shape
carat
color
clarity

Too all the rings I've loved before - A look back

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hey,
So last Christmas I finally got my dream upgrade. It was a long and winding road there though and I thought it would be fun to take a look at all the twists and turns!

So going left to right starting at the top:

1. My original ering, which hubby gave me 20 years ago. I adored this ring but wanted a change. I had the 3 diamonds made into a bezel solitaire pendant and a RHR set with a London blue topaz.
2. My dream ring was a cushion halo, realized when I went to upgrade that I didn't have the budget for the dream size so settled on this one (0.7). I did love it but there was lots of space around the center which drove me made so had it remade.
3. Next up was the remake, the halo was better proportioned but I lost a ton of coverage which I was not happy about so that went back for a remake.
4. The budget was not there for a bigger center so only way to get the coverage back was a double halo. I did like this version but felt that the center was lost in a sea of tiny pave diamonds!
5. Still wasn't 100% happy (bless my poor hubby!) but at this stage I was beginning to figure out what I actually liked V what I thought I liked from pictures so decided an oval would give me a bit more face up space and went with baguettes to have a bit more bling without the tiny diamonds! Also added a blingy wedding band! Loved this design and would have been very happy but the ring was not very well made, the center fell out (I found it thankfully!) and i also lost a couple of the halo diamonds! Was planning on having it remade but a flash sale scored me my last and final stone!
6. Finally managed to get my hands on my original dream upgrade!

Ok so that was a fun walk down memory lane, thank you for indulging me! Anyone else have a similar twisty road to their dream ring? Of mine below which is your favourite?

Lookback.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Don’t have pics of all my upgrades but would have made for interesting comparisons!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Clever thread and so much fun to see your path to your holy grail ring.

I'm not sure I have photos of my original ring, it was pre-PS, I'll have to dig around and see.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Great thread! Don’t have pics of all my upgrades but would have made for interesting comparisons!

MGR I'd love to see pics you do have! I'd say you have had some good ones!

Clever thread and so much fun to see your path to your holy grail ring.

I'm not sure I have photos of my original ring, it was pre-PS, I'll have to dig around and see.

Do root out ant pics and share!! Id love to see.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
So a quick part 2 seeing as I went down the rabbit hole of looking for pics!!

Once I got my dream ring, my other ones were all hanging around sad and lonely as I felt they were too similar to my new ring to wear together so I made a few little changes to jazz them up!

Original ering was set with London blue topaz
Oval was set with a garnet to remember my grandmother who passed a year ago. It was her birth stone.
Double halo was set with an emerald - no real reason just wanted a different color! :)

So I know have the oval and round diamond going spare looking for a setting!!! I plan on setting the round from the double halo with the 2 diamonds from the blue topaz to make a diamond three stone and no real plans for the oval at this stage! Maybe a moi et toi with the topaz??? My jewler thinks I am nuts but PS'ers will understand!!

Rings.jpg

Sparkly87

Rough_Rock
So a quick part 2 seeing as I went down the rabbit hole of looking for pics!!

Once I got my dream ring, my other ones were all hanging around sad and lonely as I felt they were too similar to my new ring to wear together so I made a few little changes to jazz them up!

Original ering was set with London blue topaz
Oval was set with a garnet to remember my grandmother who passed a year ago. It was her birth stone.
Double halo was set with an emerald - no real reason just wanted a different color! :)

So I know have the oval and round diamond going spare looking for a setting!!! I plan on setting the round from the double halo with the 2 diamonds from the blue topaz to make a diamond three stone and no real plans for the oval at this stage! Maybe a moi et toi with the topaz??? My jewler thinks I am nuts but PS'ers will understand!!

Rings.jpg

The double halo set with the emerald is stunning :kiss2:

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
The double halo set with the emerald is stunning :kiss2:

Thanks Sparkly, because it’s a a very similar shape to my upgrade I like that it makes it look like a completely different ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR I'd love to see pics you do have! I'd say you have had some good ones!

Do root out ant pics and share!! Id love to see.

Goes back 46 years to the original ering - no internet or cell phones back then - ha! There was also no PS and no one taking camera pics of rings back then!

There is a rundown of trade in weights and specs in an old thread of mine. It just doesn’t include my 2.19 or 2.53 WF diamonds. There are posts with pics about those trades though!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
This is great! I’ve changed mine up several times. My first ring we picked together, I convinced the boyfriend a cushion moissanite from eBay was the way to go instead of a diamond (huh?!) - I didn’t want him spending thousands he didn’t have and I wanted a large 1 carat stone. It was the original moissanite and whenever I come across pics I find it atrocious now - yucky cut and it was greenish yellow in some lighting.

Pretty neat how your original dream ring plan didn’t change! I love your blue topaz and that you’ve been able to repurpose everything!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Goes back 46 years to the original ering - no internet or cell phones back then - ha! There was also no PS and no one taking camera pics of rings back then!

There is a rundown of trade in weights and specs in an old thread of mine. It just doesn’t include my 2.19 or 2.53 WF diamonds. There are posts with pics about those trades though!

MGR, 46 years wow!!! I may have stalked your pics numerous times so know you have got some fab pieces!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
This is great! I’ve changed mine up several times. My first ring we picked together, I convinced the boyfriend a cushion moissanite from eBay was the way to go instead of a diamond (huh?!) - I didn’t want him spending thousands he didn’t have and I wanted a large 1 carat stone. It was the original moissanite and whenever I come across pics I find it atrocious now - yucky cut and it was greenish yellow in some lighting.

Pretty neat how your original dream ring plan didn’t change! I love your blue topaz and that you’ve been able to repurpose everything!

E2, I fell in love with the cushion halo just didn’t realise that all the pictures I loved had huge centers and when I saw what I could afford it was a bit womp womp! The only good thing that came out of covid was the annual holiday budget for 2 years could be repurposed for the bling!

After this ring I promised hubby that I would not buy any more diamonds but that I may play around and reset them in the future of I get bored.

The blue topaz is next in the repurpose chopping board as I am taking the 2 diamonds to set with the round from the double halo to make a three stone. I am kind of sad about it though as I love the topaz!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results