shape
carat
color
clarity

too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Ok, I am learning a lot from this forum, so keep the feedback coming. I actually feel like I am getting somewhere today. Ok, I found another H&A, but this seems a little too good to be true:

1.423/I/SI1
depth: 61.9
table: 56
crown angle: 34.2
pavillion: 41.1
7.18-7.24)X4.46

$6250

Is there something wrong with this picture? Does anyone have any clue what the brilliancescope would be for this stone?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Who is the vendor?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nevermind. I read your other post. If it's *that* vendor, I see no reason not to trust their judgment. I'd call them up and discuss it and see why the price seems so low.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Hi, yes, I absolutely trust the vendor, I am going to call them tomorrow. I was just wondering if any of you experts could (just by looking at the stats) see if there is anything wrong with the stone. It is on a separate part of this companies web site, where they don't show all the pictures, and list the brilliancescope numbers (which is what I am wondering about it. Doesn't it seem really low?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/5/2003 6
6.gif
2:49 PM NagsHead wrote:

Ok, I am learning a lot from this forum, so keep the feedback coming. I actually feel like I am getting somewhere today. Ok, I found another H&A, but this seems a little too good to be true:

1.423/I/SI1
depth: 61.9
table: 56
crown angle: 34.2
pavillion: 41.1
7.18-7.24)X4.46

$6250

Is there something wrong with this picture? Does anyone have any clue what the brilliancescope would be for this stone?
----------------

Sounds like this may be a brokered stone that is sold through GOG but not one that Jonathan hand-picked himself? I'm not too sure how the brokered stone thing works with GOG, but there are stones that he has huge pages on with Bscope and all those results on, and then these other stones which are normally cheaper.

I ran this stone through the HCA and it only got 2.3 VG VG VG VG as opposed to something like 1.2 EX EX EX VG which is what I would be aiming for (and what those other J colored stones you posted most likely have scores closer to).

Also the diameter of the stone as you posted above looks a little small for a 1.42c..but not a huge deal.

This stone is probably a pretty good make, but not near 'ideal' or excellent, though I am sure if you called Jonathan he would tell you this himself! Have you been in touch with him to find out what other stones he may be scanning in or have to offer very soon?

1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check this one out:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1102954&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

1.48c I SI1 AGS 0 H&A (or so it says) $6100

Now that sounds like a deal. I would call up USA CertEd and see if they can give you crown and pavilion angles, they should be able to because its an AGS cert. Run it through the HCA, see what it says. Look at the cert, find out where the inclusions are, ask if the stone is eye clean.

-------

Also

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=1660018

1.42 H SI2 $6000 'Best Cut' according to DCD

This could be tricky but you get the H color..if the SI2 is eye clean, and the cut is good, could be a winner. Get crown and pavilion angles from this stone as well, the cert is GIA but they hopefully can get Sarin information which will have them.

NagsHead

Rough_Rock
Mara, these are both great stones! The first one seems unbelievable, but my setting is supposed to only fit up until a 1.35 full cut stone, I am pushing it with a 1.42! If not, I would probably seriously consider that stone you listed! I haven't talked to Jonathan, only Marie (who works with him). Tomorrow when I call I will ask to speak to him directly (have you worked with him before?).

Nate

Shiny_Rock
As Mara mentioned, the 1.423 stone you posted has a little bit smaller diameter than the average 1.4 stone. It should face up like a 1.33 stone, according to my fancy chart (which I shamelessly lifted off of some website
2.gif
).
1.gif
So I'd say it should fit your setting just fine. The diameter is what matters, not necessarily the carat weight.

mmToCarat.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nate that is a great chart! I just shamelessly saved it myself to my computer.

Nags..I haven't worked with GOG or Jonathan directly, though I have emailed with him in the past and he is a frequent visitor to the forum to post diamcalc sims, talk about his ideas, and answer questions. He's very dedicated, thats for sure!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results