess I might have like to see a few more choices but I think these babies were selling fast in the past couple of days from what he seemed to imply.

The choices were between one 8 faceted Old Mine Brilliant G-SI1-1.50ct and two 4 faceted H-VS1-1.53 and VS2-1.5 Cushion Brilliants (not modified) there is a difference! Right away I could tell the Old Mine was more alluring to me and had the brilliance that I really wanted. A close second was the H-1.53 which was pleasing to my eye but didnt hold the wow factor. The middle one as I call it was the H-VS1 which color showed more tinted to me than the others (while still a great choice) but just not for me. I knew that my BF was taken by the Old Mine cut too bc he kept looking at it and saying how surprised he was by that one compared in look to the other two. Its something about those 8 facets that just lights it up and makes it sooo dilectable!!! It was truly a great find we couldnt pass up so my BF put a deposit and now its OURS!!!! Well soon it will be when we pay the full amount in the near future but basically it is ours!!
36.gif

I want to thank PS and Mark T for being an excellent guy! He had another appointment after us and we ran a little late as it was so we didn''t get pictures just a copy of the GIA cert. I emailed him to see if I could get some so I hope he sends me some!! I''m not sure he does that though or not. I feel like there is so much more to say about the whole experience but I think its went on long enough.

So without further ado......

Old Mine Brilliant (Cushion)
Measurements: 6.67x 6.48 x4.46mm
Carat: 1.50
Clarity: SI1 (not that I could see and I asked if it were eyeclean to which he said yes)
Color: G
GIA Polish: Excellent
GIA Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments:
Pinpoints are not shown (what does this mean?)
Crown angles are greater than 40 degrees

Depth: 68.8%
Table: 54%
Thin-extremely thick (faceted)
large cutlet

I know its hard to tell from just the specs but it is a beauty!!! Soon I will post pictures if I can get them!! Any comments are welcome :) I''d like some more expert advice about this diamond from an outside perspective.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Woohoo! Super exciting! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for being the first to reply here! lol I know its a bummer w/o pics yet but I promise to post them soon to come and I am thinking of doing a custom idea I have for a ring! yay

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see it. Super awesome story!
36.gif

I'm sure he'll email you pics and the GIA. Wow, 1.50.... total rock, baby!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks miss debby! I''m so glad it was easy to find what we(I) was looking for and I am so excited to see it again! Gonna have to wait til after the 19th for the paperwork since Mark will be out of the office til then so no biggie. I just miss the sparkle already
3.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dawnabee, In the comments when it said "Pinpoints are not shown" I would believe that this might be the type of inclusion your stone might have, ( IMO ). These are usually very VERY hard to see, if you can at all. My 2.01 has some pinpoints as well does my new studs.

I''m totally excited about seeing your cushion. But the specs it sound really amazing.
1.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the clarification Sparklenut! When I looked in the loupe I didnt see anything and I looked at it by the window and under a light so I''m pretty confident now about it! yay for cushions!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 3:50:53 PM
Author: dawnabee
thanks for the clarification Sparklenut! When I looked in the loupe I didnt see anything and I looked at it by the window and under a light so I''m pretty confident now about it! yay for cushions!

Yeah, I can''t see mine either. Can''t wait to see your stone! So excited for you.
5.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story! I''m soooo excited for you and can''t wait to see pics of your cushion!

nosirrah

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, glad it all worked out and great story. Let''s see the photos
31.gif
31.gif
I''m sure it''s lovely!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Re: Too good to pass up.. specs on my new antique cut cushio

Thanksss everyone!! Sorry will have to wait for pics sinceeee....

Happy.. over the moon... giddy to announce that .....!!!!

We are going to go through with the Jbeg Sophie setting with pave (inspirations thanks to you Nosirrah), custom with 1.5 pointers instead of 2 pointers for a thinner shank better for my 1.5ct center stone :love: :lickout: OMG I have died and gone to heaven ... I love my BF!!!

Now its is waiting time... wait till Mark gets back on the 19th and see how we can ship the stone to Jbeg... oh man I need some dust with lots of patience!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh!!! How exciting!!!!! ***DUST DUST DUST**** for some patience!!!! You can do it, girl! And of course, don't forget to come back with some pictures when it's on your finger!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock

:wavey: Now I couldn't leave my post hanging, could I?? Nooo... only got one decent picture of my diamond (sorry for the smudges)! Its still my beauty and I love it!!!

dawnsg.si1.7-20.jpg

Of course when the ring is complete I'll start a new thread with a ton of pics! :bigsmile:

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock

It's absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: :love:

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock

Thanks vgirl17!!

Have to pat Mark T on the back for this one because its his expertise that got me this beauty :appl: Thanks Mark!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!: :!: :!: luv it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That diamond is seriously stunning!!! :love:

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

What a beautiful stone. Can't wait to see it on your hand!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks like a total stunner dawn :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Drool worthy for sure, it's gorgeous.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock

It's gorgeous!!!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Absolutely gorgeous!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

what a beauty!!!! i loveee antique cut cushions-- they are just SO incredible.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thats a gorgeous stone!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock

What a stunner!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock

Than you so much missydebby,laila, cemrn, yssie, lknvrb4,princessplease, yennyfire, oranges, tyty and chasiu!!!

Its so exciting :)

lmb2011

Rough_Rock
Trade

Yum!!! love it.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

W :love: W ! Cant wait to see the setting and hand shots!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

Holy Tamales!!!!! That diamond is yummy!!!!! I'm soo jealous!!! Congrats on such a beautiful stone!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock

Ooooooooh! What a yummy diamond! :love: :love: :love: Hurry up and get that sucker in a setting and on your hand!!! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results