shape
carat
color
clarity

Tonks and Diamondseeker’s mini GTG!!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I was fortunate enough to see @diamondseeker2006 ’s WG vintage Alhambra bracelet when she posted it earlier this week, and I pounced. As we were exchanging emails, we realized we live about an hour from each other! So we decided to meet in the middle for coffee and to exchange the bracelet.

I thought we’d have coffee and chat for an hour.

Friends, I do believe we were there closer to four.

If any of you have the opportunity to meet DS, please do—she is warm, funny, and oh-so-knowledgeable about jewelry and diamonds. It felt like meeting an old friend, and we had a wonderful time!

And yes, there was also some jewelry.

0978B455-114C-47AD-A0DB-756A112E03E8.jpeg

I think the first thing I did (after hugging DS hello) was to surreptitiously look to see if she was wearing her AVR. And yes, she was!!! I was so excited to get to see this gorgeous stone and ring in person. Y’all, it did not disappoint. Yoram is truly a master cutter. The floral facets on this stone are out of this world. It reflects so many pastels! And the Victor setting is just perfection. It is so well made. It’s the first time I’ve seen a Victor halo in person and it is truly a work of art. So delicate, so smooth—a perfect accent to the center. Even the undergallery is gorgeous (forgot to get a photo of it). I hadn’t seen any of Victor’s wire work in person, either, and the tri-wire shank is really wonderful.

E90E469C-66CD-425E-8A1B-F6E651D18AE6.jpeg

Oh, my large hands. I do wish I had been able to wear this on my ring finger. Sigh.

94068B3D-ADC8-4F16-B313-E0C3B303AF47.jpeg

Love the detail on the sides! And the puffy crown.

CFF54CB9-F969-4C48-8716-2866DB2F425B.jpeg

DS tried on a trio of my bands and we decided she needs a trio of her own. I didn’t get a photo of it, but I’m hoping she did—my VC french cut band looks absolutely like it was made to go with her AVR! (The single cut pave looked pretty nice, too!). And she rocked this trio (VC single cut bright cut pave, HPD 3 ctw eternity, VC alternating french cut).

C8577EC2-5FEB-4E19-B1B6-607580C55C9F.jpeg

DS also tried my VCA signature perlee. I love it on her!

BF6DB0F4-41C8-4A96-B2D2-ADF8C90F015B.jpeg

VCA signature perlee paired with onyx/pave. I told DS since she’s got an onyx/pave she’s clearly got to get a signature perlee!

5CE1315E-1475-4C46-9AF0-031A4FF1642F.jpeg

This is me playing around with one of DS’s ACA studs. I can’t remember the stats for sure bit I want to say they are 1.6 each? At any rate, they are SO gorgeous. When she walked in her ears were just ablaze. ACAs really do put on a show.

C5D66870-EB35-4335-A6E0-05DE890D37D7.jpeg

My new hammered WG VCA with my Ecrou! @yssie , I believe you asked for this photo and your instincts are so good. I really like these two together.

07FAE8DE-AFBB-44F6-82B1-307967747130.jpeg

Adding my JUC. I can already tell this hammered bracelet is going to get a ton of wear.

7B525AE3-8DE5-45BD-9C32-D9EB292131AF.jpeg

I brought along Emma (really did try to be inconspicuous pulling out a travel jewelry case at a coffee shop) and DS got to meet my oldest piece.

4D255297-FD6A-480B-814F-5E49F94E5442.jpeg

Finally back home. My two five motifs together!

All in all, this was SUCH a fun day. Thank you, @diamondseeker2006 ! I can’t wait to do this again soon! Please post the photos you have!

Attachments

• 65EEA119-F4A0-4868-81D3-D3F2D3E3E464.jpeg
    65EEA119-F4A0-4868-81D3-D3F2D3E3E464.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 41

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on snagging DS's Alhambra bracelet! I have had the pleasure of meeting DS and she truly is a lovely person.

Thanks for sharing all the goodies with us!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it was SO MUCH FUN!!! :appl: Tonks brought some beautiful pieces from her collection, and I loved trying them on! It actually helped me gauge size for a potential 5 stone ring or eternity, and her diamond band collection is just fabulous! Also, she and I have the same VCA onyx pave bracelet, and hers had been shortened a little, and that helped me figure out what size I'd like mine! She also had the wg Perlee Signature bracelet, and unfortunately, I think I have to get one now! :lol:

As Tonks said, our quick coffee date turned into almost 4 hours!! We never even thought about lunch! It felt like catching up with an old friend, and I am still so amazed that we live so close to each other and realized it in this most unusual way!

I need to look through my pics to see if there are any with other things not yet posted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to add...Tonks and I both are white metals and diamond fans, and we both love black! So naturally, I loved all her jewelry!

I just copied all her pictures to my computer, and I'll post a few that I took with mostly the same pieces but from a different direction! She did mention that she doesn't normally wear all these bracelets at once, but it was great to visualize all the combinations she could make!

9.jpg

Fabulous VC bands and a HPD/CBI eternity (around 15 pt stones) in the middle!
11.jpg

Do y'all think I need this bangle to go with my onyx pave like hers??? :lol:
13.jpg

Another pic with Tonks grandmother's beautiful antique ring!

15.jpg

I look forward to our next get together, Tonks!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun meet-up! Thank you for sharing the beautiful bling pics!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so wonderful. Talk about kindred jewelry spirits. All the photos seemed to come from one collection. I absolutely loved that you both could have swapped pieces. Congratulations to @Tonks for scoring DS’s gorgeous WG five motif. What a collector’s piece. And @diamondseeker2006 im so happy you got a chance to try on the signature perlee. Are we going to be twins? And I would have loved to see all of @tonk ‘s gorgeous VC bands. What a fun “hour” you guys had!

And @Tonks i love how the the five motif works with all your Cartier pieces too.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a wonderful afternoon! It is such a pleasure to meet another PS member in person. The love of jewelry is the basis on which to build a deeper, meaningful relationship. So happy that you two were able to meet and I love all of the beautiful pictures of the jewelry!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so jealous of you ladies!:bigsmile:

It was soo nice of you 2 to meet up and have super fun like that. Thank you for the amazing eye candy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while back I had a dream that a heap of PSers were at a function and we all bought along our jewels and gems.
On each table instead of flower arrangements there were microscopes and loupes and UV lights.
Everyone was looking at, trying on other peoples pieces of jewellery and they was much “oooh and ahhhhh” all round. I was looking for @missy to see her Opal Ring but there was a huge queue. I saw that @landscape was there and I announced that very loudly and everyone raced over there to see his/her amazing gem collection leaving me with Missys Opal Ring all to myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this, thank you for sharing @Tonks and @diamondseeker2006
This is the best part of PS IMO. Not the bling but the friendships.
:kiss2:

Oh and did I mention

THUD!

swooningoverbling.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C7A1FA3D-59DC-4B8F-8470-965704507CF4.jpeg

This is my favourite photo - look at all that bling you’re both sporting :kiss2: I’ll bet you got some gawks from passers-by, I know I sure would have :cool2:

It sounds like a marvellous time!! And Tonks, everything you say about DS is very true. She is a shrewd and practical mind wrapped in warmth ❤️

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, it was SO MUCH FUN!!! :appl: Tonks brought some beautiful pieces from her collection, and I loved trying them on! It actually helped me gauge size for a potential 5 stone ring or eternity, and her diamond band collection is just fabulous! Also, she and I have the same VCA onyx pave bracelet, and hers had been shortened a little, and that helped me figure out what size I'd like mine! She also had the wg Perlee Signature bracelet, and unfortunately, I think I have to get one now! :lol:

As Tonks said, our quick coffee date turned into almost 4 hours!! We never even thought about lunch! It felt like catching up with an old friend, and I am still so amazed that we live so close to each other and realized it in this most unusual way!

You know, we probably should have thought about lunch! Omg! When I got home, my son looked at me incredulously and said, “you talked about jewelry the WHOLE time?!?” Yes. Yes we did. My husband, meanwhile, was just nodding, like, you have no idea.

I’m so glad you got to try the shortened onyx/pave and it let you figure out what to do to shorten your bracelets! I really do think four links will be perfect for you.

It was also so nice to see someone else who is a fan of white metals right now—I am not opposed to yellow gold, but with my pinkish skin, I am drawn to white and it’s definitely not the “in” metal. I love that you appreciate it and collect it.

This is so wonderful. Talk about kindred jewelry spirits. All the photos seemed to come from one collection. I absolutely loved that you both could have swapped pieces. Congratulations to @Tonks for scoring DS’s gorgeous WG five motif. What a collector’s piece. And @diamondseeker2006 im so happy you got a chance to try on the signature perlee. Are we going to be twins? And I would have loved to see all of @tonk ‘s gorgeous VC bands. What a fun “hour” you guys had!

And @Tonks i love how the the five motif works with all your Cartier pieces too.

That part was really amazing. We have a lot of similar tastes and it was so fun! I wish my hands were tinier so I could have properly worn DS’s gorgeous AVR, because holy moly, WOW. Sigh. What a ring.

Yes, I am pleased with how the five motif works with the Cartier pieces, too! It’s not necessarily a traditional pairing (it seems people tend to lean all VCA or all Cartier?) but I’m not particularly traditional so it works. You have the most gorgeous white gold combos, @LLJsmom ! I have loved seeing your collection and how you combine things.

Looks like a wonderful afternoon! It is such a pleasure to meet another PS member in person. The love of jewelry is the basis on which to build a deeper, meaningful relationship. So happy that you two were able to meet and I love all of the beautiful pictures of the jewelry!!
It was truly wonderful, and it did feel like we had known each other for a long time. It makes me think that more PS get togethers are in order!

I am so jealous of you ladies!:bigsmile:

It was soo nice of you 2 to meet up and have super fun like that. Thank you for the amazing eye candy.
It was a lot of fun. So glad you enjoyed the photos!

A while back I had a dream that a heap of PSers were at a function and we all bought along our jewels and gems.
On each table instead of flower arrangements there were microscopes and loupes and UV lights.
Everyone was looking at, trying on other peoples pieces of jewellery and they was much “oooh and ahhhhh” all round. I was looking for @missy to see her Opal Ring but there was a huge queue. I saw that @landscape was there and I announced that very loudly and everyone raced over there to see his/her amazing gem collection leaving me with Missys Opal Ring all to myself.
Now THAT is a dream. How much fun would that be? I’m envisioning old fashioned dance cards but instead you sign up to go try on a piece.

One thing DS and I were talking about is how you really do need to try things on in person, and that can be hard to do with PS vendors or branded pieces where you can’t easily find pieces.

LOVE this, thank you for sharing @Tonks and @diamondseeker2006
This is the best part of PS IMO. Not the bling but the friendships.
:kiss2:

Oh and did I mention

THUD!

swooningoverbling.gif
It is such a special community, both online and off. I really had no idea back when I joined.

C7A1FA3D-59DC-4B8F-8470-965704507CF4.jpeg

This is my favourite photo - look at all that bling you’re both sporting :kiss2: I’ll bet you got some gawks from passers-by, I know I sure would have :cool2:

It sounds like a marvellous time!! And Tonks, everything you say about DS is very true. She is a shrewd and practical mind wrapped in warmth ❤️

It is definitely more bling than I would ordinarily wear to have coffee, that’s for sure! I didn’t see anybody looking. DS and I were talking about how no one really notices jewelry except jewelry people. Fortunately the coffee place was in a very safe area so I had no qualms about it, and I felt ok pulling out my travel jewelry case.

At any rate, it was all around a wonderful experience. My hope is to be able to meet other PSers in person some day as well!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That is awesome! I’m jealous haha. I would just LOVE to meet some PSers in person! Also do you have a thread on Emma?! That piece looks divine.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome! I’m jealous haha. I would just LOVE to meet some PSers in person! Also do you have a thread on Emma?! That piece looks divine.

Yes, there is a thread on Emma!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun GTG with lots of beautiful jewelry to try on! You two have amazing WG collections! The best part is that VCA and Victor Canera are two of my favorite jewelry vendors!

And everyone should be as fortunate to meet @diamondseeker2006 IRL since she is such a great person and a wealth of knowledge in all things diamond related!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two PSers I'd love to meet! And a whoooole lot or jewelry I'd luuuurve to try on!!

@Tonks - thank you for starting this thread and posting all these photos - they were a joy to see! And - oh! how I love your grandmother's ring! Just a wonderful, wonderful example of "how they used to do things back then" that we've never really cracked in more modern times. Gorgeous! And, as someone who is putting together a 27pt eternity, the photos of your eternity were all sorts of useful! Could you tell me your finger size? It looks fabulous on you! Do you love the diamond size, or would you go larger/smaller if you were doing it again?

And @diamondseeker2006 - as everyone who has been here any amount of time knows, you're the real staple on PS that everyone needs! I joined PS thinking I needed a new 3 stone and an eternity band - but what I really needed was a wealth of wisdom and experience! Enter Diamondseeker2006! Tho I have to say, my friend, if I was like Tonks, sitting in a coffee shop, wearing your AVR/VC beauty, with an exit strategy in place, I'd be laughing crazily and running for the door while yelling "You can't catch me! You can't catch me!" If ever there was a ring that could make me lose my mind, that would have to be it.

I'm so glad you ladies got to meet! Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos - and DS - the Perlee looks perfect on you and goes seamlessly with your collection.

And Tonks - congratulations on your fabulous new piece! <3

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks and @diamondseeker, It sounds like you two had a wonderful day and the time flew by when you were together. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. I’m envisioning the two of you sitting there having a ball talking about your beautiful jewelry. I’m glad you both had such a fun day!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
If I am not mistaken I don't think I am too far from you all as well, if y'all ever do a get together that you'd open up to other PS members let me know! Looks like so much fun!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I am not mistaken I don't think I am too far from you all as well, if y'all ever do a get together that you'd open up to other PS members let me know! Looks like so much fun!
Oh, we would welcome others! I have a listing in pre-loved, and if you can find that and go to the link, you'll find my contact info at the bottom of the listing. You can let me know what area you are in, and if it is close, we can certainly try to have a future get-together!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun GTG with lots of beautiful jewelry to try on! You two have amazing WG collections! The best part is that VCA and Victor Canera are two of my favorite jewelry vendors!

And everyone should be as fortunate to meet @diamondseeker2006 IRL since she is such a great person and a wealth of knowledge in all things diamond related!
It was really wonderful. We would have loved to have had you there as well!

Two PSers I'd love to meet! And a whoooole lot or jewelry I'd luuuurve to try on!!

@Tonks - thank you for starting this thread and posting all these photos - they were a joy to see! And - oh! how I love your grandmother's ring! Just a wonderful, wonderful example of "how they used to do things back then" that we've never really cracked in more modern times. Gorgeous! And, as someone who is putting together a 27pt eternity, the photos of your eternity were all sorts of useful! Could you tell me your finger size? It looks fabulous on you! Do you love the diamond size, or would you go larger/smaller if you were doing it again?

And @diamondseeker2006 - as everyone who has been here any amount of time knows, you're the real staple on PS that everyone needs! I joined PS thinking I needed a new 3 stone and an eternity band - but what I really needed was a wealth of wisdom and experience! Enter Diamondseeker2006! Tho I have to say, my friend, if I was like Tonks, sitting in a coffee shop, wearing your AVR/VC beauty, with an exit strategy in place, I'd be laughing crazily and running for the door while yelling "You can't catch me! You can't catch me!" If ever there was a ring that could make me lose my mind, that would have to be it.

I'm so glad you ladies got to meet! Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos - and DS - the Perlee looks perfect on you and goes seamlessly with your collection.

And Tonks - congratulations on your fabulous new piece! <3
Oh, @mrs-b , you know you’re on my “PSers I’d love to meet” list for sure!

Yes, it did require a certain amount of self control not to make a break for it wearing the AVR/VC creation. In retrospect I am quite impressed with myself. HA!

As to the eternity, it is sized for my right hand, which is roughly a 7. And I think the 29 pt stones are just perfect. So I’m all for your 27 pt eternity! That size is blingy but wearable. Now, I don’t really stack it with an engagement ring, though I absolutely have been known to stack it with a band or two. I will wear it with an engraved band or with a pave band alone, or with one on each side.

Hope that helps! (Oh, and just to make sure you’re looking at the right photos—there are two eternities in these photos—one is smaller and one is larger. The one DS is wearing stacked is the smaller, and the one she is wearing alone is the one with 29 pointers. You can also see the larger one alone on my right hand in several of the shots, and that may be most helpful as I think we are close in ring size. Lmk if you need more photos.)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, ladies..... This thread would warm anybody's cockles!

I'm so glad you got to meet & swap blings! The pictures are beautiful & the pieces are seamless from one of you to the other.

@Tonks Congratulations on your new VCA! Definitely meant to be yours.

@diamondseeker2006 You have the one diamond to rule them all. It never fails to make me gasp.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results