shape
carat
color
clarity

too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

james

Rough_Rock
I have reserved a diamond on a reputable website (recommended here several times). The diamond was listed under the AGS stones with a link to the certificate. When I clicked on the link a GIA certificate openened up.
The price is quite reasonable compared to other GIA diamonds.

The same diamond was listed on Blue Nile as well so it must be a wholesaler listing. Am I getting a good deal due to a mistake in listing or am I getting suckered? Any advice would help for a (hopefully soon to be engaged) diamond novice.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
James, can you post more info about the diamond?

KTBee

Rough_Rock
Hi James - Can you provide the specs and price for the stone? I don't think anyone can truly tell you what kind of deal you're getting w/o knowing this information.

james

Rough_Rock
sure,

Price: $2000
wt: .88 ct
cut: ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.7%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Culet: None
Fluor: Strong
Measurements: 6.16x6.20x3.81mm

I was hesitent to list the specs due to my modest budget, I hope you can help me out now, thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
James,

Price sounds ok. Just make sure the diamond doesn't look cloudy or milky because of the strong fluorescence.

Otherwise, strong blue fluorescence should help with I color.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are getting alot of bang for your buck. It sounds like my kind of stone. As leonid says, check the stone in sunlight.

I'm a fan of blue flour; but, to offer a different perspective, another poster did not like the bluish hue one saw in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results