shape
carat
color
clarity

Too good to be true? Request for Advice

SeanK

Rough_Rock
In searching for a well cut (thick faceted) around 1.5 carat cushion with emphasis on light performance, I found this - http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.50-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-700465

My thought/wish/hope/dream is that the price is held down due to the Si1 clarity, I color, and faint florescence in what appears to be a really beautiful cushion diamond.

Now I think I shouldn't be worried about the above because the inclusions are well off to the side so it will still appear eye clean and it will be mounted as a solitaire in a rose gold setting.

Here's where you come in:

Is this diamond in fact well cut? Will it exhibit really nice light performance?
Am I accurate in thinking that the diamond's deficiencies won't be an issue in it's appearance/performance?
Would you buy it?

The guidance and opinion of people like yourself have gotten me this far in the journey to buy my first diamond. I appreciate the time you take to provide yours.

Best,
Sean

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look nice...it's going to have some leakage under the table...not uncommon. You need to request
and aset image to check on it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice. Very small amount of leakage in the stone. Should ASET out extremely well with excellent light performance, and is nice enough you can buy without an ASET. It's gorgeous. There should be no significant impact to performance from the small amount of leakage displayed.

Please put it on hold ASAP. There are a LOT of lurkers who will steal stones. You did a great job.

SeanK

Rough_Rock
That is exactly what I was hoping to hear from someone with a trained eye. Thank you for giving me the reassurance I needed to pull the trigger on this one.

Also, thank you for the heads up. It's safely on hold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results